PDA

View Full Version : Tuners Against Street Racing 2008, July 13, 2008 - Mark your calendars.

msequence
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Hello everyone, first of all I would like to thank Toronto Mazda3 and the Mazda enthusiast community for their support in our cause.

http://www.tunersagainststreetracing.com/

Our 2007 Charity Event was a huge, unexpected success and we are doing it again in 2008. The purpose is to build on our 2007 event, and spread even more awareness, as well further showcase automotive enthusiasts, and Tuners as responsible individuals making a difference in their communities, as opposed to what the media may sometimes portray. This is also a call out to anyone who has links in media to get them to come out and see for themselves what Tuners and Youth Automotive enthusiasts are really doing and how they support their communities and Charity. Here are details:

http://ca.geocities.com/tasr.registrations@rogers.com/2008_flyer.jpg.jpg

We have not posted a link for online registrations yet as this is being done, but the date is set in stone July13, which is a Sunday. Many people requested Sunday as they were unable to make it last year so we listened. This year’s show should have more Educational aspects already building on our seminars in 2007, more race driving school re-, More Entertainment etc. Our main focus for 2008 is raising the most money possible for Big Brothers and Big sisters which is the charity that works with us and we chose to support for our events. We also invite anyone to come out and get involved with our cause and with Big Brothers and Big sisters as they are in need of Youth Male role models to shape our future society through positive guidance and impact.

More info soon.

Get ready for 2008.

Matt

p-o-g-i
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I just wanted to follow up to Matthew's message here as I feel that TASR is a great concept and am looking forward to it. I have been in contact with Matthew from International Allstars and offered to assist with the organization.

As such, we thought it would be a good idea to have TM3 enter as a club.
Now I know what most of you are thinking......
- why should I?
- what's in it for me?
- how much would it be to enter?
- my ride is not "tricked out" enough.....

This charity event is for a great cause and it would be good to not only attend, but enter as a club and do something together. Individual awards are nice.... but who knows with the kind of turnout we could get.... biggest/ baddest club?!?!?! hahaha... but seriously, it's not always about awards let along individual awards.

Things right now are at the preliminary stages, but I can tell you that the entrance fee is about $10 per car (minimum 5 cars). You will also get a gift bag with donations from some of the sponsors.

I know that this event is still a couple of months away....if you are interested, please contact me as I will be assisting from the organizational stand point.....

Thanks.

S.F.W.
03-19-2008, 09:22 PM
count me in. I won't win any awards, but helping TM3 roll as a team, and for charity, I love both.

Broli
03-19-2008, 10:10 PM
ditto

this is a great event and a great oppurtunity for TM3.

i hope that we can put together a decent turnout!!!

S.F.W.
03-19-2008, 10:43 PM
let's set a target, 20 cars? 25 Cars ?

-RJ3-
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
If the ride is ready sure!!!!

BTW... this event should be a notice to cops... if they see us there they dont hassle us at woodbridge :)

midnightfxgt
03-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Was a great time, and a great cause last year! I would be all over this, except I will be on my honeymoon.

dentinger
03-20-2008, 12:32 AM
im in!!

S.F.W.
03-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Roll Call

1. P-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger

mleblond
03-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Limited Spacing and Day of Registrations will be subject to available space. Last year we expected 30-50 vehicles, had approx 110 show up and register, we sent home about at least 50 more cars!!! As well its on a Sunday!!!

I wonder what the limit will be this year?

p-o-g-i
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys for your support. I'll be giving out more details as tehy come along......
In terms of the limit this year, they are looking to increase the # from last year as they had to turn away 100+ cars. They really didn't expect there to be that kind of overwhelming response.

RallyPlaya
03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
1. P-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya

Sounds like a real cool event ..... and the money is for charity so thats even better

midnightfxgt
03-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Get in touch with Matt soon guys. Its at JRP, and their wasnt a ton of space leftover is I recall correctly.

p-o-g-i
03-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Get in touch with Matt soon guys. Its at JRP, and their wasnt a ton of space leftover is I recall correctly.

I just spoke to Matt yesterday.
THere is a meeting scheduled for next week on Tuesday.
There is talks of adding more space by taking advantage of all the surrounding grass area. I know that there is some really tall grass at the moment, but the plan is to have it all cut in time for the show.... which still isn't for another few months.

I guess it would help for the snow to melt first... hahaha.

msequence
03-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I just spoke to Matt yesterday.
THere is a meeting scheduled for next week on Tuesday.
There is talks of adding more space by taking advantage of all the surrounding grass area. I know that there is some really tall grass at the moment, but the plan is to have it all cut in time for the show.... which still isn't for another few months.

I guess it would help for the snow to melt first... hahaha.

Wow I must commend POGI, good job man for getting things going over here. Thank you for your support, I am confident we can host 150-200 cars this year. We had Toronto Mazda 6 come out last year with approx 7 cars, once registrations start on May 10th get your show team together and lets get you there and rep the club. Take this opportunity as well to promote the club by your presence and let everyone know that you guys exist. I recommend bring the best vehicles you guys have to show the moded side of things and most representative of what you guys are all about. Those who dont feel their car is up to par, can always come and spectate and the fee for that is any donation to Big brothers big sisters ;) I will work with POGI as things develop. Thank you.

Matt

msequence
03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
So far as update
1. Venu and Time is set 100% ( hope it doesnt rain - if it does show will go provided there isnt a thunderstorm)
2. Website with updates is posted - www.tunersagainststreetracing.com
3. Entertainment is set
4. Registrations will begin shortly.

Thank you.

MAZDA Kitten
03-21-2008, 01:26 AM
in

p-o-g-i
03-21-2008, 09:43 AM
1. P-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten

p-o-g-i
04-17-2008, 09:45 AM
At this point, vounteers are being recruited for the following positions:
Day Before:
- help with set up
- stuff goodie bags

Day of the Event:
- door keeper ( greet people as they come in and ask for donations to BBBS of Peel) (i am also happy to say that this year participants will pay the registration fee online)
- traffic controler - control traffic at roll in and roll out.
- registration Table - once cars are parket participants will check in and pick up goodie bag
- games - we are having a draw 50/50, we need people to sell tickets, also anyone who wants to get up on the stage and play games with participants are welcomed.
- tear down and clean up after the event

If you are interested in volunteering, please PM me or contact directly through the following........

celina@teamallstars.ca
matt@teamallstars.ca
We will provide a thank you letter for volunteering and some other surprises :)

MSMitch
04-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I may be in Vancouver visiting a brand new niece - but otherwise, would love to come out!!

1. P-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten
8. MSMitch

msequence
04-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Thanks PoGI... any help with setup is much appreciated, there is always lots to do.

Matt

alhope34
04-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Might be on vacation, but I'll see.

1. P-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten
8. MSMitch

p-o-g-i
04-22-2008, 04:35 PM
1. p-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten
8. MSMitch
9. alhope34
10. Mazda-Baaa

Mazda-Baaa>>> Justin, I'm adding your name if you like it or not. I know you're too busy playing golf to log in here anymore... hahah. You can't use that I'm going away on vacation crap.... cause I'll just enter your car for you... hahah. Ride looks sweet man!!! Just let me know when you get tired of the CF hood :)

openuser
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
1. p-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten
8. MSMitch
9. alhope34
10. Mazda-Baaa
11. openuser

msequence
05-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Noted :) Registrations will begin within a week. Will keep you guys posted.

