PDA

View Full Version : Gyro service

battleaxe
02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Well here goes:

During the xmas vacation, my 3 sport was broken into using the "method". Upon my return to Toronto, I contacted Gyro who claimed they knew nothing about kits to fix the problem. So I called Mazda.

Mazda took care of getting the kit over to Gyro, but it did take quite a while. I place my first call with Mazda around Jan 4th. I finally got a call from Gyro around Feb 8th.

On Feb 14th, I took my car in to have the kit installed, and do an oil change and tire rotation. While there, I mentioned to my advisor that the drivers seat was very squeeky, and I wanted it taken care of.

Picked up my car at 5:00pm. Signed my service form which stated all the work had been done, and that the drivers seat had been fixed. Got into my car, drive 2 minutes, squeek is still there. The inside of the car smelled like wd40.

At this point I have to assume that;s about all they did. Spray some wd40. Which means no one sat in the seat to see if the squeek was gone. Not great in my books. if you fix something, test it.

Called back on the following tuesday, made an appointment for wed. Took my car in at Wed, got to the dealer at 7:30, waited for 1 hour only to be told to come back the next day because the part wasnt in. I was not impressed.

They finally fixed it with a new rail kit. No more squeeks.

sunkist4338
05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
ok, so today ***sad ;(*** I scraped my new 2010 car on a curb.
Story:
I went to work today and parked in one of my careful spots. usually away from others or with one side of my car to some curb so only 1 person can park beside me. After I parked I decided to move my car to another spot because I thought the lawn guys were comming and I would end up with dried grass on my car.... that is when it happend , I was to close to the curb and as I turned out of the spot I heard a loud scraping sound.... omy my heart sank into my stomach. once I got to my other spot , I slowly walked to the passanger side where I heard the scraping sound. I looked and I looked and saw no scrap "?". then I looked under the car an saw I had just scraped a piece about 5 inched long on a metal piece of the car. I knew no one would see it but I knew It need to be fixed because it was now bare metal.

I called gyro mazda and spoke with them. they said bring your car in (no appointment needed.) They looked at it and said it was minor and nothing else was wrong except for the scrape. They took it in as soon as I got there . The first gentlman looked at it and said he would get the service manger to look at it. the service manager looked at it and said he would paint it. Within 5 minutes of having my car in the shop the car was back to normal... just a gram lighter (due to metal loss...lol)

Derrick the serice manger gave back my keys and said your done. I said I should go and pay for this. He just shook his head and said that it was fine. I was completly surprized and greatful for how curtious and fast these guys are. I proceed to shake Derricks hand and said thank you.

Story 2

When I went to pick up my new car there was a paint issue on the passanger side door. It was under the clear coat. it looked like a rag had touched the door while the paint was drying or something. It was not horrendous but visible enough. the dealership (Gyro Mazda )right away said they would get me another car. No questions asked. So I walked away without my "Roamer". it also had a small scratch near the roof as well as a little paint gouge on the hood near the rim

Gyro mazda had my new car for me by the next week. The sales rep Paul worked hard to get me another car becasue they didn't have my style of car on the lot. he secured it from a new shippment comming in.

So far my experience with Gyro mazda has been nothing outstanding.

Kudos to Gyro.... keep up the good work!!!!

Enji
06-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I just have to say I really don't like going here anymore. At first the service was fine(about a year ago), but I went in for a possible fix last week on a cowl rattle. They told me I must get a oil change as part of the the 28km warranty thing, however I had the oil changed a month ago and inspection (btw my car only has 23km on it). I eventually said fine I'll pay for it, however I wanted the cowl rattle looked into and the wiper arms looked at since they do have rust on them.
Anyway long story short, I had to fight to look into the cowl rattle because, i was past my 20km warranty, however I had been complaining about the cowl rattle since my car was at 12km. Only now did they offer a fix and they had to pull up old records to see if it was consistant with it. The wiper arms where rejected by Mazda Canada so they said.

Btw I did email mazda canada, they said it's really up to the service manager to decide if it's covered or not. That left me fuming.
Anyway I had to finally go back in yesterday to get the cowl part fixed since they didn't have the parts, they didn't bother calling me, to pick up the car, i had to show up 15 mins before they closed. at that time the service person neglected to greet me so i was standing around for 5 mins, then just took me to the pay desk said the work was done, "should i pull up your car". I said no it's right outside, then he just walked away, without explaining if there where problems, earlier before while I dropped off my car I asked can you look into any relating tsb problems regarding my car, said he would. Not once did he mention any of this, or any possible problems, just walked away. When I finally got to my car, I noticed the floor covering and plastic was there. That pissed me off even more, not 8 mins ago did he walk out with a customer, and take the coverings off to bring them back inside.
I drove off and went back to work, I got curious about what they did to replace it and opened the hood, several caps where loose and not fastened on the car properly. Frankly it looks like nothing was done.

I'm not happy with their service and I wouldn't recommend going there, I've had 2 other co workers complain about their work and question if they actually did any work.
I may end up going to Mot and take a look, though now my car is out of the 20k warranty it sucks :(

Kaiserhead
06-29-2009, 01:08 PM
I gave up on Gyro about a year ago, the car was always dirty when I got it back (oily footprints on my carpets, hand prints on the exterior of the car, paper mats left in the car, plastic left on the seats.) Their service advisers are sleazy and argue with people in front of the customers over petty things and herd people through without explaining anything. But the worst offense they committed to me was leaving an oily rag in my engine bay after replacing the transmission under warranty. That rag could have been sucked into the belts and ruined the engine and put me in a dangerous position. I'll never go back and neither will the other 7 Mazda owners I live close to.

I just have to say I really don't like going here anymore. At first the service was fine(about a year ago), but I went in for a possible fix last week on a cowl rattle. They told me I must get a oil change as part of the the 28km warranty thing, however I had the oil changed a month ago and inspection (btw my car only has 23km on it). I eventually said fine I'll pay for it, however I wanted the cowl rattle looked into and the wiper arms looked at since they do have rust on them.
Anyway long story short, I had to fight to look into the cowl rattle because, i was past my 20km warranty, however I had been complaining about the cowl rattle since my car was at 12km. Only now did they offer a fix and they had to pull up old records to see if it was consistant with it. The wiper arms where rejected by Mazda Canada so they said.

Btw I did email mazda canada, they said it's really up to the service manager to decide if it's covered or not. That left me fuming.
Anyway I had to finally go back in yesterday to get the cowl part fixed since they didn't have the parts, they didn't bother calling me, to pick up the car, i had to show up 15 mins before they closed. at that time the service person neglected to greet me so i was standing around for 5 mins, then just took me to the pay desk said the work was done, "should i pull up your car". I said no it's right outside, then he just walked away, without explaining if there where problems, earlier before while I dropped off my car I asked can you look into any relating tsb problems regarding my car, said he would. Not once did he mention any of this, or any possible problems, just walked away. When I finally got to my car, I noticed the floor covering and plastic was there. That pissed me off even more, not 8 mins ago did he walk out with a customer, and take the coverings off to bring them back inside.
I drove off and went back to work, I got curious about what they did to replace it and opened the hood, several caps where loose and not fastened on the car properly. Frankly it looks like nothing was done.

I'm not happy with their service and I wouldn't recommend going there, I've had 2 other co workers complain about their work and question if they actually did any work.
I may end up going to Mot and take a look, though now my car is out of the 20k warranty it sucks :(