PDA

View Full Version : Scratches everytime I go out...

kid_icarus
09-25-2007, 03:54 PM
So as some of you know I have a true red MS3.....
I keep it pretty clean and usually drive it on weekends and nights and usually when it's not raining and stuff.

However, it seems EVERYTIME i go out now, i find some new damn scratch somewhere along my car....
It seems like ppl don't know how to avoid WALKING into my car... some scratches look like someone with a purse or something walked into the side of my car...

My old car... hardly saw any scratches if ANY... i don't know if it's just the mazdaspeed... or the the fact that it's a red car where i notice the scratches more easily... but if this keeps up, i'm probably going to have to get a new paint job in 1.5 years (assuming these scratches happen on different parts of the vehicle each time)

i usually park at the edge of the parking lot where the vehicles are 'scattered' as opposed to clumped one beside another. I do not take up two spaces... and i don't park on the opposite end of the parking lot where it seems "blatantly obvious" that i'm trying to avoid any damage. I honestly don't know why this keeps happening..

Anyways, i've tried some scratch coating from meguiars (in this black tube) but it doesn't help remove the scratches... I'm assuming i'm pretty much out of luck....
any suggestions???

nicker
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
not sure what you can do to prevent it, maybe its the color but most likely its the ****ing shitty roads in this province and rocks and shit that the trucks shoot up at your car, and also ******* people that open their doors in to your car or what ever.

Skarbro
09-26-2007, 05:35 AM
i don't park on the opposite end of the parking lot where it seems "blatantly obvious" that i'm trying to avoid any damage.
Well this is your problem right there. This is the best way to avoid scratches. Park your car where there is virtually no chance of anyone walking by it - at the very back against a corner. Away from other cars and walkways/paths. That will minimize scratches. And it's good exercise for you. :)

Cardinal Fang
09-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I have another suggestion.....do drive your car anywhere. Leave it parked in the garage and stare at it at night.

Sorry.....but scratches from asshats on a car are like death and taxes.

kid_icarus
09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
lol.... opposite side eh... i don't mind doing that... i just assume that being more "natural" with the car the way i treated my old car would be okay... (cuz with my old car i never got door dents or scratches, unless it was my gf that did it)

I'll try parking farther then.. i just think that when i "isolate" my car it makes it more of a target for punks and asshat's who go "hey look, let's go mess up that bitchez car"....

i realize its like death and taxes... just didn't think so many scratches so fast...

b3GS
09-26-2007, 09:14 AM
do you guys find if you do try to park a bit away from everyone else that as soon as you come back.. some :AH has still parked right beside you!?!? and usually too damn close too :bang

I hate people :complain

kid_icarus
09-26-2007, 10:05 AM
do you guys find if you do try to park a bit away from everyone else that as soon as you come back.. some :AH has still parked right beside you!?!? and usually too damn close too :bang

that's what happens a lot to me..
i park maybe 5-6 spaces from the closest car..

next thing u know
there's no spaces around you left by the time you come out...
i wish i had a batmobile that had armor surrounding the car when i hit the lock button

ZeroChalk
09-26-2007, 10:18 AM

I usually find people who take care of their cars parked next to mine.

Skarbro
09-26-2007, 11:31 AM
i just think that when i "isolate" my car it makes it more of a target for punks and asshat's who go "hey look, let's go mess up that bitchez car"....

In my opinion, your car is more likely to get vandalized if it is surrounded by other cars (i.e., giving the vandals cover). If it's out in the open and under a light, they'll think twice since the car is easily visible.

Peace B
11-06-2007, 11:45 PM
anybody know good places to take to body shops? ig ot a pretty nasty stratch from a rock on the highway the other day....
GTA region.

Videcak
11-10-2007, 11:49 AM

It sucks for sure. I don't care how close somebody parks to me, as long as they don't touch.

Fezuki
11-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Park beside people with expensive cars. They're probably more careful when it comes to opening/closing their door. If you park beside a crap box, they're more than likely to cause some sort of damage to your car as well as their own.

Videcak
11-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Actually, people with expensive cars tend not to care. They tend to be rich and could care less, not always the case though. You're better off finding someone with a decent car that looks cared for and maybe has some money put into it.

Tokic_o
11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
lol now parking is going to take 100x longer becuase you have to inspect the cars near you to see if they pass the qualities desired. :chuckle

Videcak
11-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Man, if I don't find a spot I like, I will circle for around 15 minutes until I am satisfied. If something I don't like comes up at 15 minutes, I'll park in a different area.

srbin
11-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Actually, people with expensive cars tend not to care. They tend to be rich and could care less, not always the case though. You're better off finding someone with a decent car that looks cared for and maybe has some money put into it.

:agree I would rather park next to clean mazda 3 than dirty expensive bimmer...

Pariah
11-16-2007, 01:21 PM
:agree I would rather park next to clean mazda 3 than dirty expensive bimmer...

Here's is the problem with keeping clean - two weeks ago I had just detailed the car, gone out and parked in what I had thought was an out of the way spot that was protected on the rear and driver sides. Wouldn't you know it, some a$$h0le must have rested a dirty box/bag on the hood right by the passenger-side door leaving a truly epic scrape approx 10 cm wide and at least that tall that has gone through the clear and just into the paint.

That was just the latest in scratches and scrapes, I'm fed up trying to keep the darn thing clean and scratch free. Last week, I got rustproofing done and the car is now one greasy mess covered with dust stuck to the oily film left by the rustproofing. Guess what, I haven't a single new scratch during the time it's been dirty. Not a single rub mark in the dust. I guess people don't want to get contaminated by the cr@p that's all over the car right now.

Pariah

RX9
01-16-2008, 01:51 AM
thats why i do the diamont coating every year, i thought mazda's paint layer is "softer" than others.