Mattski

msequence
05-11-2008, 02:21 PM
T.A.S.R Registrations have begun.
May 11th, 2008
The 2008 T.A.S.R Registrations have begun.

The registrations for T.A.S.R (Tuners Against Street Racing 2008) have begun. Registration is $15 individual to compete in the show shine, 5 or more cars $10 per car. Its in July 13, 2008 @ JRP, limited space available due to location constraints. Spectators entry fee is a donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters($2.00 minimum)

Please email registration details to matt@teamallstars.ca and questions about registrations:

1. Your Name
2. Club Affiliation (5 or more members get discount ie. $10 per car)
3. Car Spec Sheet including Make Model Mods etc.
4. Picture of the vehicle ( max 500KB)

A link will be provided for online PayPal Payments or other payment options. Please register first before you pay.

Disclaimer: due to space limitations some entries and late entries for show shine competition may be rejected, however we invite everyone to participate as a spectator. Limited spacing available therefore we encourage you to register early so you don’t miss out if you would like to compete in the show and shine competition.

p-o-g-i
05-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks Matt for the update.

I will be contacting everyone on the below list who has shown interest in entering as part of the TM3 Club:

1. p-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten
8. MSMitch
9. alhope34
10. Mazda-Baaa
11. openuser

If there is anyone else who is interested in joining as part of TM3 for this show, please PM me.......

Thanks.

msequence
05-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks Matt for the update.

I will be contacting everyone on the below list who has shown interest in entering as part of the TM3 Club:

1. p-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten
8. MSMitch
9. alhope34
10. Mazda-Baaa
11. openuser

If there is anyone else who is interested in joining as part of TM3 for this show, please PM me.......

Thanks.

Yeah dont let TO protege kick your behinds.. as they have started to reg.. I am shooting for TM3 and TOprotege to go head to head for best club as those are the biggest authorities of MAZDA enthusiasts in TO.:bana2

Matt

p-o-g-i
05-13-2008, 04:09 PM
all PM's sent out regarding registratioin....

please get back to me as soon as possible.....

thanks.

alhope34
05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
1. p-o-g-i
2. S.F.W.
3. Broli
4. RJ3
5. Dentinger
6. RallyPlaya
7. MAZDA Kitten
8. MSMitch
10. Mazda-Baaa
11. openuser

I took myself out before, as I can't make that date anymore. I don't know who or why someone added me back in. Sorry for the mix up.

msequence
05-14-2008, 12:17 AM
:) got a registration ypuee!!!

p-o-g-i
05-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Fantastic!!! I have 4 cars so far who have sent me there registry for the show. Although I have not received all the responses yet from the PM's I sent out, please PM me the following info if would like to show with TM3:

1. Your Name
2. Car Spec Sheet including Make Model Mods etc.
3. Picture of the vehicle ( max 500KB)

Thanks..............

S.F.W.
05-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Fantastic!!! I have 4 cars so far who have sent me there registry for the show. Although I have not received all the responses yet from the PM's I sent out, please PM me the following info if would like to show with TM3:

1. Your Name
2. Car Spec Sheet including Make Model Mods etc.
3. Picture of the vehicle ( max 500KB)

Thanks..............

Who has confirmed so far?

p-o-g-i
05-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Who has confirmed so far?

in are p-o-g-i, S.F.W., RallyPlaya, -RJ3-
MSMitch is working on the timing....
alhope is out....
everyone else has not responded yet to the PM, and no others have shown interest. I'm looking to run a team of 5-8.....

msequence
05-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I think for club registrations, ie vehicle sepecific (TO protege, Mazda 6, Toronto Civics, Toronto Mazda3... neon canada etc.)we will not be too picky on mods(only way we can consume space), as i think for those forums its about club representation, so the more repping your club the better :)

Matt

msequence
05-15-2008, 09:34 AM
I think for club registrations, ie vehicle sepecific (TO protege, Mazda 6, Toronto Civics, Toronto Mazda3... neon canada etc.)we will not be too picky on mods(only way we can consume space), as i think for those forums its about club representation, so the more repping your club the better :)
Matt

Naturally people who dont feel their car is show worthy have an option but are not discriminated if they want to enter their car to support their club.

S.F.W.
05-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Naturally people who dont feel their car is show worthy have an option but are not discriminated if they want to enter their car to support their club.

yep, I have no delusions of winning anything individually, I'm attending to support the cause, and represent TM3.

msequence
05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Winning or not, the show is good times, and its not expensive.... :)TM3 will have a good showing :) Good job guys/gals

p-o-g-i
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
yep, I have no delusions of winning anything individually, I'm attending to support the cause, and represent TM3.

+1
:bana2

..... and get some freebies... hehe

msequence
05-15-2008, 10:43 AM
+1
:bana2

..... and get some freebies... hehe

Well you are volunteering POGI so u get a free lunch and refreshments hehe !!!

hehe

p-o-g-i
05-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Well you are volunteering POGI so u get a free lunch and refreshments hehe !!!

hehe

Woo- hoo!!!!!

BTW, we now have 5 registrants!!!!
I will try and see if Team/ Club t- shirts are feasible for this show........

msequence
05-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Woo- hoo!!!!!

BTW, we now have 5 registrants!!!!
I will try and see if Team/ Club t- shirts are feasible for this show........
To protege is beating you guys.. hehe

midnightfxgt
05-16-2008, 08:46 AM
If I wasnt on my honeymoon I would be all over this! Maybe I'll just cancel it ;)

naww... heheh. Good times last year though!

p-o-g-i
05-16-2008, 09:19 AM
To protege is beating you guys.. hehe

Nah man... that's not cool :flaming

C'mon guys/ gals... send me your registries... the more the merrier!!!!!!

msequence
05-16-2008, 12:14 PM
If I wasnt on my honeymoon I would be all over this! Maybe I'll just cancel it ;)

naww... heheh. Good times last year though!

why would you cancel a honeymoon? lol Your wife would kill you.

repeat after me.

JOHN GOOD = ALIVE
JOHN BAD = DEAD

good wifey wifey..

lol

midnightfxgt
05-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah... as much fun as the show was, 2 weeks away on a beach is a lil nicer ;)

msequence
05-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah... as much fun as the show was, 2 weeks away on a beach is a lil nicer ;)

Wait two weeks on the beach? Lucky bugger!!!

FONZ
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I want in! Am I too late? Pogi care to send me the info regarding this event.

p-o-g-i
05-17-2008, 07:54 PM
I want in! Am I too late? Pogi care to send me the info regarding this event.

I responded to your PM with the info I need from you.

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!! :bana

p-o-g-i
05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Here are the current registrants:

1. P-O-G-I
2. S.F.W. (car pic not received yet)
3. RallyPlaya
4. -RJ3-
5. MSMitch
6. alhope3
7. FONZ (car pic not received yet)

midnightfxgt> That's too bad that you won't be able to join us, but I'm sure you'll have a great time on your honeymoon!!!!!

msequence
05-20-2008, 09:40 AM
I need a vacationmoon myself hehe

MSMitch
06-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Seven, SEVEN, that's it? C'mon, where's the committment here - I've got a MS3 with a CAI, not really what I'd call earth-shattering mods, but it's for a very good cause. Heck, we get more than 12 people, I'll bring donuts...and I'm generally a real cheapskate!!! Ooops, just fell off my soap box, g-night!:chuckle
...mmmmmm donuts......

alhope34
06-02-2008, 11:14 PM
haha, I told my mom about this event and she's forcing my dad to take her so she can see my car there.

