PDA

View Full Version : Mazda upgrade high pressure fuel pump? TSB for MS3/MS6

yellowmp5
04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
is this legit? too good to be true?
any inputs?

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2007-2008 Mazdaspeed3 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1BK**** ** 859606 (produced before November
2007)
2006-2007 Mazdaspeed6 vehicles
2007-2008 CX-7 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3ER**** ** 196510 (produced before November 19, 2007)

DESCRIPTION
Due to low fuel pressure at the high-pressure fuel pump, some vehicles may experience the following:
• Rough idle, stall, and/or hesitation under cold conditions.
• Intermittent lack of power during acceleration when the engine gets hot.
• MIL turns on with DTC P2177/P2187 (fuel system too lean at off idle).

TSB: ROUGH IDLE, LACK OF POWER, AND/OR MIL ON WITH DTC P2177/P2187 (FUEL
SYSTEM LEAN) (http://www.o-m-g-w-t-f.com/stuff/Mazdaspeed6/01-022-08-1919b%5B1%5D.pdf)

WhiteSpeed3
04-07-2008, 11:28 PM
not sure but i got those codes before

Fobio
04-08-2008, 01:30 AM
If someone from a reputable dealer will speak on this, I will take my car to them.

brecker
04-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Very interesting..

Anyone recieve this? Where did you find this?

Garu
04-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Even if it exists, this is a TSB not a recall. Unless you have one of those symptoms I don't think they will fix it.

Unoriginalusername
04-08-2008, 08:27 AM
interesting

Fobio
04-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Waiting for someone to go to a dealer and say "yeah...it was lean on the dyno after I installed the AP and it's running a little lean with a rough idle...eat this TSB!"

Seriously tho...anyone have these symptoms? Can you describe?

RX9
04-08-2008, 09:32 AM
my car runs too rich, i want leaner a little bit.

REZXPERT
04-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Waiting for someone to go to a dealer and say "yeah...it was lean on the dyno after I installed the AP and it's running a little lean with a rough idle...eat this TSB!"

Seriously tho...anyone have these symptoms? Can you describe?

i guess you saw my dyno. that reminds me, my car runs like shit. callin up Whitby Mazda today.

brecker
04-08-2008, 10:20 AM
i guess you saw my dyno. that reminds me, my car runs like shit. callin up Whitby Mazda today.

Keep us "posted"

Unoriginalusername
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I got an answer, nothing for mazda canada yet... BUT the reflash was the same, about three weeks behind the US recall FYI

SP33D 3
04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
wasn't the recall the replacement of the purge valve? or was it just a reflash?

boogie
04-08-2008, 09:23 PM
interesting...i wouldn't mind getting a new hpfp. I wonder how hard it would be to fake the symptoms listed...LOL

Unoriginalusername
04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
interesting...i wouldn't mind getting a new hpfp. I wonder how hard it would be to fake the symptoms listed...LOL

i don't need to fake them lol

boogie
04-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Any updates on this for Canada?

brecker
04-14-2008, 12:58 PM
No. Canada seems to be 4-6 weeks behind the US when releasing these.

Stay tuned...

Garu
04-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Don't get too excited about them either. This is TSB not a recall, unless the dealer can duplicate the problem as stated, they will not perform any work on your car.
The best bet is if your car throws the CEL code as indicated, they will for sure perform the work.

Unoriginalusername
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
i am getting fuel cuts for some reason, seems to be the cobb sri since i didn't have any last year with the ms cai

kid_icarus
04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
i wonder if my relatively slow launches is a result of this
sometimes off a full stop i feel it takes the car quite a while to get going.. it's not usually until i get to third and really punch it am i able to really get the thing going.
maybe it's just my bad driving...

Unoriginalusername
04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
i wonder if my relatively slow launches is a result of this
sometimes off a full stop i feel it takes the car quite a while to get going.. it's not usually until i get to third and really punch it am i able to really get the thing going.
maybe it's just my bad driving...

i only get it on the hwy in 5th/6th gear if i accel a bit

Pilzz
04-14-2008, 03:41 PM
i only get it on the hwy in 5th/6th gear if i accel a bit

I do as well, and I have an MS CAI. I think it is the ecu and not the pump. waiting for the AP and hopefully it fixes that problem.

royroy
04-14-2008, 03:42 PM
i get hesitation when the car is running cold.. n i still have it..
for some reason.. the dealer reflashed my ecu.. n the car seems to run a lil better/ smoother n the exhaust is softer.. but then after 2 days.. the car just get louder.. n hesitate more..

