PDA

View Full Version : Muffler

hood
09-27-2007, 03:41 PM
hey guys, i was wonder if this will fit my mazda 3 GT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Tip-N1-Carbon-Muffler-MAZDA-3-RX7-RX8-MX5-MIATA-XB_W0QQitemZ250168973176QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33636QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they look easy to install, are they?
Do they void warrenty?

MattC
09-27-2007, 03:48 PM
omg... if you get one of those, you have to be driving a honda civic.

3GFX
09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Won't fit without a custom exhaust, secondly it would be worth it.

Even if you took the cheap way out, it would just decrease performance!

Our exhaust doesn't have the muffler near the tip, its in the middle of the piping in the middle of the car. Look underneath.

hood
09-27-2007, 04:01 PM
why does it fits a mazda 3?

3GFX
09-27-2007, 04:06 PM
It can be made to fit any vehicle, we could put it on a lawn tractor.

Its just for looks. Be careful Hood, a lot of things on eBay aren't legitimate. If you really want that exhuast you'd have to get custom piping. It could be done, but add at least another $100 to the price of the exhaust. Secondly do you seen any room for that large exhaust? I wouldn't recommend it. For numerous reasons.

EDIT: I just looked at the price again. Think about it, an exhaust for $50CDN inc shipping, you're definitly gonna get what you pay for.

hood
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
could you also point me where i could get a fairly new MS3 exaust. Im guessin the MS3 exaust doesnt void warrenty, but how much would it cost plus install?

and the other thing ive heard about MS3 exaust is people are loosing low rpm torque?

PS i dont know much about cars :) still learnin n pickin stuff up off the forums

3GFX
09-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Send a message to FLIPDADY, he works for Mazda of Toronto. He will be able to help you out. He's the Mazda parts guy for this whole forum.

Use the search function it well help you out. Search: "Mazdaspeed" and "cat-back".

Be sure to look through old threads to get information all about exhausts and such.

MajesticBlueNTO
09-27-2007, 05:31 PM
hey guys, i was wonder if this will fit my mazda 3 GT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Tip-N1-Carbon-Muffler-MAZDA-3-RX7-RX8-MX5-MIATA-XB_W0QQitemZ250168973176QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33636QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they look easy to install, are they?
Do they void warrenty?

that is a muffler...it does not come with piping.

it may fit, Pearly has a similar setup with the muffler at the tip, and the HKS exhaust had a muffler like that in its exhaust for the Mazda3

you will have to either custom fabricate the piping yourself, or take it to an exhaust shop to have them bend the pipes (or weld mandrel bends together) and weld the hangers on that muffler. you're looking at anywhere from $100 to $300+ for piping+installation.

also, take a look at the seams on the end caps...they aren't welded to whatever that claimed "Carbon Fibre" is...that will surely blow apart at some point...also:

Product Specification:
Made of High Quality T-304 Stainless Steel
High quality ceramic coated steel with CNC mandrel-bent tubing
Lightweight designed
Inlet 2.5" Outlet 4" Lenght 20"
Increase 5-10 HP from the looks of the pic, there is no CNC mandrel-bent tubing (especially not for $30) nor is there any ceramic coated steel ...the item appears mis-represented from the Product Specification (alluding to the fact that it has ceramic coated steel piping when in fact it is just a muffler).

as for voiding warranty, well, there is no definitive answer .... in truth, an exhaust shouldn't void the warranty on the rest of the car ..you void the warranty on the stock exhaust if you cut it and remove it to put an aftermarket one in....but it is up to the dealer's or mazda canada's discretion as to whether an aftermarket exhaust affected the failed component.

Kevin@nextmod
09-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Pearly has a similar setup with the muffler at the tip, and the HKS exhaust had a muffler like that in its exhaust for the Mazda3

I had a custom setup but i took it out after 2 tickets with the po's. Now mine is purely quiet.

Seriously, if you're going to get something like that, i'd rather keep it stock. Yes i know its cheap in price but you get what you pay for in a muffler. My HKS muffler came up to $360 and piping + installation was $300. Yes its expensive but its totally worth it because it sounds very very HKS-ish :)

If i were you, i'd just pick up the magnaflow. They are going for a very very cheap price. With the dollars this high, its going to be even cheaper.

Moses
09-27-2007, 10:05 PM
pm sent

dentinger
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
ya, dont waste your money. just get a full cat back. the larger piping will increase flow, and increse fuel economy. plus, it'll sound way better than that fart can

HappyJappy
09-28-2007, 12:44 AM
pm sent

?? :loco

Gizzmo_jr
09-28-2007, 11:14 AM
?? :loco

Looking for the phone number of the female in your pic.

nicker
09-28-2007, 02:54 PM
um ya don't do this. If you want somthing nice save some money and get a nice Cat back.