PDA

View Full Version : huge paint chip

Peace B
11-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Was driving on the highway and a huge truck in front of me made a sharp merge and dropped off like a billion pebbles. A big piece caught the side of my door really good.. a scratch tahts about 2 inches long and somewhat deep. cut into the first layer of paint and a bit of the next coat. Any suggestions on waht i shoudl do? body shop? anything???
thanks everybody

b
11-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Paint pen $8 bucks and live with the problem area. It will cost you hundreds to fix at a body shop.

Peace B
11-07-2007, 01:28 AM
the pen and touch up stuff are so apparent. It seems like its better to just leave it than to use the touch up pen.

b
11-07-2007, 12:00 PM
I guess it depends on the colour of your car. On my black car the touch up paint saved me. I had a really deep scratch and it stood out. I touched it up. I can still see the scratch within 5 feet of the car. Just a black scratch now. Anything further from 5 feet and you can't see it.

Tokyo Drift
11-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I guess it depends on the colour of your car. On my black car the touch up paint saved me. I had a really deep scratch and it stood out. I touched it up. I can still see the scratch within 5 feet of the car. Just a black scratch now. Anything further from 5 feet and you can't see it.

which one and where did you buy it? is it actually touch up 'pen'?

WhiteZoomZoom
11-09-2007, 01:40 PM
use a touch-up pen... i m getting better at using the pen now... i paint the chip and i polish off the extra paint ... then apply the clear coat... and polish off the extra stuff again ... dont' know if that's the right way for doing it, but it looks fine on my pearl white =)