PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump U/G & WHP

REZXPERT
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
when do you think a f/p upgrade is a good idea? i'm hearing it's the smart thing to do prior to any kind of mod'ing ..... others say holding off till ur closin in on 320WHP as our stock pumps can handle it.

that aside, 'the mods stop here' after COBB Accessport & SRI. 340..350WHP on our stock turbo is the max, IMO :chuckle

Unoriginalusername
01-14-2008, 05:46 PM
when do you think a f/p upgrade is a good idea? i'm hearing it's the smart thing to do prior to any kind of mod'ing ..... others say holding off till ur closin in on 320WHP as our stock pumps can handle it.

that aside, 'the mods stop here' after COBB Accessport & SRI. 340..350WHP on our stock turbo is the max, IMO :chuckle

cobb says they haven't hit the threshold for one yet and things like timing, throttle plate, and waste gate control parameters just needed to be re-worked to work with the mods and not replace the FP.

Given this AND you'd need a custom tune for the FP (tunning software won't be until later this year) i wouldn't be in a rush to get one. it doesn't have proven gains... laloosh has posted some numbers but loves PG and hates cpe. haven't seen a dyno let alone more then one to prove it does anything for power