PDA

View Full Version : Engine light and Hesitation

Makeit
01-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey Guys,
Sort of new around here as I havent had the car long and as you can see havent posted much.. but I will now...
Anyway, I got a MS3 and all I have done is installed a Injen intake on the car, I have had the recalls done on the vehicle. What I have been getting is a fuel cut off when Im at WOT over 3000 RPM... (1 out of every 6 times) it is terrible as you can imagine. I got an engine light and took it to the dealer and $100 later (not going back to that dealer) they told me it a Mass Air flow sensor, but because I put the intake on car it voids the warranty.. They said put it back to stock and bring it back....
Anybody had this problem? Any info would be great...
Thanks...
T

eqlso
01-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Not sure how the wires are on the MS3, but make sure there's enough slack on the wires connecting to the MAF.

MPS
01-13-2008, 11:35 AM
$250 i can fix it

RX9
01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey Guys,
Sort of new around here as I havent had the car long and as you can see havent posted much.. but I will now...
Anyway, I got a MS3 and all I have done is installed a Injen intake on the car, I have had the recalls done on the vehicle. What I have been getting is a fuel cut off when Im at WOT over 3000 RPM... (1 out of every 6 times) it is terrible as you can imagine. I got an engine light and took it to the dealer and $100 later (not going back to that dealer) they told me it a Mass Air flow sensor, but because I put the intake on car it voids the warranty.. They said put it back to stock and bring it back....
Anybody had this problem? Any info would be great...
Thanks...
T

thats comm problem with some AM CAI. thats MAF problem. did u ever clean the filter? anyway, for speed3 its easy to put OEM back for service.

MPS
01-13-2008, 11:40 AM
it has nothing to do with CAI or MAF

RX9
01-13-2008, 11:43 AM
$250 i can fix it

lol....go away money maker.:chuckle

RX9
01-13-2008, 11:46 AM
it has nothing to do with CAI or MAF

whatz that problem, plz PM me. i may have CEL later.

MPS
01-13-2008, 11:48 AM
if im going to take my time to fix a car i wan't to get paid for it
i fixed this problem on 4 MS3 and 1 MS6

lol....go away money maker.:chuckle

RX9
01-13-2008, 11:52 AM
any discount for me then?

MPS
01-13-2008, 11:56 AM
i don't think you will have that problem

Makeit
01-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Its not that easy to put the stock intake back on... takes some time in this temp...

What do I get for $250.. other then no hesitation... I have to get this fixed, I havent driving the car much due to this problem...

Thanks...

MPS
01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
you get ur fuel cut fixed and keep ur CAI if you want
but ur CAI is not the problem

Makeit
01-13-2008, 12:13 PM
so what you are saying is that is a problem with the car... and if I put it back to stock I will get the same problem..

See I put the CAI on after about 1000km of driving and only have 6 on it now.... so it might have happened, but I never really got into it, when I first got it...

RX9
01-13-2008, 12:17 PM
hey, Makeit. MPS is really good on mod, and easy going guy as well, always been a friend at the end. lol.... good luck with ur CEL.

MPS
01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
yes even you take off ur CAI you will still get fuel cuts

so what you are saying is that is a problem with the car... and if I put it back to stock I will get the same problem..

See I put the CAI on after about 1000km of driving and only have 6 on it now.... so it might have happened, but I never really got into it, when I first got it...

Makeit
01-13-2008, 12:36 PM
so I guess it is fuel cut off.. and a lot of people are getting this, I am learning...

What ever you do I guess is just to cure this problem, any other advantages.. and is it permanent fix...

RX9
01-13-2008, 12:38 PM
so I guess it is fuel cut off.. and a lot of people are getting this, I am learning...

What ever you do I guess is just to cure this problem, any other advantages.. and is it permanent fix...

if u still under warranty, put ur stock back and let dealer do it. if not, thats the cure upstair.

07Speedfreak
01-13-2008, 12:42 PM
http://www.cp-e.com/imgs/wfcf.pdf

Read ALL of it

MPS
01-13-2008, 12:43 PM
yes its permanent fix im not adding any mods to ur car im just fixing what the manufacture messed up on

and its not the first time they mess this car up

MPS
01-13-2008, 12:43 PM
and thats not it

http://www.cp-e.com/imgs/wfcf.pdf

Makeit
01-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I really dont want to spent $250 on a something I didn't cause... but I really don't want to pull the front bumper off again to put the stock intake in.. I will never put it back in... I know it!
this car is starting to disappointment me..

