PDA

View Full Version : How much could I sell Speed 3 Rims for?

kid_icarus
03-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I was originally going to powdercoat but may just go with new rims. ***RIMS ONLY*** I'm keeping my tires as they have some decent tread life left on them.

I'm curious how much I can probably get for the rims. Was hoping to sell them for bout $750 ish as starting price.

They are all in perfect condition except for a minor curb rash on one of them right at where the rim meets the tore, which i'm more than happy to have 'smoothened" out.

Let me know guys. The wheels are in storage so i don't wanna post them up for "sale" yet cuz i can't take pictures until its warmer. but your help would give me a good idea.

And if anyone "is" interested please free to let me know.

FLIPDADY
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I was originally going to powdercoat but may just go with new rims.

I'm curious how much I can probably get for the rims. Was hoping to sell them for bout $750 ish as starting price.

They are all in perfect condition except for a minor curb rash on one of them right at where the rim meets the tore, which i'm more than happy to have 'smoothened" out.

Let me know guys. The wheels are in storage so i don't wanna post them up for "sale" yet cuz i can't take pictures until its warmer. but your help would give me a good idea.

And if anyone "is" interested please free to let me know.
If you're willing to let them go for that price I'm sure you'll have a buyer right away.

kid_icarus
03-05-2008, 12:01 PM
No tires.
Just rims only.

Joe, were you thinking rims and tires or just rims?

FLIPDADY
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
No tires.
Just rims only.

Joe, were you thinking rims and tires or just rims?
No you just mentioned rims right?

IMO, that's a good price for just the rims.

kid_icarus
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah i only said rims haha. but lars asked if it included tires so i'm not sure if i was clear or not.
i edited first post to make it clear lol

3GFX
03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Sounds about right to me, I'd go 800. Then if it doesn't sell you can lower it. To be honest any price between 500 - 800 is definitly gonna sell.

kid_icarus
03-05-2008, 02:21 PM
yeah i was thinking of starting aroudn 800 but didn't want ppl to crucify me for thinking of such a high price... wasn't sure what was going rate.

chinsterr
03-05-2008, 02:51 PM
yeah i was thinking of starting aroudn 800 but didn't want ppl to crucify me for thinking of such a high price... wasn't sure what was going rate.

my pitchfork is ready if you blurt out $1600....

Unoriginalusername
03-05-2008, 02:55 PM

this isn't for sale by committe lol, 1000 might sell in a week or two, 800 will be gone within 24 hours

kid_icarus
03-05-2008, 03:16 PM
this isn't for sale by committe lol, 1000 might sell in a week or two, 800 will be gone within 24 hours

lol
it's more of a consultation haha

alright i'm slightly excited to see how much i can get for these bad boys
they're nicely wrapped up and in the garage.

thanks for your inputs so far everyone

UU when are u going to pick up your lip?

Unoriginalusername
03-05-2008, 03:24 PM
lol
it's more of a consultation haha

alright i'm slightly excited to see how much i can get for these bad boys
they're nicely wrapped up and in the garage.

thanks for your inputs so far everyone

UU when are u going to pick up your lip?

couple of weeks

REZXPERT
03-08-2008, 10:10 AM

yeah, cuz the american committee would think you're nuts, Phil: US MPS pricks are selling SETS (ie incl rubber) as low as $500. that's wrong, used or not. (i'm sure you've seen them too, James). $3000/set some dealerships here or something stupid like that? < now THAT's just wrong.

Unoriginalusername
03-08-2008, 10:11 AM
yeah, cuz the american committee would think you're nuts, Phil: those US MPS pricks are selling SETS (ie incl rubber) as low as $500. i'm sure you've seen them too, James. that's wrong, used or not. $3000/set through Mazda or something like that? < now THAT's just wrong.

post more pics of your rims :hawt

REZXPERT
03-08-2008, 10:23 AM
post more pics of your rims :hawt

i will after a decent wash & detail.... ie, in two months at the rate things are going weather-wise. and i'm not driving her in these conditions on our stock tires...worst traction in the history so she's in 'storage' ...... a la James (actually, heated underground parking... i moved into a condo/townhome this week). my place of f/t employment is down the street from my house.. 5min walk:)

how anyone could drive our rides without winters is beyond me. then again, the coilovers aren't helping my traction, i'm guessing.

REZXPERT
03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
oh, and just another reminder... the master magician's shop:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/tragikgogo/IMG_0557.jpg

who's volunteering to make a similar sign for Jimmy @StreetPerformance?