PDA

View Full Version : The Fujita

SilentJay
09-19-2007, 11:28 PM
So I finally managed to get the CAI installed tonight. Bloody hell, removing the bumper was a huge chore. That said, I have a few questions...

- The kit came with an allan key and a few screws. What are these for? For the love of me, I can't figure this out. CAI works without 'em anyway.

- I know some people have taped the vents right next to the filter. Any more permanant solutions? I was thinking of getting a thick but flexible sheet of plastic and mount it to the splash guard with screws and some silicon sealant.

JonsMazda
09-20-2007, 12:09 AM
If its firm and doesnt move radically then ur good to go....i believe i also have some left over screws from installing the fujita..

WeatherB
09-20-2007, 07:29 AM
LOL. Removing the bumper is easy once you do it a few times.

The allan key and screws are for mounting the MAF sensor.

A more permanent solution would be to purchase a hydro-shield pre-filter. I got mine from CTA on this forum.

nicker
09-20-2007, 09:05 AM
ok yikes you have to remove the bumper to get this on? Mine should be here today! A BIG THANKS TO SUPERSHYGUY!

I was hopeing to get mine on today or Saturday. But really you have to remove the bumper?

Why is a hyro preshield filter?

Does anyone have any install tips for this ?

MattC
09-20-2007, 09:36 AM
If you have a 100% stock intake system currently, then yes, you need to take the bumper off, just to save yourself a big headache.

removing the stock resonator is probably the biggest pain because it has a few really akwardly placed bolts.

dentinger
09-20-2007, 10:58 AM
i'll have to show u guys wat i did to my car regarding my fujita.
i cut out the one spot where the fog lights are (my car doesnt have them), so now i have way more airflow going into the intake.

nicker
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
ok that sucks! Oh well if it makes it that much easier then I guess you do what you have to do!

dentinger
09-20-2007, 11:38 AM
i didnt have to cut the bumper to isntall the intake, i did that just last week, as a way of better/colder airflow into the intake..

nicker
09-20-2007, 11:40 AM
No I was referring to the fact that you have to take it off.

I just got my intaked delivered to me at work and had a look at the install instructions. Looks easy actually.

I can't wait to get this baby on!

Thanks again Supershyguy!!!!!

doughboyr6
09-20-2007, 11:49 AM
i'll have to show u guys wat i did to my car regarding my fujita.
i cut out the one spot where the fog lights are (my car doesnt have them), so now i have way more airflow going into the intake.

i was gonna drill some holes in the black piece near the fog light...but figure that's just more water getting in and the possiblity of hydrolock...

get the outer wears

dentinger
09-20-2007, 12:08 PM
ya, im a little more cautious in the rain now. and i'll def. have to buy a hyrdo sheild for winter.

but everyone says you pretty much have to submerge the filter to hydrolock your engine. and ive only ever read about 1 person who hyrdolocked...

SilentJay
09-20-2007, 12:15 PM
debating between the outter filter sheild or doing my DIY plastic shield for the splash-guard vents so I don't suffocate the filter...

WeatherB
09-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Taking the bumper off is really easy and simple. Keep in mind that the bumper is just a plastic cover for looks.

JonsMazda
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Taking the bumper off is really easy and simple. Keep in mind that the bumper is just a plastic cover for looks.

+1 10mins for me to take bumper off. That's cause I always take the bumper off for various installs.

SilentJay
09-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Bastids. Took me forever. 13 screws on the bottom??

nicker
09-20-2007, 02:44 PM
so how long does it typically take to install?

And if you put a filter cover on doesn't that restrict air flow? I to what to do somthing to prevent water from getting in but don't want to loose perfermance!

dentinger
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
just a FYI,

you can also install the fujita if you take off the driver's side wheel, and part of the wheel well, but that one bolt is still a HUGE bitch tho.
i think it took us a good 10 minutes on that one bolt alone.

WeatherB
09-20-2007, 04:34 PM
My install took around 2 hours because I took my time and wanted to make sure everything was installed nice.

Well, the Injen pre-filter claims that it does not affect the power gains. I haven't noticed any difference.

JonsMazda
09-20-2007, 04:38 PM
When Matt did the install for me, it took no more then 45mins...

nicker
09-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Well I got my F5 on and in under two hours! and did it at night!

The hardest part was the f-ing bumpter those two screws in the wheel wells in the top! **** me! Harder getting them back in.

Well all that said my only complaint is the hose that goes from the intake to the engine. They give you NO clamps and cheap hose. Id like to get something a little more dressy or maybe evem colored ???

Anyway took the car for spin and it does make a nice noise when you are on it , nice little grumble. Can't wait till i can really test it.

Second thing before I forget how often do you change or clean the filter. What **** that is going to be!

dentinger
09-20-2007, 10:15 PM
ive had mine on for about 8000km's, or 6 months or so, and im going to be checking it soon.... just to see.

WeatherB
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Well I got my F5 on and in under two hours! and did it at night!

The hardest part was the f-ing bumpter those two screws in the wheel wells in the top! **** me! Harder getting them back in.

Well all that said my only complaint is the hose that goes from the intake to the engine. They give you NO clamps and cheep hose. Id like to get something a little more dressy or colored ???

Any took car for spin and it does make a nice noise when you are on it , nice little grumble. Can't wait till i can really test it.

Second thing before I forget how often do you change or clean the filter. What **** that is going to be!

I just used a zip-tie on each end of the hose. It hasn't moved yet.

dentinger
09-20-2007, 11:56 PM
i think mine just slid on there snugly.
they havent moved at all yet either

SilentJay
09-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I used zip ties as well, but I have some stainless clamps about that size in the garage i'll probably toss on later.

nicker
09-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Well I found a much better hose. I went to a local car shop in london here and got a silver braided hose and some red clamps to make sure the ends do not come off. Just a nice peice of mind and it really dresses up the set up.

I will post some pics tomorrow.

SilentJay
09-22-2007, 12:01 AM
I found I had to trim the provided hose by a few inches to ensure that the hose wasn't kinking.

1flycdnM3
09-22-2007, 10:48 AM
why did i make a "how-to" video when nobody watches it lol

taking off the bumper makes this install ALOT easier and Adam I dont know HOW you only took 10 mins to get that bolt off without taking off the bumper. It took me closer to an hour yelling and swearing at it!!!

dentinger
09-22-2007, 02:17 PM
lol sorry, 10 minutes, with 3 of us trying at school, and still alot of swearing and cussing

SilentJay
10-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Update: I think i've managed to keep the filter "relatively" safe from water coming in from the wheel-wells, now for the front exposure...

nicker
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
well with afew weeks with running he F5 I love it, love the added punch and I love the sound!. Now onto a Cat back!

Moses
10-03-2007, 06:07 AM
I Installed it yesterday, have to dyno it now!!

nicker
10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey moses did you dyno it before the CAI? Id be curious for someone to actually do that.

I myself for sure think there is allo of extra pickup.

Moses
10-03-2007, 07:51 PM
No man i didn't.