-RJ3-
06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Mike... I'm out for this one. Mike check your PM.

Sorry guys.h

KenYork
06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
When is the last day to register. I won't be able to confirm till closer to the date, but I don't mind donating my entrance fee even if I don't show.

p-o-g-i
06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Mike... I'm out for this one. Mike check your PM.

Sorry guys.h

No worries. I got the PM you sent. Family always comes first so no worries.
I have taken you off the list :(

When is the last day to register. I won't be able to confirm till closer to the date, but I don't mind donating my entrance fee even if I don't show.

We're looking at firming up the registration by June 13, which is exactly 1 month prior to the event.....

Here is the updated list:

1. P-O-G-I
3. RallyPlaya
4. MSMitch
5. alhope3
6. FONZ (car pic not received yet)

msequence
06-05-2008, 10:46 AM
TO protege has around 12-15 registered so far ;)

RallyPlaya
06-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Im Excited for this event How Many Cars will there be in total aproximately ? a lot of my mods are not finished and the Car is half done but im there more for fun and charity.... and now i have a motice to clean my car for should be good times =)

bunchi
06-12-2008, 12:02 PM
how modded should a car be to be in this?

RallyPlaya
06-12-2008, 01:09 PM
how modded should a car be to be in this?

Mods dont mean anything im not going there to win any awards just give to charity and have fun..... hey Bunchi u should come ..... my car looks pretty stockish..:)

bunchi
06-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Mods dont mean anything im not going there to win any awards just give to charity and have fun..... hey Bunchi u should come ..... my car looks pretty stockish..:)

except for the rims, so's mine! :) am still waiting for confirmation for my in-laws, looks like they're flying in that day.

p-o-g-i
06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Minor mods... complete over haul.... doesn't matter. Just look at it as charity and a good time for all. I will be firming up the #'s this weekend, as I have to submit the final roster...

p-o-g-i
06-16-2008, 10:39 AM
So I'll be sumitting the final roster for the TM3 entry to TASR this Friday. As of right now, these are the entries I will be submitting:
1. P-O-G-I
3. RallyPlaya
4. MSMitch
5. alhope3
6. FONZ (car pic not received yet)

If anyone else wishes to join, please PM me ASAP. Include your phone # as well (I'll have to circle back and collect the phone #'s of the current registrants).

For info on this event, please read through this thread................

RallyPlaya
06-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Bump For More Peeps.... Cmon Guys Charity, Freebies Lets Rep TM3 to the Fullest we are getting outdone by TM6 and TOP

p-o-g-i
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm also working with mleblonde (our vinyl provider) on a Team TM3 decal for those registering for the show. It will be a decal for the windshield....

p-o-g-i
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
The decal would like something like this (thanks mleblonde):

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/mleblond/team-tm3.jpg

Any suggestions?

I know when this idea first came up, someone wanted the Team TorontoMazda3/ Team TM3 to have teh lettering simillar to the "TEAM" or "society" in my signature...... thoughts??

MSMitch
06-16-2008, 03:03 PM
The decal would like something like this (thanks mleblonde):

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/mleblond/team-tm3.jpg

Any suggestions?

I know when this idea first came up, someone wanted the Team TorontoMazda3/ Team TM3 to have teh lettering simillar to the "TEAM" or "society" in my signature...... thoughts??

I would suggest perhaps the "team" similar in lettering to the TM3 font, or something similar to your sig - although it is a bit "tricky" to read quickly - should be sharp, easy to recognize and read - but I'm cool with majority vote.
Now, C'MON - more people probably show up to last minute meets in the rain. Don't forget, I'll buy the donuts...:pop

mleblond
06-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I wonder if they would go to see the website. www.teamtorontomazda3.ca :chuckle

MSMitch
06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
I wonder if they would go to see the website. www.teamtorontomazda3.ca :chuckle

Good point!

Me = :loco

:)

S.F.W.
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
what about going with TorontoMazda3.ca on one line, and Show Team on a second centered line ?

mleblond
06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/mleblond/team-tm3-vs2.jpg

Maybe this is better?

RallyPlaya
06-16-2008, 03:49 PM
We Should Bring the Banner out too =)

S.F.W.
06-16-2008, 03:56 PM

will do.

p-o-g-i
06-16-2008, 09:48 PM
what about going with TorontoMazda3.ca on one line, and Show Team on a second centered line ?

There's an idea :)

Good call :)

-RJ3-
06-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Alot of car clubs have their own show cars to rep their club... Eg.

toprotege. I think theirs is also known as TOP "Show Team"

RallyPlaya
06-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Alot of car clubs have their own show cars to rep their club... Eg.

toprotege. I think theirs is also known as TOP "Show Team"

Yeah we should get more of our show cars and TM3 rides out im kinda embarrassed so far with our turnout where are all the regulars @.... and hahaha on a side note i thougt this show was on fathers day and i was trying to find cars in the area :blush

Lets Get Some More Cars Signed Up!!!!!! :)

p-o-g-i
06-17-2008, 11:42 AM
3 more days till I register our team.
$10 to enter... which includes car registration and "bag of goddies" from sponsors :)

p-o-g-i
06-18-2008, 02:35 PM
1. P-O-G-I
2. S.F.W.
3. RallyPlaya
4. MSMitch
5. alhope3
6. FONZ
7. KenYork

FONZ
06-19-2008, 12:52 AM
pm Sent.

p-o-g-i
06-19-2008, 04:45 PM
It looks like things are really heating up with the T.A.S.R as the date is getting closer.
Alot of entries coming in from clubs, teams, individuals, etc.
I need to put in our team by tomorrow (June 20) end of day. We have some registrants who are almost bone stock.... and that's fine. We're there to represent as a club, not individually.

This is a one day event for a really good cause. I want TM3 to represent!!!! As a club!!!! I don't care about any awards.... I just want to get the TM3 name out there. If you're on the fence about joining in, please do so as it is a charitable event. Again, it's only a 1 day event, so you don't have to worry about losing a whole weekend. The event is on Sunday July 13th @ JRP (see the beginning of the thread for full details).

1. P-O-G-I confirmed
2. S.F.W. confirmed
3. RallyPlaya confirmed
4. MSMitch confirmed
5. alhope3 confirmed
6. FONZ confirmed
7. KenYork confirmed

p-o-g-i
06-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Alright, well unless anyone else decides to join... I'll be entering in the above team. I'll be doing the registration this evening.

I've completed most of the write up and will forward it off to the team registrants. I'm really looking forward to this event guys!!!!!!!!!!1

mleblond
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
you guys still want the team decals for the windshield? I would need a confirmation and know who's paying?

S.F.W.
06-23-2008, 11:25 AM
you guys still want the team decals for the windshield? I would need a confirmation and know who's paying?

send me the pricing, I'll look at the feasibility of TM3 covering for all participants.

