PDA

View Full Version : cold start issue

Pac-man
01-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I've been having problems w/ my speed3, especially whenever i start my car on a very cold day. It would normally rev from 2k to 1500 and all of sudden it would shut off. Then i would repeat for like 3 times and the same thing. I noticed when i hold and rev around 2 k for like a minute...she would be stable. It only happens on a cold day when the temp goes down around -10 and up. I've been monitoring this for over a week now. So i decided to try it again this evening. For some reason it didn't die (shut off) on me. But it hesitated with a deep rumbling and a bit of backfiring issue, and then CEL came on. I am taking her to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning. Just wondering if it happens to any of u guys? Wish me luck and i will give u guys a heads up once i get it back to normal.

RX9
01-31-2008, 11:03 PM
we dont have too many chance to get -10C here. cant really say anything about it. didnt happan on mine yet so far.

Unoriginalusername
02-01-2008, 09:06 AM
I've been having problems w/ my speed3, especially whenever i start my car on a very cold day. It would normally rev from 2k to 1500 and all of sudden it would shut off. Then i would repeat for like 3 times and the same thing. I noticed when i hold and rev around 2 k for like a minute...she would be stable. It only happens on a cold day when the temp goes down around -10 and up. I've been monitoring this for over a week now. So i decided to try it again this evening. For some reason it didn't die (shut off) on me. But it hesitated with a deep rumbling and a bit of backfiring issue, and then CEL came on. I am taking her to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning. Just wondering if it happens to any of u guys? Wish me luck and i will give u guys a heads up once i get it back to normal.

do you have the latest ecu recall done?

REZXPERT
02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
+1. my money's on the ECU. Pac-man let us know after you get it done.
Good luck.

Wild Weasel
02-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Strange. No issues at all with mine.

Of course, the struts make a heck of a noise until they warm up... not used to that with the Konis on my Sunfire. :)

Pac-man
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry guys been busy at work. Didn't have time to post the results. Finally brought it to Mississauga Mazda a couple weeks ago. They assummed it was the ECU trouble. Since i had already been there a few months ago w/ the voluntary recall, they figured it had to do w/ the ECU running crap at low temp. So they updated my ECU again and I kept my finger crossed this time. So I tried it last Sunday when we had the -24 windchill. It was perfect to test this ongoing issue. I had doubts for a moment, but she fired up without shutting off.