PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Auto Market - Kitchener

Walrus
11-24-2007, 07:44 AM
DO NOT GO HERE!

Took my other vehicle, 2006 Nissan Xterra, to Ontario Auto Market on Victoria in Kitchener to have 4 tires installed that I bought off Kijiji.

1. Took 2 hours 5:15pm - 7:15pm
2. Tire pressures 33, 39, 41, 49
3. Came in with aluminum valve stem caps that match the rims (stock), came out with 2 of the original caps, 1 black one, and one rim with no cap.
4. One rim has 2 big scratches.
5. Another rim has a big scratch, ending in a nice deep gouge right through the paint to bare aluminum.. I'm talking the size of a dime.

I'm surprised they didn't f up the TPMS sensors in the rims. Oh yeah, I haven't even checked the torque on the bolts yet.

I'll be paying them a nice visit this morning. It was too dark last night to see this shit, and I was late for dinner reservations.

Walrus
11-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Just got back. They offered to get the gouged rim refinished at The Rim Doctor. The other rim will buff out.

I just said give me my money back - $100. More expensive due to the TPMS, they have to make sure they don't hit the sensors. So they gave me cash, and ordered me new valve caps, they are special ones with a rubber seal inside.

In the spring I was thinking of painting the rims myself anyways, gunmetal to match the color of the truck.

S.F.W.
11-24-2007, 10:16 AM
at least they were willing to provide a solution.

bubba1983
11-24-2007, 02:55 PM
i havn'tbeen to the rim doctor myself personally, but ive heard some shady things about that place
do u live locall walrus?

thanks for the heads up about the OAM, i had been thinkin abotu that palce recently for some stuff

Walrus
11-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Waterloo.

bubba1983
11-25-2007, 10:15 AM
ahhhh right on......another member to the far far wesside
if your lookin for meets, there are tuesday TOP meets on fairway road every now and then

3GFX
11-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow, I've never been to the OAM but I definitly won't go there now. I always try and stick around the shop when anyone does anything and I even try to get into the back to watch. Both out of interest and security.

I'm glad they offered a solution, its a shame they didn't prevent the problem in the first place. I don't think there are many good prices shop to do anything here in the KDub (unless you know someone in the shop). I stick to getting my work done in TO. Even with the drive its still cheaper with the same service.

Fuman
11-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up man!
We appreciate it.

bubba1983
11-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow, I've never been to the OAM but I definitly won't go there now. I always try and stick around the shop when anyone does anything and I even try to get into the back to watch. Both out of interest and security.

I'm glad they offered a solution, its a shame they didn't prevent the problem in the first place. I don't think there are many good prices shop to do anything here in the KDub (unless you know someone in the shop). I stick to getting my work done in TO. Even with the drive its still cheaper with the same service.

+1, this region i live in is soo expensive when it coems to automotive stuff....
when i went getting quotes for my suspension removal, it was absolutely insanely expensive, so i just had to suck it up and do it in teh driveway (cold day i did it in too)

anyways yeah, good advice for us far far wessiders