RallyPlaya
06-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Props To You Chris on Organizing our crew for the event

p-o-g-i
06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
send me the pricing, I'll look at the feasibility of TM3 covering for all participants.

That would be sweet. Much appreciated Ami!!!! hopefully this will work out :)

Props To You Chris on Organizing our crew for the event

No worries dude. It's good for all of us as it's for a good cause. I should be thank you, as well as the evnt organizers, for you guys registering and taking part int he event.

alhope34
06-23-2008, 07:53 PM
So whats the plan for a pre-meet and club roll-in?

p-o-g-i
06-24-2008, 07:47 AM
I will double check... but from what I remember, roll-in is between 09:00-10:30. The show itself is from 11:00-18:00. I will get back to all the participants on this one......

S.F.W.
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Ok, 10 decals have been ordered. Paid for by TM3 to thank participating members.

RallyPlaya
06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Ok, 10 decals have been ordered. Paid for by TM3 to thank participating members.

Nice Job Ami we will be representing with Style :bana

p-o-g-i
06-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Ami for president!!!!! :bana2 Ami for president!!!!! :bana2

alhope34
06-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I will double check... but from what I remember, roll-in is between 09:00-10:30. The show itself is from 11:00-18:00. I will get back to all the participants on this one......

I know what time roll in at the show is at, I was interested in knowing if there are plans for a pre meet to roll in as a club, what are said plans?

p-o-g-i
06-24-2008, 08:01 PM
I know what time roll in at the show is at, I was interested in knowing if there are plans for a pre meet to roll in as a club, what are said plans?

Sorry, that's what i meant by getting back to everyone. I'm arranging a pre- meet before teh show so we can all roll in together. I'm just trying to find a convenient place for everyone that's easily accessible for all.

Here is a map of where JRP is located:

2344 South Sheridan Way
Mississauga, ON

http://www.jrponline.com/images/maps/miss.gif

So I was thinking of a pre- meet of 08:45 at the Tim Hortons in front of Sheridan Centre on Erin Mills Parkway (just north of the QEW)......

-RJ3-
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
my suggestion.... premeet should be at 403 and Dundas. Tim hortons. Big lot, and a nice short cruise to the south service road.
Directions from 403 / Dundas tims to JRP:

From Dundas go east until you see winston churchill... go South till you see south service rd on the left side... Once you reach south service road... Test your handling on the big bend going down..... Another 3km or so and it will be on the right side.

Enjoy peeps

p-o-g-i
06-25-2008, 11:11 AM
That's a good idea as well, but I think Sheridan Centre may be a little closer.
Both have big parking lots...
To JRP from Sheridan Centre: south on Erin Mills Parkway.... west on South Service Road.

Both locations are good ideas, but my train of thought being closest place to meet up that is easy to find that is convenient for everyone as there are some coming from the east end.

But I'm open for comments/ suggestions.

RallyPlaya
06-25-2008, 11:24 AM
I Dont Really mind either one im just pumped for the event as we are repping TM3 i wanna chk out some other rides... hang out with you guys give to charity, eat a few burgers and get that freebie bag =) its a sunday im looking forward too

KenYork
06-25-2008, 11:34 AM
I think Sheridan Centre would be good, not as congested as 403 dundas.

p-o-g-i
06-25-2008, 05:29 PM
... and not to confuse anyone even more.... but I think we should have a meet before hand (a day or 2 before is fine) in regards to having the team decals put on. I guess this would depend as well to as to when the decals are being received.

S.F.W./ mleblonde: has there been an arrangement made in terms of dates? Thanks again Ami and Mathieu!!!!

S.F.W.
06-25-2008, 06:37 PM
... and not to confuse anyone even more.... but I think we should have a meet before hand (a day or 2 before is fine) in regards to having the team decals put on. I guess this would depend as well to as to when the decals are being received.

S.F.W./ mleblonde: has there been an arrangement made in terms of dates? Thanks again Ami and Mathieu!!!!

Decals are being shipped to me this week. I should have them late next week.

mleblond
06-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Shipped today xpresspost....you should have it Friday but requires signature ;)

p-o-g-i
06-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Ami, so since you will have the shipment... any suggestions in terms of a sate/ time when we should all meet to have them put on? I'm comfortable putting on windshield vinyl as I've done it to previous cars, but I know some people are not.

Spraying (spray bottle with soap and water) the adhesive part of the decal before you stick it on will allow you to adjust it......

S.F.W.
06-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Ami, so since you will have the shipment... any suggestions in terms of a sate/ time when we should all meet to have them put on? I'm comfortable putting on windshield vinyl as I've done it to previous cars, but I know some people are not.

Spraying (spray bottle with soap and water) the adhesive part of the decal before you stick it on will allow you to adjust it......

I'm thinking next weekend, about a week before the show. Pending others availability. Location, I'm flexible, as I think some of the team for the show are in the west end, and I'm in the east. So perhaps something mid way, 7+400 area? I'm open to time and location ideas.

p-o-g-i
06-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Correct, the majority of the team is from the west end. How about the 401/ Dixie area? I'm open to any ideas as well....

Anyone else?

KenYork
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
dixie/amico sounds good one of our regular meet places, shouldn't be hard for any of us to find.

RallyPlaya
06-26-2008, 01:13 PM
dixie/amico sounds good one of our regular meet places, shouldn't be hard for any of us to find.

+1 I Agree with that :)

S.F.W.
06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Good call on Dixie and Aimco, works for me.

p-o-g-i
06-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Alright guys, so I got word from Ami today that he has received the team decals for the show. Later this week I'll put up a notification for the date we'll meet up at Dixie/ Aimco to put the decals on.

Dave_The_BMXER
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I totally should have paid more attention to this thread. I will most likely come out and take a look around at least. I will be sure to stop by and say hello.

S.F.W.
07-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I totally should have paid more attention to this thread. I will most likely come out and take a look around at least. I will be sure to stop by and say hello.
if you want to join the team, we could try and add you on.

p-o-g-i
07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
if you want to join the team, we could try and add you on.

There's definitely no harm in trying. I don't see why there would be a problem. Dave, just let me know if that is your intentions.....

Dave_The_BMXER
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
10 bucks, good cause, good cars?

I am in if you can get me in :)

p-o-g-i
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
1. P-O-G-I confirmed
2. S.F.W. confirmed
3. RallyPlaya confirmed
4. MSMitch confirmed
5. alhope3 confirmed
6. FONZ confirmed
7. KenYork confirmed
8. Dave_The_BMXER confirmed

alhope34
07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I MIGHT have to work this Saturday 7am to 3-4pm, just to let you know for the decal meet thing. Saturday evening (7 or later) or any time Sunday is best for me.

KenYork
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm working Saturday nite.

I'm thinking Sunday early evening then cruise down to Hutch's.

MSMitch
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm at a wedding from about 11am until about 4 or 5pm this Saturday
(I'm in the east end). But after that would work for me. :)

alhope34
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Sunday sounds good to a lot of people.

S.F.W.
07-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm working Saturday nite.

I'm thinking Sunday early evening then cruise down to Hutch's.
works for me.

MSMitch
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Sunday should be okay for me as well :pop

alhope34
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
What or who is Hutch's?

