PDA

View Full Version : Touchless Wash & Hood Deflector

dumpbear
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Allo,

Have any of you with a dealer installed hood deflector run your 3 through a touchless car wash?

I was wondering how the pressured water jets and/or blowers affect the hood protector. I have a nice touchless car wash nearby and I'd like to run the 3 through it, but don't want the hood protector coming off or breaking. :bang

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Jeff-TheBiz
01-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I think it should be okay, but I don't have any experience with it.

Just make sure that the clear rubber little half balls that protect your hood from damage are actually attached to the hood and not the deflector.

Broli will tell you why.

Flagrum_3
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I've got the Reflector and have gone thru many many touchless washes and can say absolutely you'll have no problems...just take TheBiz's advice and make sure its been installed correctly.

_3

Fuman
01-08-2008, 01:47 PM
i've done both touch and touchless, no problems

dumpbear
01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Sweet! Thanks all.

I sure do have the little rubber bubbles so I'm guessing I'll be okay.

I'll let you know how it goes in a few hours after she is all said and done...

Kevin@nextmod
01-08-2008, 02:02 PM
If you're at an Esso car wash, theres a button for you to press after you entered the code. That buttons for if you have the bug deflector.

Jeff-TheBiz
01-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Just make sure they are not stuck to the defector, but rather stuck to the hood itself.

If it is the other way around, you will damage your hood

dumpbear
01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh snap! Thanks TW FG2. I will be going to an Esso (closest touchless) so I'll look for that button.

My bubbles ARE stuck to the hood as I made sure of it when taking delivery (thanks to info from this board). Thanks again!

dumpbear
01-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm guessing the warning they post against running a hood deflector through the touchless wash is for older ones that have become brittle with exposure to UV rays over many years. I could see the pressured H20 not only ripping it off, but cracking it where it isn't supported if it has gone all brittle like...

Broli
01-08-2008, 02:59 PM
never had any problems with the hood defelector and car washes

but yep the dealership installed mine incorrectly and i didn't think to check it, in fact it was 1.5 years later when i noticed!

farking ontario mazda!

lol

bubba1983
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
3 years running abug deflector, never had a problem!!!

dumpbear
01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
3 years running abug deflector, never had a problem!!!

Sweet...:bana2

bubba1983
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
..till i accidently cracked it....myself...d'oh hahah

dumpbear
01-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Just got back from the touchless/rail-less Esso on Lakeshore at Carlaw and no problemo! (excepct for the few small patches of dirt still left on my car - arg!)

There wasn't a button for hood deflector though, but I didn't have any problems so all is well.

Thanks for the help!

Kevin@nextmod
01-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Just got back from the touchless/rail-less Esso on Lakeshore at Carlaw and no problemo! (excepct for the few small patches of dirt still left on my car - arg!)

There wasn't a button for hood deflector though, but I didn't have any problems so all is well.

Thanks for the help!
Than i guess it varies from each esso.