PDA

View Full Version : my MS3 feels slow...

JashiK
03-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Since I got my ecu reflashed from the recall my car feels slower... anyone feel the same or differ?
I'm sure it's not because i'm used to the power of the car.

RX9
03-01-2008, 11:03 PM
whats the recall about?

JashiK
03-01-2008, 11:20 PM
hey RX9
I found it here...
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=21498

When it's cold our cars sometimes throw a certain CEL code.

Unoriginalusername
03-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I didn't really feel a difference when i got mine done if that helps

JashiK
03-02-2008, 09:45 AM
it doesn't help james cuz mine still feels slow. :P

RX9
03-02-2008, 09:58 AM
maybe mine was slow, the dealer had that done before i pick it up. if this helps?

JashiK
03-02-2008, 10:12 AM
b4 i got it done getting into the triple digits X2 was pretty effortless. After I got the recall done it just seems it takes a lot longer than what I remember.

Wild Weasel
03-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I felt that mine shifted smoother after the recall. That was about the only thing I noticed.

JashiK
03-02-2008, 12:15 PM
hmm...
WW so u didn't notice anything with the kick of the turbo?
I guess it's just me then...

WhiteSpeed3
03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
u prob got used to the power when i first got my car and i pushed it i would get some butterflies but now i think its slow but everyone else says its the same

Wild Weasel
03-03-2008, 07:58 AM
hmm...
WW so u didn't notice anything with the kick of the turbo?
I guess it's just me then...

Nope. This may be all in my head, but after the reflash I felt like the throttle was being better managed during shifts.

Before the reflash, it seemed there was a noticable loss of power when you let off the throttle to shift, like the pressure was let off and there was a bit of lag as it had to rebuild.

I suspect that with the reflash, the throttle might be staying open a little more initially during a shift so boost is retained or something. There just doesn't seem to be the same lag on somewhat aggressive shifts.

Before, I'd have to stay in the throttle throughout the shift to get it hard and smooth. Now I find it's not as necessary.

CanadaGTO
03-03-2008, 08:01 AM
For some reason it seemed mine had a little more pull after the flash. But the main difference was how smooth it was.

Of course, it could be all in my head :)

Wild Weasel
03-03-2008, 08:04 AM
For some reason it seemed mine had a little more pull after the flash. But the main difference was how smooth it was.

Of course, it could be all in my head :)

Well that's at least two of us feeling what sounds like the same thing.

Unoriginalusername
03-03-2008, 08:05 AM
if it does feel slow, nothing a cai and tbe can't fix lol

Garu
03-03-2008, 09:37 AM
You should be careful of... if you're actually feeling MS3 slow or if you are now so used to the power.
If it's the case of latter, go drive a civic for a week.

Unoriginalusername
03-03-2008, 09:37 AM
You should be careful of... if you're actually feeling MS3 slow or if you are now so used to the power.
If it's the case of latter, go drive a civic for a week.

or an 89 oldsmobile from november to next month :bang

Garu
03-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Hahaha, poor guy...
But look on the bright side James, your car will be free of salt and other crap from winter roads!

Unoriginalusername
03-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Hahaha, poor guy...
But look on the bright side James, your car will be free of salt and other crap from winter roads!

true... i actually recomend the beater thing seriously. Driving the speed everyday you start to take it for granted and think hmm that evo, or sti, or 135i would be nice and start getting crazy trade in ideas in your head only to find that with the next car you'll start thinking the same.

Having not had the speed for a long time now i am really looking forward to having it back, makes you appreciate it more which is a good thing

JashiK
03-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think it's because i'm used to the power. The pick up on the car felt a bit better today. I'm not sure if it's because it's about 6 degrees out, but the pull felt better.

JashiK
03-03-2008, 01:03 PM
hey james did you get to see your car over the weekend?

Unoriginalusername
03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
hey james did you get to see your car over the weekend?

no

JashiK
03-03-2008, 01:49 PM
boo... that's kool.

brecker
03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
It's just the cold weather and our "confused" ECU. My car came alive once again when it hit +11 the other day.

azn_outlaw
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
its just the weather Dave...cold air and a turbo car does not mix, something about the car running to lean or rich...cant remember one of the two, sensors begin to adjust to this and then this adjustment would lead to feel your car is a little bit slower

But why not hand me the keys, I will till you if it is slower or faster.... :P

Wild Weasel
03-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Huh?? Cold air is great for boosted cars!! So long as the car is warmed up, it should love the cold air. Of course, winter tires don't lend themselves to taking advantage of this...

dustyrhodes
03-07-2008, 01:30 PM
i noticed that too, some days my engine wont even get fully heated because of my cold air intake, cars are very funny with air temps, there is a very small window that they work best in wait till the end of the winter on a day when it is about +1 and the mazda will be rocking the sh*t....just think of it like a human, when its too cold its hard to get a lot of air in our lungs and same when its too hot, but on a nice fall day you breath perfect, same thing with cars, the air should be dense but not too dense, you may also be getting close to a oil change!