S.F.W.
07-02-2008, 10:40 PM
What or who is Hutch's?
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26017

alhope34
07-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I'll make the meet Sunday, but I don't think I'll be going to Hamilton. Too much gas money needed, and 7pm is very late for me to be all the way out there. Have to be in bed by 11-12 for work Monday morning.

But yea, I still want the meet to be Sunday!!

FONZ
07-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Woah Woah Woah, Can someone update me on this? When are we planning to do the decals? I'm working this weekened from Sat and Sun to 9am - 5 pm, So I might miss the meet for the decals, However, I am attending the Hutches meet at 7, So if anyone is going there, I could possibly get mine put on.

S.F.W.
07-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Woah Woah Woah, Can someone update me on this? When are we planning to do the decals? I'm working this weekened from Sat and Sun to 9am - 5 pm, So I might miss the meet for the decals, However, I am attending the Hutches meet at 7, So if anyone is going there, I could possibly get mine put on.
If you aren't able to make the decal install meet, I will bring your decal to Hutches.

KenYork
07-03-2008, 11:24 AM

We can put yours on at Hutch's, and is Dixie/Amico good for 5pm this Sunday?

1. P-O-G-I
2. S.F.W. - Hutch's
3. RallyPlaya
4. MSMitch
5. alhope3
6. FONZ - Hutch's
7. KenYork - D/A + Hutch's
8. Dave_The_BMXER

mleblond
07-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Did anyone put them on yet? Make sure you don't do wet application guys and there's center marks too ;)

I am probably in toronto for the weekend if you need my help :)

FONZ
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
We can put yours on at Hutch's, and is Dixie/Amico good for 5pm this Sunday?

1. P-O-G-I
2. S.F.W. - Hutch's
3. RallyPlaya
4. MSMitch
5. alhope3
6. FONZ - Hutch's
7. KenYork - D/A + Hutch's
8. Dave_The_BMXER

If you guys are going to be at Dixie and Aimco at 5pm, I'm done work at 5 just at Matheson and Dixie, So it would take me 10 mins, to get there tops,

Than I guess you, Ami, and I could cruise down to Hutches together?

Either way, I'm down for anything.

S.F.W.
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Did anyone put them on yet? Make sure you don't do wet application guys and there's center marks too ;)

I am probably in toronto for the weekend if you need my help :)

I think Pogi was planning to do wet application?

mleblond
07-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I think Pogi was planning to do wet application? It's just wet app would make it hard because of the application tape.

Simply clean the windshield and get 2 guys to hold it and center it then apply it slowly. Any wet application takes more time. Plus you need a good 24hr at least for the water to evaporate from the vinyl. It would suck to have a letter move or fly away on the highway or because of rain/wash...

p-o-g-i
07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I was goign to do a wet application as that is how I have done them in the past.... but Mathieu is the vinyl expert and has done this application more then the 3 cars I've ever put this size of a decal on. I would go with Mathieu's take on this.......

MSMitch
07-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Perhaps we all pitch in and buy Mathieu a Starbucks drink or something in exchange for helping us with the app - of course, you only get it AFTER the install - don't want the shakes now!!! :chuckle

p-o-g-i
07-03-2008, 10:07 PM
I'll be free Sunday evening, but not until later in the evening...
But by all means, don't base it around me. I can always set a time/ date with Ami another time...

Dave_The_BMXER
07-04-2008, 07:39 AM
I can make 5 sunday, at dixie/amico but if the meet is moving to another day I can probably also make that I am pretty flexible. Don't know about driving to hamilton but maybe I can be convinced.

I have an autobot sticker in passenger top corner of my windshield so hopefully that doesn't conflict.. cause there is NO way I am removing that haha. [I am a HUGE transformers fan and I just got it :)]

p-o-g-i
07-04-2008, 09:34 AM
...I have an autobot sticker in passenger top corner of my windshield so hopefully that doesn't conflict.. cause there is NO way I am removing that haha. [I am a HUGE transformers fan and I just got it :)]

That's not a problem. Just put the banner on the bottom of the windshield. That's what I'm doing. Just a personal preference....
People would say that the wipers would rip off the decal, but it's never happend to me.

alhope34
07-04-2008, 06:50 PM
If all goes right, I'll have a new mod going on Sunday. Hope it works out for me!

RallyPlaya
07-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Il be there for the wet application....
BTW ive also invited my Dad with his Porsche Cayman S
and my dad's boss with his Massarati to be spectators in the event

alhope34
07-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I thought we were doing dry app.? I put on fresh rain-x last tuesday so any water will cause the vinyl to slide off. I need dry application!

Anyway, plans have been finalized and I will be there tomorrow with my new mod!

S.F.W.
07-05-2008, 08:19 PM
we are going dry app. No plans finalized...I may have to pull out of the planned meet tomorrow.

MSMitch
07-05-2008, 08:31 PM
5pm - will be there
Can you confirm the Cayman S tomorrow? My father in law is contemplating a Targa 4 - may "drag" him along if he's in town...:pop

MSMitch
07-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Okay, so where exactly are we meeting?
Anyone got a map of it?
(Dixie, Aimco - got that much but I'm not familoiar with that area) :blush

alhope34
07-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Okay, so where exactly are we meeting?
Anyone got a map of it?
(Dixie, Aimco - got that much but I'm not familoiar with that area) :blush

401, get off at Dixie rd heading SOUTH. Aimco is a smaller road, a few lights away on the LEFT. Tim's is right on the corner.

Edit: So if Ami backs out tomorrow, do you have a vinyls, Pogi?

S.F.W.
07-06-2008, 12:05 AM
401, get off at Dixie rd heading SOUTH. Aimco is a smaller road, a few lights away on the LEFT. Tim's is right on the corner.

I have the vinyls. I'm trying to make the meet, but I have a family function in Peterborough.
Anyone else live int he Richmond Hill.Markham or outlying areas? I could drop off the vinyls to you before I head north(around 10:15am).

alhope34
07-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I can be at the Don Mills and Steeles Sunday meet location for 8:45 am tomorrow, but thats the best I can do. I have to go somewhere tomorrow morning.

S.F.W.
07-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I can be at the Don Mills and Steeles Sunday meet location for 8:45 am tomorrow, but thats the best I can do. I have to go somewhere tomorrow morning.
yikes...are you going to be anywhere I could drop off to you after?

alhope34
07-06-2008, 12:26 AM
yikes...are you going to be anywhere I could drop off to you after?

I have to be at Simply Tire for 10am. I really don't know how long I will be there.

S.F.W.
07-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I have to be at Simply Tire for 10am. I really don't know how long I will be there.
PM sent.

alhope34
07-06-2008, 12:33 AM
PM sent.

Replied.

p-o-g-i
07-06-2008, 12:39 AM

Allan, I'm actually in Montreal at the moment.
I had a feeling I wasn't going to be able to meet up with you guys before you all headed to Hamilton tomorrow evening, so I decided to take a weekend trip with my wife and daughter.

So if tomorrow falls through for everyone, how does meeting up at Dixie/Aimco sound for Monday July 7 @ 7:30pm?

Ami, does this work for you? If you can that would be awesome..... and then if there are any who can not make it who are from the west end, they could just meet up with me.

