PDA

View Full Version : What security setup are you running?

Unoriginalusername
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Seems a lot of people go with the Compustar, what do you have? Like it /dislike it and what would it run installed? thinking about getting one in the spring so my door doesn't get kicked in

Cardinal Fang
01-23-2008, 02:46 PM
After talking with Jeff from MOT I'm getting the Compustar system. I'm getting tired of running to my office window every hour to see if my car is still there.

Unoriginalusername
01-23-2008, 02:50 PM
After talking with Jeff from MOT I'm getting the Compustar system. I'm getting tired of running to my office window every hour to see if my car is still there.

which one did you decide on? Do they all have that tap to unlock feature?

Cardinal Fang
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Not sure just yet. I'm still pricing the system with features.

royroy
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
i got the compustar..
but i wish that lil car inside the screen was a mazda or a white car.. lol

07Speedfreak
01-23-2008, 03:04 PM
What do you want to do block people from getting inside you car or stop people from stealing it ?

My point is if you're leaning towards option 2, you could always do a fuel cut off switch (motor will turn but wont start -->no fuel will be pumped in) which will be hidden inside your car where you only know....Its always a good cheap trick but somebody really wants to steal your car, he will steal it.

Unoriginalusername
01-23-2008, 03:10 PM
What do you want to do block people from getting inside you car or stop people from stealing it ?

My point is if you're leaning towards option 2, you could always do a fuel cut off switch (motor will turn but wont start -->no fuel will be pumped in) which will be hidden inside your car where you only know....Its always a good cheap trick but somebody really wants to steal your car, he will steal it.

i am not worried about the stealing, if they want it they will get it... i am worried about the door kicking in and even though it is fixed dumb theives won't know that and might mess up your door trying to get at stuff inside the car without ever having the intention of stealing the car itself

Jeff-TheBiz
01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
I have the Compustar Pro... love it.. especially the range of the remote.

WLS ZMZM
01-23-2008, 06:06 PM
have the compustar pro on my civic and plan on getting it for my 3 as well. Its a great alarm, and Jeff @ audioheaven gives good pricing and great installs on the system. The system is really great, my only advice is not to get the knock sensor mounted on the window.

There is a piece that you can mount that says "KNOCK TO PAGE OWNER" at first I thought it was a good idea in case i left my lights on..... which was great it was used once for that purpose otherwise people just hit it for fun so it was removed. Like Jeff said the range is great on these bad boys, but RoyRoy is right the pic of the car stinks :(. The only thing I would definitely recommend is getting the leather case for it, keeps the remote in much better shape!

mit-gee-mui
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=168836&postcount=4

This will help you out.:)

Some more links for you:
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=12807&highlight=compustar

RX9
01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
i am using compustar 9000. the only thing i dont like is when it on reservation mode and you disarm it, open the door for something then close door rearm it, the reservation mode will be gone. then you cant remote start the car. the tap to unlock funtion is awsom tho, the first day right after installation, i setup the code and accidently set it on paasive mode, and lock everything inside, that funtion save me to call a tow truck, just remember never shared ur code.:chuckle

EvilEric
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
i am using compustar 9000. the only thing i dont like is when it on reservation mode and you disarm it, open the door for something then close door rearm it, the reservation mode will be gone. then you cant remote start the car. the tap to unlock funtion is awsom tho, the first day right after installation, i setup the code and accidently set it on paasive mode, and lock everything inside, that funtion save me to call a tow truck, just remember never shared ur code.:chuckle

Most people don't like the taping to unlock feature. Almost everyone I know has it disabled because anyone could get lucky. Taping to page driver is a different thing.

ramboh
01-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread but is an alarm necessary for the Mazdaspeed 3? Is it easy to steal?

Has anyone had their or heard of anyone having their mazdaspeed 3 stolen?

I hadn't considered an alarm upgrade but you never know...

RX9
01-23-2008, 11:56 PM
every car is easy been stolen if they want it.but on other hand, if they saw your car has AM alarm instlled, then they will go find another one didnt equpted. therefore, if you can afford a AM security system, get it.

btw, the taping to unlock technic will never been easy to crack, there are four digi codes, i cant see how they gonna break that code, unless you are using 1111, who will then?

