PDA

View Full Version : Fall Out Remover

justblaze
02-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Has anyone ever heard of, or used a fall out remover on their car. I heard that it is a mild type of acid solution that you spray onto your car in problem area's like my hatch, and rinse off. Supposedly it's safe on the paint, but I don't know (paint and acid?):whoa. I just wanna get rid of the tiny rust dots all over rear end of my car.:bang

S.F.W.
02-16-2008, 03:14 PM
use a proper claybar on your car. That will get rid of the rail dust.

cwp_sedan
02-16-2008, 10:48 PM
use a proper claybar on your car. That will get rid of the rail dust.

+1

kaval
02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Has anyone ever heard of, or used a fall out remover on their car. I heard that it is a mild type of acid solution that you spray onto your car in problem area's like my hatch, and rinse off. Supposedly it's safe on the paint, but I don't know (paint and acid?):whoa. I just wanna get rid of the tiny rust dots all over rear end of my car.:bang

Stay away from putting that stuff on your car dude!!! When taking care of your paint, be as least invasive as possible. Sure you might have to do more work by using a clay bar and some polish, but you'll be sure you aren't ruining your paint. Make sure you use proper lubrication when clay barring your car.
Here's a writeup I did in case you want to check it out:
http://makeitshine.ca/Site/Clay%20bar%20decontamination.html

McGuyver_3
02-17-2008, 10:15 PM
at work we use wheel acid on wheels and even the guy who delivers it to us sayd it does not ruin paint. but yet again for the 3 years i have worked for bmw i have never seen 1 customer complaint because of the car wash wheel acid eating up the paint. Customers do try to blame us for scratches though

kaval
02-18-2008, 03:45 AM
at work we use wheel acid on wheels and even the guy who delivers it to us sayd it does not ruin paint. but yet again for the 3 years i have worked for bmw i have never seen 1 customer complaint because of the car wash wheel acid eating up the paint. Customers do try to blame us for scratches though

Continuous exposure to acidic-based cleaners will diminish the clearcoat on wheels. Not many people I know wax their wheels so already the wheels are vulnerable. In my humble opinion, if there are products that can clean the wheels without using acid, why not use them? I have admittedly used acid to clean wheels before, but it was an extreme case where the client didn't clean his wheels for 2 years and sprayed lithium grease on the rims a few times because he thought it made the rims look 'clean' again. Other than that, I don't even bother making acidic cleaners part of my arsenal.

Fuel90
02-24-2008, 05:54 AM
While working at the dealership one of the nearby factories hadn't replaced some filter or some such on their equiptment which then led to massive amounts of 'fallout' on all of the vehicles on our lot. We then had the fun task of removing it with fallout remover. I have to say the stuff works great. The only cautions I can give is that (the commercial grade stuff) is toxic like you would not believe and that it removes any wax or sealant that you have on the car. Likely some clear too. I wouldn't reccomend it for anything other than extreme cases, for general spotting simply use a claybar and take your time!

Flagrum_3
02-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I would suggest using a gentle rubbing compound, such as Turtle wax rubbing compound with an orbital polisher to remove any contaminents, after claying, as just claying would not be sufficient.Claying is good for removing imbedded particles not so much for cleaning.
I would stay away from any acidic cleansers unless like mentioned its an extreme condition.

_3