PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Netherlands does not approve CAI

vblanche
10-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I was planning on getting a Fujita CAI for my 2007 Mazda3 GT, but I contacted Mazda here in Holland to know if they allow it regarding warranty.

Here is their answer:
"The cold air system as described on the sites below will have direct influence on the warranty of the engine. This modification is not allowed by Mazda as air is coming from outside the engine compartment. Modifications on the inlet system of the engine are forbidden by Mazda with regard to the warranty on the engine. So if you do not want to loose the warranty on the engine it may be better not to install the cold air intake."

What do you think? should I insist?

thanks for your help.
vince

condor888000
10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Ask about the Mazdaspeed CAI if you're that worried about the warranty.

vblanche
10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Ask about the Mazdaspeed CAI if you're that worried about the warranty.
:), you're right...I'll check if they sell it, then I will not hesitate if they sell it.

Also, when I first asked, the guy didn't know what a CAI was...

EvilDeadFan
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Wow, you must have some kind of engine. The type that creates it's own air right inside the engine bay. God forbid any air from outside get in there! Because you know.. that's where the stock intake draws air from.. Aftermarket air intakes are juste better...

dr1ft3r
10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Also, when I first asked, the guy didn't know what a CAI was...

Lol...If he gonna install your CAI you should be like...
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/dr1ft3r310/howabout.jpg
:chuckle

Skarbro
10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
The stock intake is a CAI.

WLS ZMZM
10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
thats crazy... that write up is quite professional though :chuckle can't believe thats what they say... as for the air in the engine bay... I guess the euro 3's are more advanced :chuckle

EvilDeadFan
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi,

I was planning on getting a Fujita CAI for my 2007 Mazda3 GT, but I contacted Mazda here in Holland to know if they allow it regarding warranty.

Here is their answer:
"The cold air system as described on the sites below will have direct influence on the warranty of the engine. This modification is not allowed by Mazda as air is coming from outside the engine compartment. Modifications on the inlet system of the engine are forbidden by Mazda with regard to the warranty on the engine. So if you do not want to loose the warranty on the engine it may be better not to install the cold air intake."

What do you think? should I insist?

thanks for your help.
vince

Then ask them why the stock intake does the exact same thing, and why the Mazdaspeed intake, made and sold by Mazda WITH a warranty is basically the same type of pipe and filter, minus being able to be split in half.. but suddenly isn't a problem with Mazda..

vblanche
10-17-2007, 04:21 AM
I re-contacted the "Mazda Netherlands" guy and asked him about mazdaspeed CAI.

Here is his answer:

"Generally speaking the accessories sold by Mazda Speed are intended for sale on the US market. The cars sold in Europe have slightly different specifications from the US vehicles. If Mazda Speed accessories are installed on cars in Europe it does not mean that the warranty of the car is no longer valid. However if a defect occurs on some part of the vehicle we will evaluate if the defect is caused by the installed accessory. If the defect is not caused by the installed accessory the standard Mazda warranty will be applied. It is clear that on the installed Mazda Speed accessories itself which are bought in the US no European warranty will be applied. If such an accessory got defect you have to apply for warranty in the US."

well, it isn't a YES nor NO, is it?

EvilDeadFan
10-17-2007, 06:15 AM
Not really. This person really chooses their words very well. You should then ask if they have ever sold any Mazdaspeed accessories... ;) But don't ask him, call and speak to whoever at the parts desk. And when and if the parts person probably says yes, of course.. you can write back and call the person on the b.s. lines they've been giving you.

Cardinal Fang
10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
"Generally speaking the accessories sold by Mazda Speed are intended for sale on the US market. The cars sold in Europe have slightly different specifications from the US vehicles. If Mazda Speed accessories are installed on cars in Europe it does not mean that the warranty of the car is no longer valid. However if a defect occurs on some part of the vehicle we will evaluate if the defect is caused by the installed accessory. If the defect is not caused by the installed accessory the standard Mazda warranty will be applied. It is clear that on the installed Mazda Speed accessories itself which are bought in the US no European warranty will be applied. If such an accessory got defect you have to apply for warranty in the US."

A lesson in Lawyer speak. What do you call 3 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.

I'd love to hear your opinions on what I bolded. Apart from smaller engine capacity what are the different specifications for the European Mazda3.

JMAK74
10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Nice one Sir Fang.

What do you call 3 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.

I'd love to hear your opinions on what I bolded.

What do you say when you add two more lawyers to the bottom of the sea?

What happened to that good start?

JMAK realizes he's tired and shouldn't be trying to add to a good joke with a lame joke... especially around Sir Fang

Hitman
10-23-2007, 08:22 AM
There's gotta be something in the air!!

Cardinal Fang
10-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I agree. That Dutch Air is horrible.

SP33D 3
10-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree. That Dutch Air is horrible.

could be their new ban on shrooms