Skarbro
01-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Most people don't like the taping to unlock feature. Almost everyone I know has it disabled because anyone could get lucky. Taping to page driver is a different thing.

every car is easy been stolen if they want it.but on other hand, if they saw your car has AM alarm instlled, then they will go find another one didnt equpted. therefore, if you can afford a AM security system, get it.

btw, the taping to unlock technic will never been easy to crack, there are four digi codes, i cant see how they gonna break that code, unless you are using 1111, who will then?
Do you guys mean tapping? Or can I put tape on your cars to unlock them? :chuckle

EvilEric
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Do you guys mean tapping? Or can I put tape on your cars to unlock them? :chuckle

Yes Tapping :( Yes it's a 4 digit code but still. If you rely on a spare key or remote,they are either at home or with someone you trust.

That feature if enabled is always on the car. If your too far to receive the page that means someone can try as many times as they want. It's just something that probably will be rarely used but opens your car to unecessary risk

RX9
01-24-2008, 11:26 AM

lol.....my bad, thats why i like u, you are funny.:chuckle

RX9
01-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Yes Tapping :( Yes it's a 4 digit code but still. If you rely on a spare key or remote,they are either at home or with someone you trust.

That feature if enabled is always on the car. If your too far to receive the page that means someone can try as many times as they want. It's just something that probably will be rarely used but opens your car to unecessary risk

did u use that b4? sounds like u dont know how that work.:chuckle

EvilEric
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
did u use that b4? sounds like u dont know how that work.:chuckle

No I never had that feature activated. When I did the install the shop went over the pro's and con's and they highly recommended against it. They said most of their patrons never activate it.

Was my description that off? You knock the 4 digit seqence/pattern on the sensor and it disarms your alarm and unlocks your door.

It is a usefull feature. My point is that I don't see it being something that I would be using all the time. And it opens up a vulnerability that people can exploit.

How many people use their birthdates etc for their pin numbers? How many people would use "shave and a hair cut" for their knock code?

MPS
01-25-2008, 09:53 AM
thanks for sharing ur code :)

RX9
01-25-2008, 09:55 AM
where u been, thought you went to japan as well. lol.....

MPS
01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
what you think they don't have internet in Japan :chuckle

yearoftherat
01-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Didn't think vlad could read jap

RX9
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
i wont use internet if i am in japan, lol...... lots stuff to do,:chuckle wait, last time i was there without my GF:chuckle

Operator
01-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I've used AutoPage since 2005 and I'd reccommend it to anyone needing an alarm. It also has options for turbos. http://www.autopageusa.com/

RX9
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
the specs seems same as others. thats totally depending on the installers, IMO, they do life time warranty on labor and few yrs on parts and labor, of couse they will choose the easiest on inst and most commom brand, after they inst thousands of them in different cars, they knew whatz going on there. you dont want to see ur car gonna be a the lab item for them. lol...

mogul_pro
01-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't have an aftermarket security system on my Mazda3.

On the car I had before my mazda (Acura Integra Type-R) I used the Viper 5900 system. Works GREAT, VERY long range even for a 2-way system. Nothing but good things to say about it.

If I ever put anything like an aftermarket sound system or anything audio visual in my mazda, I would without a second guess return to using the Viper 5900 again! (Its the only security system I have personal experience with, but why mess with a good thing...)

Ghost
02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't have an aftermarket security system on my Mazda3.

On the car I had before my mazda (Acura Integra Type-R) I used the Viper 5900 system. Works GREAT, VERY long range even for a 2-way system. Nothing but good things to say about it.

If I ever put anything like an aftermarket sound system or anything audio visual in my mazda, I would without a second guess return to using the Viper 5900 again! (Its the only security system I have personal experience with, but why mess with a good thing...)

What he said.
I had the same thing on my last car (lots of interesting sound-things inside of it, for anyone who has seen my last car and wondered why) Viper 5900...very very good Alarm.