PDA

View Full Version : Rattle in front right coner

hood
03-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey guys,

i was driving around the other day and i noticed a rattle coming from the front right side of my 3. i cleared out my glove box to make sure nothing was rattling in there. I brought it to the dealership and they said it was a control arm, my friend (not a good mechcanical source) said it couldnt be that. Does anyone know if the dealership is right or not?

Thanks

McGuyver_3
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
personally i would think it would be a stabilizer link because those are usually the first to start making noise. Maybe the dealer meant control arm bushings?

Malcolm991
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey guys,

i was driving around the other day and i noticed a rattle coming from the front right side of my 3. i cleared out my glove box to make sure nothing was rattling in there. I brought it to the dealership and they said it was a control arm, my friend (not a good mechcanical source) said it couldnt be that. Does anyone know if the dealership is right or not?

Thanks

Take your car to Erin mills mazda. I had the exact problem and it should be on file because it is rare. They had my car for 2 days before they found something became loose on the inside of my dash

hood
03-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Take your car to Erin mills mazda. I had the exact problem and it should be on file because it is rare. They had my car for 2 days before they found something became loose on the inside of my dash

ya!! thats where i thought it was coming from so i emptied my glove department and it still made the noise so i figured it was the suspension. Ill mention that next time i go there.

hood
03-22-2008, 01:54 PM
my stupid ballist came loose and was just touching the body of the car everytime i went over a bump lol

cwp_sedan
03-22-2008, 02:16 PM
lol...well at least you found out what the sound was. :)

hood
03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
haha ya and i got a free control arm outa it

Aggy
05-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey guys,

i was driving around the other day and i noticed a rattle coming from the front right side of my 3.

I'm getting this sound now as well!