PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Clothes...

Zubbie
10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Over the last couple of week i've noticed that my microfiber clothes have been leaving fiber behind...

They are little strands of fiber and it only occurs when i use certain car care products.

It never used to happen before I clay barred and started using the simoniz gel car wash (instead of the car wash and wax).

Is the problem the microfiber clothes? and how often do you guys get new microfiber clothes?

anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Chris

Kevin@nextmod
10-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Where did you get those cloths?

Zubbie
10-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I got them all from CT, whether they were included with a product or sold separately.

blue3
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
i use micro fiber , no fibers left behind ,

Skarbro
10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I use The Absorber synthetic chamois. You're supposed to store it a little wet in the plastic container to keep it from degrading. Perhaps that's the same with what you have?

Zubbie
10-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I use the Absorber only to dry my car and it does not leave anything behind.

Im mainly talkin about when Im applying or removing car care products from my car

Skarbro
10-09-2007, 05:26 AM
I use the Absorber only to dry my car and it does not leave anything behind.

Im mainly talkin about when Im applying or removing car care products from my car
Ah got you.

sicsol
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Try the one from Costco in the Auto section.

Xenon
10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
are we talking about microfibre CLOTHS or CLOTHES?

baymoe
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I think he meant cloths. Can't imagine using clothes to dry and buff the car.. heh

jaguar
10-14-2007, 02:00 PM
I use chamois as well to dry the car. I have been using my microfibre cloth for over a year and it doesnt not leave any fibre behind. In case you're interested, I have 2 cloths, 1 from eagleone, the other from simoniz

MAZDA Kitten
10-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Try the one from Costco in the Auto section.

The Costco ones are the best
Pretty big and thick (Cardi - get your mind out of the gutter :gone)
20 of them for like $8

lamerking
10-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Next time I will buy from Costco. I got mine originally from Dollarama for a buck each after seeing the prices at Walmart. I should have got the walmart ones instead. These ones leave little fibres even though it says Microfibre.

The Costco ones are the best
Pretty big and thick (Cardi - get your mind out of the gutter :gone)
20 of them for like $8

Flagrum_3
10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I've purchased micro-fibre cloths from both CT and Costco, the Costco ones I find slightly better quality and the price is much better, as for the fact that they leave some fibre behind, which I have noticed myself...I've found its better to wash the towels properly before attempting to use them but follow the washing instructions or you'll just make them worse i.e; don't use fabric softener for one.

I recently also purchased a couple of micro-fibre drying towels at walmart for $20 ea. ..these are quite large and using just one easily drys the whole vehicle without any streaks and no worries about leaving spyder web scratches.

_3

Zubbie
10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys, im gonna have to pick some cloths up next time im at costco.

As for washing them, I've always used liquid detergent while in the wash and used a dryer to dry them.

And obviously I meant cloths not clothes, thanks for pointing out my typo.

PierreB
10-20-2007, 05:41 PM
are you washing the cloths with other colored clothing? If yes it will leave fiber behind from the other clothes.

I wash them in hot cycle and then put them into the dryer, doesn't leave anything behind.

Iturralde
10-27-2007, 10:33 PM
I also purchased the my microfiber cloths from Costco. I highly reccomend them.

They are probably not as good as the cloths from one of the sponsers (E-Shine I think?), but they are probably the next best thing.

X