PDA

View Full Version : wiper replacement front and rear

gramps
11-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I understand this was a big topic, but i have not seen a post on this in over 2 years, and I was interested in current parts.

Does anyone know a good replacement for the front wipers?

Are there any alternatives to the rear 13"? Is it possible to go slightly larger to fit if replacements cant be found?

Where can these items be purchased?

thanks

bluntman
11-16-2007, 06:38 PM
I like the Michelin blades that are available at Costco.

I don't think the rear blade can be replaced, just the rubber.

gramps
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
i called gyro mazda, and apparently they have the new flex type wiper blades.
I was given the option of intalled either the old oem or the new style. Has anyone had these intalled? any feedback on quality?

thanks

Iturralde
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
gramps,

Just out of curiosity how much are the wipes?

bluntman how much are the ones at Costco?

Just wondering because if there is a huge price difference than it may be better to get the less expensive one.

X

bluntman
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
IIRC, the wipers were around $13 each.

CopperRouGe
11-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I have the Michelin blades and they work very well. For $13 you can't go wrong.

gramps
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
the flexible wipers at gyro turned out to be the bosch wipers. this info was not mentioned in the phone call.

none the less, the bosch wipers were 22.95 for the 18" passenger side and 25.95 for the 21" driver side. totaling $48.90!. and $10.25 for the rear. There was no alternative i could find for the rear.

They seemed to work ok in the snow for the one hour i used them, until a snow plow totaled by left rear door one hour later, as he was going backwards on a one way street, while looking at the perly's mapbook while driving!. Anyway, i'm not going to rant about this. The situation speaks for itself.

Lesson learned, Safety First. get your snow tires put on, a good set of wipers and washer fluid for the winter. However with every precaution, only you cannot prevent stupidity
-gramps

GTS
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Check out this link. I don't think I could ever go back to convential metal blades.

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/valeo/ultimate.jsp

garboui
12-04-2007, 05:59 PM

+1 on the Michelin blades at costco. ive had a set on for 2 years now and they have been nothing but awesome. just as new they still completely dry the glass, never leave streaks, and never squeeks, chatters or make any noise at all.

3Remix
12-13-2007, 01:57 AM
i think Canadian tire is having a sale on a few pairs.. last week when i was in the auto isle

RX9
01-16-2008, 01:09 AM
i am getting the euro type wiper (VW, beamers kind) for our car, never saw them on 3's b4. i gonna give a try, those build in wind deflector should help a little on high speed, and seller said the ruber are bosch made? ( they dont make ruber, do they) sounds good, but pricy.

jaM3ican
01-16-2008, 01:19 AM

+1

I have hav my wipers for about six months and no complaints. I also use RainX. With RainX u almost never need to use wipers unless a passing car splashes you.

Tip::: I usually lift my wipers when i know that it is going to snow/freezing rain to prevent them from freezing to the windsheild or pushing heavy snow to prevent damaging them or the motor