PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed CAI service parts - New!!

FLIPDADY
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Cleaning kit GRMS-8M-Z99 -$16.82 plus tax

Mazda 3 2.0/2.3 filter only GRMS-8M-L09 - $33.42 plus tax

Mazdaspeed 3 filter only GRMS-8M-L10 - $33.90 plus tax

RedRaptor
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Awesome Joe, thanks for doing the leg work to bring these part numbers into the Mazda Canada system.

yearoftherat
11-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Way to go Joe...lot cheaper than getting them from the US dealers

FLIPDADY
11-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks Rob for bugging me to inquire with Mazda and Chris for providing me with the part number.:)

Dan Da Man
11-08-2007, 12:12 PM
can i expect dealerships to have these in stock or would i have to order it?

RedRaptor
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks Rob for bugging me to inquire with Mazda and Chris for providing me with the part number.:)

I'll be in sometime to get one from you Joe. :)

FLIPDADY
11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
can i expect dealerships to have these in stock or would i have to order it?
Well I just had Mazda Canada add the numbers yesterday so no other dealership will have it nor will they know what you're talking about.

You guys saw it here first.:chuckle

RedRaptor
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Picked up my Mazdaspeed CAI replacement filter this past Saturday from Chris (Joe was off) at Mazda of Toronto. Here is a picture of it for those interested. As you can see, its a synthetic filter so you cannot oil it. Its a one time use application instead of the one that comes with the filter which you will need to clean and oil.

I will be taking our my stock filter this summer for cleaning and installing this one.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1344/img2871uh8.jpg

FLIPDADY
01-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks for posting this up Rob.

RedRaptor
01-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for posting this up Rob.

Props to you for getting the part number in Mazda Canada's database!

Flagrum_3
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Hey how often do these things need cleaning/replacing? I can't find my literature....and moron that I am I can't remember what mileage I had when I installed it.:bang

_3

Flagrum_3
01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Never mind, found the literature, date and mileage too:)

kudos to Flippy for getting this stuff too! :)

_3

3GFX
01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
What's the date and mileage again?

FLIPDADY
01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Taken right from the install instructions.

"Note: Clean your filter every 20,000 miles per the instructions on the included filter cleaning kit."

zoomzoom33
01-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Its a one time use application instead of the one that comes with the filter which you will need to clean and oil.

I'm confused, :bang, I thought that you can re-use the filter by cleaning it. If this is a one time use, then why is there a cleaning solution kit. So does this mean that I need to buy a new filter every few mths? :bang:bang:bang

cwp_sedan
01-23-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm confused, :bang, I thought that you can re-use the filter by cleaning it. If this is a one time use, then why is there a cleaning solution kit. So does this mean that I need to buy a new filter every few mths? :bang:bang:bang

"Note: Clean your filter every 20,000 miles per the instructions on the included filter cleaning kit."

I think Joe said "clean" the filter, not replace. :)

Nova 3 GT
01-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Is the new filter similiar to AEM's Dryflow filters ?

JashiK
03-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Joe can you clarify a few things for everyone?

1. Are these filters the AEM dry-flow relablled as Mazdaspeed?
2. If answer to question 1 is a "no" then are these Mazdaspeed filters reuseable?
3. The Cleaning solution... does it come with 2 bottles?

4. (question just for myself)
After cleaning the filter is it supposed to look fairly new (white)? Or depending on what the filters been thru, is it possible that after it's cleaned it looks pretty grey/black? haha

Thanks Joe...

yearoftherat
03-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I thin I can answer 3 outta out of the 4 questions as I have the MS CAI

2. The filters are reusable thats why there is a cleaning kit available
3. Two bottles
4. Its very close to being white/grey after cleaned

The AEM as well as the MS are synthetic and therefore you DO NOT oil them like the K&N filters

oneurt
03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Well I just had Mazda Canada add the numbers yesterday so no other dealership will have it nor will they know what you're talking about.

