PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Good Deal on Maintenance Package?

lamerking
01-12-2008, 12:07 PM
My local Mazda dealership here in Windsor is offering a discount on their maintenance packages. They claim its the full package. It includes:

-41 point inspection
-tire rotation
-oil lube & filter

The deal is "Buy 5 for $199.95". They say it would normally cost $349.95 so you would be saving about $150.00.

I'm not sure how much they normally cost but this deal is $40 each. Is this a good deal?

PS- I have winter tires, would they rotate those? I only had them on for only 1.5 months.

Kevin@nextmod
01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
oil lube and filter? thats oil change right? if it is.....its a deal...a normal oil change at the dealer is $45 each. So if you do the math, the oil change itself is worth it.

Jeff-TheBiz
01-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Just make sure you use these at the 8, 16, 32, 40 and 56

As the annuals often recommend more preventive maintenance than a base oil change.

lamerking
01-12-2008, 02:01 PM
oil lube and filter? thats oil change right? if it is.....its a deal...a normal oil change at the dealer is $45 each. So if you do the math, the oil change itself is worth it.

Really, their $45 each?

Just make sure you use these at the 8, 16, 32, 40 and 56

As the annuals often recommend more preventive maintenance than a base oil change.

Jeff I did my 4K oil and filter change at Canadian tire a little while back because I bought my winter tires there and ended up waiting there 9-5 (aka 8hrs) and they gave me a free oil change so I took it. I got a letter from MoT to call your service dept for normal routine maintenence which includes lubrication, oil & filter change and multi point inspection. Is that the same package as the one I mentioned in the first post? Your telling me I don't need it till 8k? I'm at 5.6K right now.

Also, what should I do to inform Mazda that I did do a first oil change?

Jeff-TheBiz
01-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Jeff I did my 4K oil and filter change at Canadian tire a little while back because I bought my winter tires there and ended up waiting there 9-5 (aka 8hrs) and they gave me a free oil change so I took it.

I don't know many that would take a free oil change from Canadian Tire.. even if it were free.. Please check your bill to make sure they used the right oil (IIRC Mazda recommends semi-synthetic) and double check your driveway for oil drips.. common problem of craking the plastic on the filter casing.

I got a letter from MoT to call your service dept for normal routine maintenence which includes lubrication, oil & filter change and multi point inspection. Is that the same package as the one I mentioned in the first post? Your telling me I don't need it till 8k? I'm at 5.6K right now.

They send out reminders all the time.. Not sure if it is the same package as you described, I am sure Flippy will be along to confirm..

Also, what should I do to inform Mazda that I did do a first oil change?

Just keep your receipt in case you ever have a large warranty claim.