So again, if tomorrow falls through for you guys, hopefully Ami could make it down for Monday Dixie/Aimco meet at 7:30... distribute to those registered for the show, and then leave some with me for those who can't make it.

alhope34
07-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Allan, I'm actually in Montreal at the moment.
I had a feeling I wasn't going to be able to meet up with you guys before you all headed to Hamilton tomorrow evening, so I decided to take a weekend trip with my wife and daughter.

So if tomorrow falls through for everyone, how does meeting up at Dixie/Aimco sound for Monday July 7 @ 7:30pm sound?

Ami, does this work for you? If you can that would be awesome..... and then if there are any who can not make it who are from the west end, the could just meet up with me.

So again, if tomorrow falls through for you guys tomorrow, hopefully Ami could make it down for Monday Dixie/Aimco meet at 7:30... distribute to those registered for the show, and then leave some with me for those who can't make it.

I will have the Vinyls for the meet tomorrow. Lets get a roll call going for who will be at meet tomorrow.

Dixie and Aimco Tim's for 5pm.

1. alhope34

alhope34
07-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Well guys, I'm heading to bed.

Ami, I'll see you tomorrow morning.

To the rest of you, I'll see you at 5pm.

p-o-g-i
07-06-2008, 12:50 AM
I will have the Vinyls for the meet tomorrow. Lets get a roll call going for who will be at meet tomorrow.

1. alhope34

Sweet. Good job Al!!

I'll hold off myself till Monday (or later in the week if need be).........

As for the actual event day itself, here is the pre- meet info for the show day:

Sheridan Centre (by Tim Hortons)
08:45 pre meet
leave at 09:00 for T.A.S.R. roll- in.........
Sheridan Centre is one block north of the QEW on Erin Mills Parkway........
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Sheridan+Centre+Mississauga&ie=UTF8&ll=43.532776,-79.654012&spn=0.022463,0.037594&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A

S.F.W.
07-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Sweet. Good job Al!!

I'll hold off myself till Monday (or later in the week if need be).........

As for the actual event day itself, here is the pre- meet info for the show day:

Sheridan Centre (by Tim Hortons)
08:45 pre meet
leave at 09:00 for T.A.S.R. roll- in.........
Sheridan Centre is one block north of the QEW on Erin Mills Parkway........

So early? Sorry, I'm just really not a morning person...roll in is 9:00am to 10:30. Why not pre meet @ 9:30, leave 9:45, arrives @ JRP about 10 min later.

KenYork
07-06-2008, 12:59 AM

1. alhope34
2. KenYork ( I can pick up p-o-g-i's as well )

FONZ
07-06-2008, 02:11 AM

1. alhope34
3. FONZ (5:15, done work at 5, than headin straight to aimco.)

MSMitch
07-06-2008, 08:55 AM

1. alhope34
4. MSMitch :)

Dave_The_BMXER
07-06-2008, 09:42 AM

1. alhope34
5. Dave_The_BMXER

I can come out today also, might just pick mine up and put it on later in week we shall see.

RallyPlaya
07-06-2008, 10:33 AM
yeah il be at Dixie and aimco @ 5 as well the cayman s and massarati will be @ the meet on the 13th not today

KenYork
07-06-2008, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=MSMitch;314862]Dixie and Aimco Tim's for 5pm.

1. alhope34
5. Dave_The_BMXER 50/50
6. RallyPlaya

alhope34
07-06-2008, 03:17 PM

1. alhope34
4. MSMitch
5. Dave_The_BMXER 50/50
6. RallyPlaya
7. S.F.W.

Ami called me this morning to say that he'd be there for sure.

S.F.W.
07-06-2008, 03:19 PM
yep, I'll be there @ 5pm

p-o-g-i
07-06-2008, 11:41 PM
So early? Sorry, I'm just really not a morning person...roll in is 9:00am to 10:30. Why not pre meet @ 9:30, leave 9:45, arrives @ JRP about 10 min later.

That's fine as well. I just figured to be in early in case anyone wanted to do any final touches once there car is parked (quick wipe down, polish rims, etc.). I'm flexible. I'll go with the majority on this..... whatever time you guys want the pre- meet at......

1. alhope34

Thanks buddy. I'll give you a buzz tomorrow so I can meet up with you.....

Fuman
07-07-2008, 03:54 AM
have fun guys!

FONZ
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
So what time is the pre meet at? I'm down for anything, Just let me know. :)

S.F.W.
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
let's go with the 9:30 pre-meet.

p-o-g-i
07-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I'll go with the majority.......

09:30 is fine with me. So unless anyone else has any suggestions, we'll meet at the Tim Horton's at Sheridan Centre at 09:30.

FONZ
07-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Ahh heck, I decided to throw on my smoked tails for this event. :)

Soyabean
07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
wait what is going on? is it 5:00pm at dixie and aimco or 9:30? what are these times?

S.F.W.
07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
wait what is going on? is it 5:00pm at dixie and aimco or 9:30? what are these times?
5pm was the decal pre-meet last week.
Actual show pre-meet is 9:30am on Sunday, at the Sheridan Centre.

p-o-g-i
07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Ben, I talked to the event organizers and was able to get you in. I'll send them you spec sheet first thing tomorrow morning. I understand you have been in contact with Ami already and will get your decal put on at the pre meet Sunday morning. Welcome aboard!!

1. P-O-G-I confirmed
2. S.F.W. confirmed
3. RallyPlaya confirmed
4. MSMitch confirmed
5. alhope3 confirmed
6. FONZ confirmed
7. KenYork confirmed
8. Dave_The_BMXER confirmed
9. Soyabean confirmed

S.F.W.
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
we have 10 decals..come on..let's get one more, and make this a double digit team!

FONZ
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
OMG... I was talking Ben into it, but I wasn't taking him seriously when he said he'd join!!! :O

Soyabean
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
well, you got me lol. Im in :)

p-o-g-i
07-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Alright, so I got everyone's contact #'s.... I'll be calling you each individually this early evening to follow up and see if there any questions or concerns. Other then that, see you all Sunday morning for the pre meet at Sheridan Centre (Tim Hortons) at 9:30am.

p-o-g-i
07-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Everyone who registered I called yesterday evening. I spoke to most of you.... others i left messages on voicemail or with family members..... I can't remember but there was one who's phone would just ring and not go to voicemail or anything else..... ??????

If there are no other questions or concerns, I'll see you guys at the pre- meet. If there are anymore, please feel free to PM or call me directly.

Thanks.

FONZ
07-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Just out of curiousity, I should of mentioned this earlier, but are we allowed to bring friends with us? or do they have to come in when it's opened to the public from 11 - 6?

S.F.W.
07-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Just out of curiousity, I should of mentioned this earlier, but are we allowed to bring friends with us? or do they have to come in when it's opened to the public from 11 - 6?
If they are in your car, I would guess they are fine.

p-o-g-i
07-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Good question.

If they are in your ride it should be fine as they came with you. All others would have to wait till the event is open to the public.

Do we have to stay at the event the whole day? Stay with our rides?

You can come and go as you please. Obviously your ride would stay there till day end, but you don't have to stay there at the event the whole time, let alone beside your ride. I will probably take off for a bit as well to be with my wife and daughter.
I guess the only real time you would need to be near your ride is near judging time (if you care about that aspect.

Is there a Best of Mazda class?