You guys saw it here first.:chuckle

I love walking into dealerships and asking for parts of giving them part numbers, and they just look so confused and lost.

dsichewski
08-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Hey Joe, Do you now have these replacement filters in stock. I would just like to replace mine. I'm gonna be at MOT for a service this friday, so thought if you had em there I would pick one up. Thanks

yearoftherat
06-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I know this is an old thread but wanted to give everyone an update on the pricing of the replacement CAI filter for the Mazda 3 2.0/2.3 filter.
Part# GRMS-8M-L09 is now 41.60 + taxes (reg price is 52.00)

cwp_sedan
04-15-2013, 05:42 PM
For those interested these part numbers are still current for those interested. I'm not sure how much longer Mazda will be offering these though.

a_ahmed
04-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Maaan I had a thread on this over a year ago NO ONE KNEW what it was lol... and those are good prices cuz i got that AFTER a discount saying im a member here at the oakville mazda if i recall.

I didn't measure mine last time, but if we can just measure the diameter, technically we could get any cone size with equal pipe diameter...

cwp_sedan
04-24-2013, 06:04 PM
I just bought one so I will measure it and post up the specs.

a_ahmed
04-25-2013, 03:58 PM
^That would be great so if they go out of production we can just get the same diameter ones. Did you get one for an MS3 or MZ3? Plus there are some aftermarket ones which flow better but can't tell which to get without diameter :)

standsideways
04-25-2013, 04:03 PM
^That would be great so if they go out of production we can just get the same diameter ones. Did you get one for an MS3 or MZ3? Plus there are some aftermarket ones which flow better but can't tell which to get without diameter :)

It really doesn't matter, the MAF section always goes back down to 2.5" or whatever...

Filter makes no difference

cwp_sedan
04-25-2013, 04:28 PM

It is the filter for the MS accessory intake for the MZ3

It really doesn't matter, the MAF section always goes back down to 2.5" or whatever...

Filter makes no difference

You are right in terms of the inlet size being a certain size.

It does though make a difference if you are running the protective splash shield for the MS intake. A filter too large in diameter or length won't fit.

standsideways
04-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Sorry i should have specified, i just meant flow wise, not fitment wise.

JaYson
05-07-2013, 03:03 PM
So is the Mazda OEM CAI filter the same diameter as all other CAIs? (Injen, AEM, etc.)

also how does the Dry filter cleaning kit work? i've only used the K&N Oiled filter kits.

standsideways
05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
So is the Mazda OEM CAI filter the same diameter as all other CAIs? (Injen, AEM, etc.)

also how does the Dry filter cleaning kit work? i've only used the K&N Oiled filter kits.

http://www.aemintakes.com/air_filter_cleaning_instructions.htm

JaYson
05-07-2013, 03:38 PM
http://www.aemintakes.com/air_filter_cleaning_instructions.htm

Cool. Thanks! and are all the dry filter cleaners the same for the most part? would the AEM/Mazda dry filter cleaners work on any INJEN/AEM/MAZDA dry filter?

cwp_sedan
05-07-2013, 06:02 PM

I have the dimensions of the MS Accessory filter if you want them. I was planning to put them up later but I can get them for you if you like.

Any dry filter will work as long is fits on the tubing and in the space in the wheel-well.

JaYson
05-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I have the dimensions of the MS Accessory filter if you want them. I was planning to put them up later but I can get them for you if you like.

Any dry filter will work as long is fits on the tubing and in the space in the wheel-well.

Sure, no rush. The CAI I got has a dry filter. I was just curious if I would be able to use the MS accessory filter as a direct replacement, instead of getting an INJEN filter

standsideways
05-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Cool. Thanks! and are all the dry filter cleaners the same for the most part? would the AEM/Mazda dry filter cleaners work on any INJEN/AEM/MAZDA dry filter?

Im sure they are, you may wanna check but it is just a fairly basic all purpose cleaner that gets washed out with water.

