PDA

View Full Version : detailing question

buon77
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
hey all,
new to the board - great site!

i was wondering if there are any good car detailing places that i could take my 2006 Mazda3 GT. i'm looking to get my car completely done - inside and out. any suggestions would be great - thanks!

kaval
01-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey buon77! I'd be more than happy to detail your Mazda3 for you! Check out my site for all the details and feel free to contact me!

p.s. Thanks Lars! ;)

buon77
01-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks Lars,
Do you have a complete interior/exterior package as well?

kaval
01-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks Lars,
Do you have a complete interior/exterior package as well?

Do you mean the Ultimate Interior and the Ultimate Exterior combined?

Please email me and we can discuss :) contact @ makeitshine.ca (remove spaces)

Kaval

dj_chinaman2097
01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Kaval,

I'll definitely make an appointment with you sometime in the spring.

Too bad the exterior cleaning won't last - there's a tree over hanging my driveway...the bird poo...it's everywhere, everyday!

kaval
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Kaval,

I'll definitely make an appointment with you sometime in the spring.

Too bad the exterior cleaning won't last - there's a tree over hanging my driveway...the bird poo...it's everywhere, everyday!

Remove that bird poo RIGHT AWAY! Pick up some Meguiar's Quick Detailer and spray it on. Bird poo is one of the worst things you can have on your paint as it will etch into the clearcoat.

No worries, just keep the salt off the car and let me know when u want to book!

kaval
01-30-2008, 11:29 PM
About the Quick Detailer (can't edit posts, sorry for the doubling)

Spray it on, let it sit for 20-30 seconds then wipe it off with a microfiber towel. Wipe in an up and away motion so you don't drag the crap across the finish and leave fine scratches behind.

mogul_pro
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM
wow kacval u know ur stuff... will be contacting u in the spring ... you do bikes? (gsxr750).. will have to bring you my pop's ride.. its 1 to add to your portfolio ;)

Props for taking pride in what you do.

kaval
02-02-2008, 12:44 PM
wow kacval u know ur stuff... will be contacting u in the spring ... you do bikes? (gsxr750).. will have to bring you my pop's ride.. its 1 to add to your portfolio ;)

Props for taking pride in what you do.

thanks for the compliments!

I haven't done a bike yet, but I'm always up to try something new ;) Paint is paint :p Funny you mention that, I was contemplating getting into bike detailing.
As for your pop's ride, send me an email, I'd love to hear more ;)

RX9
02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
those jobs are amazing kaval. i will get my cars detailed this spring by you for sure. how long that gonna take to finish ultimate exterior? is the sealent treatment aka to diamont coat?

kaval
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
those jobs are amazing kaval. i will get my cars detailed this spring by you for sure. how long that gonna take to finish ultimate exterior? is the sealent treatment aka to diamont coat?

thanks for kind words!

the ultimate package varies between car. What I do is take a look at the condition of the paint and give you my recommendation to get the paint as close to 100% defect free as possible (100% correction is hard, and sometimes not the best for the paint because our vehicles are DDs). For the ultimate package, it can (and has) taken me anywhere from 7-20 hours depending on the condition of the car. The 1 step polish can take me 5-6 hours.

The synthetic sealant treatment is not diamond coat. It's a form of paint protection (the synthetic sealant) and does not do any paint cleaning or polishing; it's 100% protection.

RX9
02-03-2008, 04:05 PM
woooo....i will sent u a pm book a appointment then.

mogul_pro
02-04-2008, 09:57 AM
And I thought me spending a whole afternoon detailing my car was alot of time! HAH!

buon77
02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
got a look at the jobs you've done, wow! is all i have to say!

Niteshade
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Would it be similar idea to something like the Klasse sealant then?

The synthetic sealant treatment is not diamond coat. It's a form of paint protection (the synthetic sealant) and does not do any paint cleaning or polishing; it's 100% protection.

kaval
02-07-2008, 11:43 PM
got a look at the jobs you've done, wow! is all i have to say!
thanks!!!

Would it be similar idea to something like the Klasse sealant then?

yes indeed! Gotta use Klasse AIO first though (if it's the first treatment of Klasse Sealant Glaze).

Niteshade
02-08-2008, 12:53 AM
If that's the case I'll definitely be booking a detail on my new Sport in the spring!:bana2

yes indeed! Gotta use Klasse AIO first though (if it's the first treatment of Klasse Sealant Glaze).

Iturralde
02-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Pu tme on the "Make it shine" list also, I will be contacing you once this darn snow goes away!

X

matt9
02-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes makeitshine sounds popular.

When I was at the dealer recently, I noticed they had a little price chart for detailing services that were not that expensive. How does this compare?