PDA

View Full Version : brown tires

fourtrack78
04-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Before I buy new tires (waiting for my new neighborhood to develop more), my current tires look brown on the walls. Can I make them look black again? Any recommendations?

Kevin@nextmod
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
All that brown is probably from tire shines (correct me if i'm wrong). I find spray nine helps a bit and thats all i have in my garage.

x_o_k_x
04-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Sounds like one of the tire shines after effect.. Use any tire shines to make them black again like ArmorAll

kaval
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
that is the ill-effect of a non-water based tire shine. You're going to have to get some All Purpose Cleaner or Tire cleaner and scrub scrub scrub. It took me 4 weeks of continuous cleaning to get the brown out of my mom's old car's tires.

Use a water-based tire dressing like Optimum Opti-Bond.
http://www.eshine.ca/OPTG-optimum_optibond_tire_gel_32oz.html

Make sure to clean the tires properly before adding any tire shine on again. You'll be sealing in the dirt and making the problem worse over time.

Generally stay away from those clear gel looking tire shines. The ones that are okay to get are sort of a milky liquid.

x_o_k_x
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
that is the ill-effect of a non-water based tire shine. You're going to have to get some All Purpose Cleaner or Tire cleaner and scrub scrub scrub. It took me 4 weeks of continuous cleaning to get the brown out of my mom's old car's tires.

Use a water-based tire dressing like Optimum Opti-Bond.
http://www.eshine.ca/OPTG-optimum_optibond_tire_gel_32oz.html

Make sure to clean the tires properly before adding any tire shine on again. You'll be sealing in the dirt and making the problem worse over time.

Generally stay away from those clear gel looking tire shines. The ones that are okay to get are sort of a milky liquid.

You seem very experience in detailing, what do you recommend?
Also you could just simply wait and after few car washes it'll come off by itself in a matter of time

Flagrum_3
04-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Sounds like one of the tire shines after effect.. Use any tire shines to make them black again like ArmorAll

+1, I'd recommend the same fourtrack, only because your neighborhood is still being developed and the tires will probably get dirty pretty fast.Buy a big can of ArmourAll tire protectant, its easy to apply, takes only seconds and will last a couple of washes....basically no hassle.

_3