The mazda accessory one is likely made by aem or AFE or k&n or someone

Pereira11
05-08-2013, 10:32 AM
The Mazdaspeed replacement filter is 2.5" diameter

JaYson
05-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I assume the cleaner that is included with OILED filter cleaner kits would be different though, because it would be for oil based applications?

(I ask because I already have a K&N Oil Filter cleaning kit)

Injen doesn't even seem to recommend using any cleaning agents, They seem to only recommend vacuuming and using compressed air (15-20psi) at an angle.

sudz
06-16-2013, 11:52 AM
After reading this I've gotten confused.

I have a Mazdaspeed branded CAI.
Is the filter Oiled, or not?
Why is there two bottles in the cleaning kit? what is in each one? I would have assumed one was a cleaning agent, and one is Oil.

Was going to tackle this today, However I was just going to vacum it, Blast it with air from the inside of the filter, and then agitate it in some water with dish soap - rinse thoroughly, then air dry.

But if its oiled, that's a whole new story. (well, not really, I'm sure I can pick up some at crappy tire or something - I used to do this on my dirtbike, but that involved just mashing the foam filter with some oil on your hands.)

cwp_sedan
06-16-2013, 12:11 PM
It's a dry filter. No oil is ever used on it.

I'm pretty sure both bottles are a cleaning agent. Definitely retread the instructions.

I would also be careful with how much air you "blast" into the filter. You don't want to blow any holes in it.

sudz
06-16-2013, 04:40 PM
So I jack up the car, took the wheel off and removed the splash guard. as I was removing the filter... I noticed the rubber components were pretty much rotten and disintegrating.

new filter for me!

2.5 inch Intake, 6 1/2 inch long max.

Next question is: "Mazdaspeed" AEM, K&N, etc... whats the longest lasting/best bang for buck?

sudz
06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
So I called Budds mazda and the Filter is now 54 bucks+ tax. And its not washable according to the parts lady.

Looking at K&N replacement - Does anyone have these with the Mazdaspeed Intake? Any idea which model?

I did a few measurements:

Intake Pipe is 2.5 inches
Length (from clamp to top of filter is 6.5ish inches
Length of the filter is about 5 inches
Width is about 5.5 inches across. (so 2.75 inch radius?)

So far I'm thinking this is the one that will fit best?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=RC-9800

I guess it doesn't have to be an exact fit, as long as it fits within the splash shield and on the 2.5 inch pipe... but i'd like it as close as possible naturally.

Was also thinking this one as well:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=RX-4950

May be a bit of a step up.

cwp_sedan
06-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Meh, I always just replace it with the Mazda one since we get 20% off at MOT.

I would go with an AEM replacement unless you can spec out the right size. That splash shield is only so forgiving in terms of fitment.

Just make sure you use a dry filter and not an oiled filter.

sudz
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
The parts lady at Budds said it wasn't cleanable though. Only the one that comes with the CAI kit was cleanable.

54 bucks + Tax for a one shot filter?

cwp_sedan
06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
The parts lady at Budds said it wasn't cleanable though. Only the one that comes with the CAI kit was cleanable.

54 bucks + Tax for a one shot filter?

Huh!? The MS Accessory filter is certainly cleanable so I have no idea what she is talking about. I don't know if they sell the cleaning kits anymore though.

I myself never clean it though. I never truly believe that those cloth filters are as efficient cleaned as they are when they are new.

Yeah. so? I suppose I waste some money but I have never cleaned filters. Even when I bought some older Ractive ones for my previous car that could have been cleaned I still didn't.

54+tax is too much. They should be under $50 all-in. Buds doesn't give discounts anymore because they don't want to support TM3. That's their decision and that's fine. I would suggest you buy the filter elsewhere if you do. If not go aftermarket and see if you can get something that fits.

sudz
06-17-2013, 01:32 PM
oh ok. if its cleanable than 54 dollars doesn't seem that bad.

I'll try and hit up a sponsor/dealership. Oakville ah QEW, ah Budds is just convienient for me as its on my way to/from work (mississauga/Oakville border) to home (in hamilton/ancaster border)

Thanks CWP!