Again, for those who do care....... I have been told there will be a best of Mazda3/ Mazda3Speed. That's what I was told, but don't hold me to it....

Can we bring chairs, refreshments, etc.?

I would highly recommend it, unless you plan on standing/ walking all day.

Any other questions, please let me know or call me directly :)

FONZ
07-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Does anyone have any double sided tape? If so, can you PLEASE bring it to the pre meet. I've been looking around, and it's sold out, and I have put one rainguard back on! :(

Soyabean
07-12-2008, 10:07 PM
i didn't get a call...... should i still show up?

S.F.W.
07-12-2008, 10:08 PM
yes, still show! You are part of the team!

S.F.W.
07-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Does anyone have any double sided tape? If so, can you PLEASE bring it to the pre meet. I've been looking around, and it's sold out, and I have put one rainguard back on! :(
I don't have any handy, but if you really need it, I can run over to walmart.

Soyabean
07-12-2008, 10:20 PM
lol, yes sir. I still didnt vac or wash my car yet..... lol. Im still night shading my side markers...... I gotta wake up at 7am tomorrow to wash..... sigh

also, we must leave our cars behind? and if we do, do we leave the car unlocked?

-RJ3-
07-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I would lock them up.... what SFW and pogi said.. the only time it mattters to be next to the car if you care is judging...

I may join this ... waiting for confirmation from Mike.... plans got screwed up... but must leave at 1pm.... So not sure if im qualified to rep...

Dave_The_BMXER
07-12-2008, 11:25 PM
lol, yes sir. I still didnt vac or wash my car yet..... lol. Im still night shading my side markers...... I gotta wake up at 7am tomorrow to wash..... sigh

You and me both haha.

Cleaned my interior tonight.. in the garage.. might look streaky in the day light who knows :chuckle

FONZ
07-13-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't have any handy, but if you really need it, I can run over to walmart.

If you can that will be greatly appreciated, I'll pay you back tomorrow.

laksman91
07-13-2008, 12:20 AM
not to hate against the cause, but isnt "Tuners Against Street Racing" practically like "Drunks against Drunk Driving"

alhope34
07-13-2008, 01:16 AM
not to hate against the cause, but isnt "Tuners Against Street Racing" practically like "Drunks against Drunk Driving"

Tuning and street racing are two very different things. Just because people like to make their car unique and/or perform better, doesn't mean they will automatically try to race anything with wheels. My car isn't slow by any means and I'm usually the one slowing everyone down. In the city I stick to the limit, on the highway I MIGHT go 10 over.

Now...I really hope there aren't too many more MS3's entered besides Mitch and I. :chuckle Bah, who am I kidding, I won't win anything.

p-o-g-i
07-13-2008, 01:44 AM

Of course still show.
There was 1 person I tried to contact (I'm assuming it was you then) who i called Friday evening, but no one answered and there was no voicemial.

Everyone else I either talked to directly, left a voice message, or left a message with someone.

p-o-g-i
07-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Tuning and street racing are two very different things. Just because people like to make their car unique and/or perform better, doesn't mean they will automatically try to race anything with wheels. My car isn't slow by any means and I'm usually the one slowing everyone down. In the city I stick to the limit, on the highway I MIGHT go 10 over......

Well put Allan.

What ticks me off the most are those racing down the streets/ highway and swerving in and out of traffic, those who crank their systems through a residential area, those revving their engines at a Tim Hortons, etc....... It's these guys who ruin it for the rest of us who find tuning their rides a joy/ hobby. Like Allan, I go with the flow on city streets and go at most 115 km/h on the highway. Yes, technically this is considered speeding.... but I go with teh flow of traffic. You won't see me barreling down the highway weaving in and out of traffic.

I would never ever wish harm to anyone by any means...... but to those who do drive reckless and get their cars smashed or pulled over by the cops.... what can I say except karma is a b1atch!!!!!

p-o-g-i
07-13-2008, 01:54 AM
.... and my final thought before I head to bed......

DAMN IT!!!!! I decided to stray from the way I normally apply windshield banners and try the dry application method. Well, lets just say I may be the only TM3 member without the actual Team TorontoMazda3.ca decal :bang

-RJ3-
07-13-2008, 07:11 AM
POGI, didnt get a reply from you ... Your name is mike, if not.. Shoot.... LOL

mit-gee-mui
07-13-2008, 07:28 AM
POGI, didnt get a reply from you ... Your name is mike, if not.. Shoot.... LOL
Close. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle It's Christopher.:)

FONZ = Mike.

-RJ3-
07-13-2008, 07:43 AM
ahhhh shoooott

p-o-g-i
07-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Ryan... when did you PM me?!?!?! I don't see anything in my inbox....???????

(...... and M-G-M is correct, it's Christopher :) )

It's good you caught me on here as I was just about to jump in the shower and then take off as I know I'll have to wipe the rims down again when I get to the pre- meet..... damn white rims... hahaha.

-RJ3-
07-13-2008, 08:06 AM
I didnt pm you i actually msn'd you LOL

p-o-g-i
07-13-2008, 08:12 AM
MSN?!?!? Really?!?!?! I didn't know I had you on my contact list... hahah. PM me your #... I call you right now.

FONZ
07-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Anyways I'm getting ready now, Got to pick up my friend, and than head over to Supercenter to meet up with Ryan. Than from there, we'll go to the Sheridan Centre.

p-o-g-i
07-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Ryan, you're in. I just registered you. We'll do your info sheet at the pre- meet.

Yes, I know the weather is not the greatest outside..... BUT I did get confirmation just minutes ago that the show is still on.

I also got work that TM3 will have one of the biggest turnouts for any club :)

MSMitch
07-13-2008, 08:28 AM

Most have already commented about street racing etc, but bottom line, the main point of this show is to raise money for Big Brothers and Sisters - so a "group for a cause" raising money for a good cause sounds good in my books, see y'all soon.

Dave_The_BMXER
07-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Washing my car in the rain seemed a little counter productive. But it was just drizzling a little, looks ok now...

I am pretty tired don't be surprised if you find me napping in a shady spot haha.

FONZ
07-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Event turned out great. Awesome turnout, Sorry I had to leave soo soon. I was looking around trying to find you guys,

And Dave, I'm glad you got out of that " ditch " :chuckle

alhope34
07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26319

Post pictures here!

p-o-g-i
07-13-2008, 11:06 PM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you guys for participating in this worthy cause. It was nice to kick back and relax on a lazy afternoon... :)

But in all seriousness, thanks guys for representing TM3!!!!!!!

RallyPlaya
07-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Thx For Organizing Man.... Good Times =P I Love how TM3 Were the only Judges spectator wise =)

Dave_The_BMXER
07-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Getting stuck was pretty surprising. I still have some grass stuck under my car.

mleblond
07-14-2008, 12:24 AM
hey I came out to check it out! My visit was brief (got there at 4pm) plus my baby was worrying me big time (will post about that later) but I was nice to see you guys, too bad top protege won best team :( But I guess it's what you get for all tm3 being judges lol

S.F.W.
07-14-2008, 12:32 AM
too bad top protege won best team :( But I guess it's what you get for all tm3 being judges lol
was all about turnout. They rolled 16 cars..we had 10.

mleblond
07-14-2008, 12:44 AM
ill be at motm, so I hope we win something....