RX9
01-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I really dont want to spent $250 on a something I didn't cause... but I really don't want to pull the front bumper off again to put the stock intake in.. I will never put it back in... I know it!
this car is starting to disappointment me..

is that speed3? u don't need to pull bumper out for that. Regular3 does.

MPS
01-13-2008, 12:52 PM
even if you take the CAI off chances are dealer won't find ur problem
and send you on ur way home

read that CPE fix this may work but will give problems in the long run
it just kills the MAF and after some time the engine lite comes on
if you want to try the CPE way ur welcome to do that
if not come see me and ill have this taken care of with in 3 hours

MPS
01-13-2008, 12:53 PM
if you dont pull the bumper how are you going to get the filter you ?
unless you got a hoist

is that speed3? u don't need to pull bumper out for that. Regular3 does.

Unoriginalusername
01-13-2008, 01:01 PM
wonder why some cars get the problem and others don't seem to (yet)... anyways vlad i'll call you when its a problem for me

Makeit
01-13-2008, 01:01 PM
I read it.. it sounds like the same thing.. but I really don't want to do it.. Does the dealer have a fix..?
Not that I don't want MPS to fix it (thanks for all your input MPS).. I just can think of a ton of other things I can do with $250

RX9
01-13-2008, 01:13 PM
if you dont pull the bumper how are you going to get the filter you ?
unless you got a hoist

thats why i use SRI. lol... my bad, i thought speed doesn't need to pull bumper off.:blush

Unoriginalusername
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
thats why i use SRI. lol... my bad, i thought speed doesn't need to pull bumper off.:blush

well its harder to access but thats not to say the cai is the problem, my ms cai has never had a problem and if it did it is warranty approved so its mazda problem for any lights etc. :chuckle

MPS
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
dealer knows nothing about this
only reason i know its cuse im forced to work on my own car

I read it.. it sounds like the same thing.. but I really don't want to do it.. Does the dealer have a fix..?
Not that I don't want MPS to fix it (thanks for all your input MPS).. I just can think of a ton of other things I can do with $250

Makeit
01-13-2008, 01:17 PM
MPS = Vlad...
Hey Man, did you change your name....
Anyway, I don't want to do to be honest... I guess I have to come and see you to get this done.. there goes the exhaust money...

MPS
01-13-2008, 01:23 PM
well its exhaust or fuel cut that will lead to other problems

RX9
01-13-2008, 01:27 PM
"code P2006 intake manifold runner control piece not opening up enough. Causing not enough air to get into the motor and the ecu is noticing that there is not enough air causing the CEL, finaly cause fule cut. They had to enlarge the holes so it opened up more and cleared fault and no more problems to speak of at this point." just found somewhere. may help.:loco

Makeit
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I know.. Im I have to fix this problem before doing anymore to the car..

But it shouldnt be this difficult... or just get rid of this thing now and count my blessings... Sounds like this car is jsut going to be a pain in my ass...

Makeit
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
RX9- thanks for the information.. but I guess I will need to put the stock intake in and take back to the dealer and leave it with them till it is fixed...

RX9
01-13-2008, 01:40 PM
RX9- thanks for the information.. but I guess I will need to put the stock intake in and take back to the dealer and leave it with them till it is fixed...

np, happy to help. if still with warranty, i will put stock back and go back to dealer in no time.

WhiteSpeed3
01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
i'v got the injen intake never had any prob with it i guess im lucky

Makeit
01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
The car only have 6k and and I got it in September.. Put the stocker back in or the Mazdaspeed CAI (that is to have warranty included) and go from there....

Makeit
01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Anybody have a contact at a dealer or tech that will test the car with the Injen to repair it.. without having to take the unit off.... Im in the industry, but I don't work for Mazda, and never had a problem with my Miata for the 4 years I had with adding boost..
That is why this car is just buggin me so much

MPS
01-13-2008, 01:48 PM
and for the last time thats not it :)

"code P2006 intake manifold runner control piece not opening up enough. Causing not enough air to get into the motor and the ecu is noticing that there is not enough air causing the CEL, finaly cause fule cut. They had to enlarge the holes so it opened up more and cleared fault and no more problems to speak of at this point." just found somewhere. may help.:loco

RX9
01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
vlad, how can i cause this problem, i will do it for CEL then let u fix for me, i really want to know, u r killing me, man.:bang