PDA

View Full Version : Remote trunk release

ottawajoe
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Selective Sound is installing remote trunk release when they install my remote start. The install includes a Compustar unit(one way,5000'), bypass module, and remote trunk release for $400.00 + tax(installed). It was hard to find a place that could do the install. He said he's intalled them many times.

Cardinal Fang
11-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Wish we had one for the hatch.

Xerox
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
^^ Really? You want it to fully open automatically like on mini-vans/suv?

cwp_sedan
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Installing a trunk release is easy with an aftermarket alarm. All you need is a popper, output from the alarm, relay, power and ground.

We need one set up for a stock setup. The ghetto rigged one that uses the door switch is just not good enough imo.

M3!
11-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Hopefully it works out well for you, I have a friend who also does custom installs but does not recommend the trunk release, as it may not work 100% of the time, from what I have heard they have to install a motor and it is not fully reliable, but for $400 go for it.

cwp_sedan
11-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Hopefully it works out well for you, I have a friend who also does custom installs but does not recommend the trunk release, as it may not work 100% of the time, from what I have heard they have to install a motor and it is not fully reliable, but for $400 go for it.

+1 on the popper. But I agree, I would go for it to if they offered it for a good price. Otherwise I would do it myself.

selective sound
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
As long as the solenoid is installed properly there should be no problems with it, we have installed many of these with no issues.

WildEmu
12-01-2007, 01:28 PM
As long as the solenoid is installed properly there should be no problems with it, we have installed many of these with no issues.

Is it possible to make the trunk release work with the button on the flip key? If it's possible, I definitely want to get this done!

cwp_sedan
12-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Is it possible to make the trunk release work with the button on the flip key? If it's possible, I definitely want to get this done!

No it's not possible to make it work with the "trunk release" button. It is possible to get it to work with a factory setup but there are some set backs with doing it this way. The solenoid needs to be wired up to the lock button. So there is a chance you could pop your trunk while driving...

3GFX
12-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I just wish the sedans were the same as some of the Euro models. The keyhole doubles as a push button trunk release. Even that would be handy.

cwp_sedan
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I just wish the sedans were the same as some of the Euro models. The keyhole doubles as a push button trunk release. Even that would be handy.

Yeah...personally I hate having to put the key in to open it. I'm surprised that Mazda didn't go the electronic release route.

3GFX
12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
money saved i guess.

cwp_sedan
12-01-2007, 04:07 PM
money saved i guess.

Yep...

Though, they could have made it an accessory! :P

I mean everything else is...lol

Iturralde
12-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I heard that the Auto Trunk Release may freeze up in the winter, not sure if this is true....

X

cwp_sedan
12-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I heard that the Auto Trunk Release may freeze up in the winter, not sure if this is true....

X

Depends on the quality of the solenoid I guess. I hooked one up on my last car and had no problems what so ever. So I guess it all depends.

EvilDeadFan
12-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I really hate having to physically touch the large easily accessible hatch release on my hatch. GOD! Everybody hates me!!

3GFX
12-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Of course you need a handle to crack open that huge a**. :chuckle

cwp_sedan
12-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Of course you need a handle to crack open that huge a**. :chuckle

:chuckle