Did you use all the team decals already?

Veritaz
07-14-2008, 01:36 AM
It was good meet alot of you guys today, and the show was great. Hope too see alot of you again at MOTM!

FONZ
07-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Woah, hold on, TOP won Best Team!?

mleblond
07-14-2008, 07:42 AM

Yep, where the hell were you when they gave the trophies? Speedbaby won best mazda3/mazdaspped 3 :chuckle

S.F.W.
07-14-2008, 08:32 AM
The award was for best Club.

S.F.W.
07-14-2008, 08:33 AM

yes, we used them.

p-o-g-i
07-14-2008, 09:07 AM

Yup, we used everyone one of them (thanks again for providing the decals and TM3 for the purchase), but I was the only "schmuck" who screwed up the install. (I knew there was a reason why I stuck to wet applications for windshield banners... hahaha). I'll admit though we looked pretty fierce driving to the event and rolling in.

(... by the way Matt, check you PM as I believe "fini" was trying to get a hold of you... not sure though if you already responded to him. I tried starting a group PM to respond all too :))

p-o-g-i
07-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Getting stuck was pretty surprising. I still have some grass stuck under my car.

I didn't even see you roll out. WHat time did you leave?

Actually, when I got back to our spot after the awards... it was only myself, SFW, and KenYork there.

The show was pretty much done after the awards... 17:30 ish. But by the time the last car rolled out, I'm sure it was after 18:00. I bolted right after the awards.

Kudos to NextMod as well on a good showing! I believe Peter won for Best Lexus....

Veritaz
07-14-2008, 02:17 PM
I won "Best Mazda Other" was pretty surprised but happy. TO Protege had a very impressive turnout. Alot of nice looking protege's.

S.F.W.
07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I won "Best Mazda Other" was pretty surprised but happy. TO Protege had a very impressive turnout. Alot of nice looking protege's.
you deserved the win. It was a heated discussion trust me.

FONZ
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Yep, where the hell were you when they gave the trophies? Speedbaby won best mazda3/mazdaspped 3 :chuckle

Who's Speedbaby?

And I rolled out, the same time as Dave , and Allan did. So we weren't there for the trophies.

Dave_The_BMXER
07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I scraped out about 4:40ish?

Props to organizing Chris it was a fun event, you guys are much friendlier than BMW and Mini-truck dudes, and it was all for a good cause.

Next year more cars.

S.F.W.
07-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Who's Speedbaby?

And I rolled out, the same time as Dave , and Allan did. So we weren't there for the trophies.
Speedbaby is Tamara. Vlad's better half.

p-o-g-i
07-14-2008, 05:14 PM

It was a close call, but we stand by our judgments :)

mleblond
07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
what was the other car up against? one from top? or that carbon fiber 6?

alhope34
07-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks to everyone who made this event possible! I really enjoyed myself, and would definitely go next year.

Kevin@nextmod
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
it was a fun day but hell it was sunny. I also like the tm3 guys judging and it was funny how i keep saying stock to rallyplya and he keeps asking me you sure? you sure you want me to write that? hahaha..

S.F.W.
07-14-2008, 06:51 PM
what was the other car up against? one from top? or that carbon fiber 6?
originally, the CF6. But then since there weren't many infiniti's we were able to move that award to a best Mazda6, and give the 3 the best "other Mazda"

Veritaz
07-14-2008, 08:16 PM

Well thank you very much! I can imagine it was a heated disscussion, there was alot of nice Mazdas there. I appretiate it and take it as a huge compliment. I got alo more work coming though, hopefully next year it won't be such a hard decision lol. :D

Excellent work on running the show aswell, hats off to you guys, it was definatly a stand up event and one I will be attending again. THANK YOU for all your hard work and congrats on the success!

p-o-g-i
07-14-2008, 08:44 PM
originally, the CF6. But then since there weren't many infiniti's we were able to move that award to a best Mazda6, and give the 3 the best "other Mazda"

You mean the other way around.... the Mazda6 won for "best Mazda- other", while the grey Mazda3 won for "best Mazda- Mazda3/ Mazdaspeed3"...

mleblond
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
You mean the other way around.... the Mazda6 won for "best Mazda- other", while the grey Mazda3 won for "best Mazda- Mazda3/ Mazdaspeed3"...

Where you at the same show? The red devil won best mazda 3/ mazdaspeed 3. The fact that a mazda 3 won best mazda other is ****ed IMO.....way too many mazda for a show though...sorta preview for next sunday :chuckle

p-o-g-i
07-19-2008, 08:09 PM
My bad, I could have sworn that the dude from Ottawa in the Turbo'd Mazda3 won for Mazda3/ Speed3, while the carbon fibred Mazda6 won for Mazda other!?!?!?
Doh?!?!?! Well, at least that's how I voted... hehehe.

BTW, still don't have my internet service up... using a neighbor's connection.. hahah.

Where you at the same show? The red devil won best mazda 3/ mazdaspeed 3. The fact that a mazda 3 won best mazda other is ****ed IMO.....way too many mazda for a show though...sorta preview for next sunday :chuckle

colins323
07-26-2008, 07:12 PM

I don't understand what the heated discusion was..... He was in the Mazda 3 class so how does he win the Mazda OTHER class when there is already a class for him??:bana2

bwk
07-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Thats BS i think the guys judging screwed up, and won't admit their wrong. I don't even think the guys in that category care about the trophy anymore they just want someone to explain what happen, and are now pissed cuz they spent $10 to enter and now got screwed. I know if I owned another POS Mazda, entered and then get screwed I would be very pissed.

p-o-g-i
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Thats BS i think the guys judging screwed up, and won't admit their wrong....

.....I don't even think the guys in that category care about the trophy anymore they just want someone to explain what happen, and are now pissed cuz they spent $10 to enter and now got screwed.....

No offence, but I don't think it's fair to say that "the guys judging screwed up". That's a very open- ended comment. If you see my above comment, I stated how I judged; I have nothing to hide and I stand by it.

As for the $10 to enter.... I'm not sure if you were there, or were aware what the event was for. This was a charity event/ fund raiser for the Boys & Girls Club of Peel, as well as to bring awareness in regards to Tuners Against Street Racing. $10 for each ride was a donation.

This is not directed to anyone directly by any means, but if you entered your ride in this event, and was upset that you didn't win..... then you completely missed the point of this event in the first place.

colins323
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
No offence, but I don't think it's fair to say that "the guys judging screwed up". That's a very open- ended comment. If you see my above comment, I stated how I judged; I have nothing to hide and I stand by it.

As for the $10 to enter.... I'm not sure if you were there, or were aware what the event was for. This was a charity event/ fund raiser for the Boys & Girls Club of Peel, as well as to bring awareness in regards to Tuners Against Street Racing. $10 for each ride was a donation.

This is not directed to anyone directly by any means, but if you entered your ride in this event, and was upset that you didn't win..... then you completely missed the point of this event in the first place.

Still waiting on a responce to my above comment...... :gone

p-o-g-i
08-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Still waiting on a responce to my above comment...... :gone

From who? Me?
I stated how I judged. I didn't vote for a Mazda3 for Best Mazda- other.
I can comment on how I voted as that's my perogative, but I will not comment on how my peers voted. you would have to ask them.