PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE of WILLIAMS towing

drunkmunky
04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Ok guys

Thursday Morning
I went and called Williams Towing company to get my car delivered to Mr. Autobody up on McCowan Road. Mr Autobody was a friends recommendation and it is a one man show that does good work on a secure barn site opposite of Markham Fair Grounds. There is a bloody German Shepard that will eat anyone alive and gates, and the land owner lives on the property.

The car was picked up at 6 a.m. to be delivered to Mr. Autobody. I called Williams towing at 10 o'clock to confirm that the car was dropped off, they said yes. I then called Mr. Autobody right after, and they had identified that my car was no where in sight.

I called Williams towing again, and the dispatch and myself realized that the tow truck driver had dropped it off NOT at the designated location, but across the street.

Williams towing and the truck driver proceeded to correct the mistake after I called, and everything seemed fine and dandy.

I went over to Mr. Autobody on friday to drop off the money for the repairwork, and I had taken pictures of inside the hood, and the pictures are digital and dated.

I just got my car towed back to my house by the same towing company and even the same driver. I quickly found out that my catch can, my fuse box and my fuses had been pulled out of my hood. I have pictures from friday verifying that the components are missing and George from Mr. autobody is willing to put down a police statement.

Markham fair grounds was also called during the incident and they acknowledge that my vehicle was dropped off at there property instead of the bodyshop.

BEWARE OF THIS TOWING COMPANY. I have already called and told them that they need to resolve this issue and this entire issue is under their liability. George at mr. autobody is willing to leave a statement. I just want the parts back, and they aren't very expensive, just a catch can, a fuse holder, and 2 anl fuses. I don't even blame the thief that stole the components, whether it be a random one at the markham fair grounds or the tow truck driver himself, but ultimately, it was the tow truck drivers mistake that has lead to this incident, and they are liable, and i am looking for a nice and clean resolution.

TurboEight
04-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I had my entire stereo system stolen by a towing company as well....

Good luck...

Lost like 2Gs of stereo..

McGuyver_3
04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
every time my car got towed i always removed my headunit

x_o_k_x
04-01-2008, 10:32 PM
wow what a bad experience for you. Never even thought that this could even happen. I always go with a truck driver.. But in your case, I guess you had no choice but to leave your car. Its a good thing you took pictures. Why were you towing your car? Hope everything turns out well for you. Good luck!

dentinger
04-01-2008, 10:38 PM
so wait.
cliffs notes are:
-car towed to fair grounds
-car towed to mr autobody, pictures taken
-car towed back to your house
-catchcan. fuse box, and fuses are missing.

how do you know the tow truck driver took them, and not the autobody guy? or even some random person at the fairgrounds or watever?

Notorious MS3
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Yea thats terrible, good thing you took those pictures thou. Hope everything works out.

queens49
04-01-2008, 11:51 PM
so wait.
cliffs notes are:
-car towed to fair grounds
-car towed to mr autobody, pictures taken
-car towed back to your house
-catchcan. fuse box, and fuses are missing.

how do you know the tow truck driver took them, and not the autobody guy? or even some random person at the fairgrounds or watever?

I agree with you here. It seems like the stuff was missing from the time it was at Mr. Autobody to the time it was towed back to your house. Nothing happened during the time it was sitting at Markham Fair grounds, unless you never noticed it when you were taking pictures.

TurboEight
04-02-2008, 02:15 AM
I think he meant that stuff was lost at markham fair grounds...and it's drivers mistake in the first place that towed it there instead of Mr autobody..

therefore it was the drivers/tow company fault.

drunkmunky
04-02-2008, 09:03 AM
I think he meant that stuff was lost at markham fair grounds...and it's drivers mistake in the first place that towed it there instead of Mr autobody..

therefore it was the drivers/tow company fault.

That is correct. I don't think I'll be able to get my money back, but I'm posting on every single forum in the GTA, I'm also going to file a report on both companies, the BBB as well as file a police report tonight.

I'm also printing out every single post I've made in every single forum and then bringing it to the tow company to identify that when you are paid for a service, and you eff up, and you are liable, there will be repercussions for your mistakes.

3GFX
04-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Wow, I hope you get the parts and money back. That sucks bro.

WLS ZMZM
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
yikes that stinks.... I'm assuming you didn't go with the tow truck to drop it off?? Thats too bad to hear Williams is a pretty reputable towing company... ever think of getting a CAA membership *sorry shameless plug* some tow truck companies are quite scuzzy......

WLS ZMZM
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
yikes that stinks.... I'm assuming you didn't go with the tow truck to drop it off?? Thats too bad to hear Williams is a pretty reputable towing company... ever think of getting a CAA membership *sorry shameless plug* some tow truck companies are quite scuzzy......If you are ever in doubt about who to call for a tow.. you can still call CAA and they can give you a number for recommeneded towing