Unoriginalusername
04-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I do as well, and I have an MS CAI. I think it is the ecu and not the pump. waiting for the AP and hopefully it fixes that problem.

i didn't really drive it much after that reflash before parking it, is it the reflash that is causing it?

alhope34
04-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Maybe I'm just really lucky, but I've never had boost/fuel cut and my car never seems to hesitate. When the car is cold, I never get it above 2500 rpm anyway. I'd be more worried of hurting the engine rather than hesitation before it is up to proper operating temperatures.

kid_icarus
04-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Maybe I'm just really lucky, but I've never had boost/fuel cut and my car never seems to hesitate. When the car is cold, I never get it above 2500 rpm anyway. I'd be more worried of hurting the engine rather than hesitation before it is up to proper operating temperatures.

urs is way past the date of the problem vehicles anyways isin't it?

alhope34
04-14-2008, 07:02 PM
No, my 08 was made in July of 07. I just checked my ownership and my VIN falls under what the OP said. I got my car in October, so I knew it was produced before November, haha.

kid_icarus
04-14-2008, 07:04 PM
No, my 08 was made in July of 07. I just checked my ownership and my VIN falls under what the OP said. I got my car in October, so I knew it was produced before November, haha.

lol dang i thought most of the 08's would've been okay

oneurt
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
My 08 is fine and it was a September 07 build. We picked up in up November of last year. But like most of the replies have said, its only a TSB and not a recall. So if the car isn't making any of those signs I wouldn't really worry too much about it. Mine you my car only has 4000 miles on it, so it might do it later on.

mousaillon
04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
you see i did got those symptome when im in 6 gear and the deale in canada said everything is okay with the car because it doesnt do it all the time

mousaillon
04-15-2008, 11:26 PM
from what im reading on the us forum mazda3forum.com

their will be a reflash on our ecu and then if the probleme stil goes on then changeing the pump will fix it but nothing is yet hire in the canadien dealer for a reflash right

boogie
05-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm gonna bump this back up due to certain members of this forum having issues w/ the stock fuel pump.

Has this TSB been made official in Canada yet? I know a couple members mentioning getting the PCM flash, but I'm wondering if that was in fact the same as the TSB in the US?

streetwerks
05-11-2008, 09:39 PM
yes the tsb is in canada as of now. i have performed it on a few cars including my own. slight noticeable changes. mazda is very sticky with what can be performed. so unfortunatly most of them will get just the reflash but if there is something wrong with the pump we will take care of it

yellowmp5
05-11-2008, 10:25 PM
yes the tsb is in canada as of now. i have performed it on a few cars including my own. slight noticeable changes. mazda is very sticky with what can be performed. so unfortunatly most of them will get just the reflash but if there is something wrong with the pump we will take care of it

good to hear that, but is there any pdf or letters?

brecker
05-12-2008, 08:36 AM

Sorry - Are you a dealer? If so, which one?

Fobio
05-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Sorry - Are you a dealer? If so, which one?

+1...and hopefully you're somewhere in GTA!

streetwerks
05-12-2008, 11:38 PM
i am at the ajax dealership

brecker
05-15-2008, 03:37 PM
i am at the ajax dealership

Can you help me get past some of the red tape to get this flash??

My "local" dealer is running me around BIG time!! :flaming

mleblond
05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
yeah my dealer wants nothing to hear about this lol
i asked him for it and he keeps telling no..old man getting on my nerves!

Fobio
05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Can you help me get past some of the red tape to get this flash??

sigh...wouldn't it be nice if he can just post the file up on here and we upload it with the AP...

PM sent.

WhiteSpeed3
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM

same thing with my dealership they said nothing is out for anything like this and if i dont have a prob with my car then they wont do anything or send me any notification

boogie
05-15-2008, 06:45 PM

What are your dealers saying when you ask them about the TSB? Are you explaining to them you're having issues, or are you just asking to have the flash done?

streetwerks
05-18-2008, 02:28 PM
if you just walk in to a dealership and demand the reflash and with no concerns they will just laugh. you need to go in there and state a concern you have with the vehicle and hopefully they will rectify it. unfortunatly it seems that since i have been with mazda (10 years) alot of people(techs) just dont give a **** about anyone else and their car anymore. its just a job not a passion.

Unoriginalusername
05-18-2008, 02:33 PM
i don't believe this FP is in Canada yet, one newb member who works at a dealership doesn't have me sold

streetwerks
05-18-2008, 05:38 PM
well lets see
10 years mazda exp.
8 years master tech
tech supervisor at one of the largest dealers in t.o
plus i have had the pump and flash on my car for week and a half.
i am the one complaining about alot of the othe techs out there not giving a shit about these cars. im just trying to help

Unoriginalusername
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
well lets see
10 years mazda exp.
8 years master tech
tech supervisor at one of the largest dealers in t.o
plus i have had the pump and flash on my car for week and a half.
i am the one complaining about alot of the othe techs out there not giving a shit about these cars. im just trying to help

can you post a copy of your service reciept showing the pump and part number like people in the US have recieved?

FLIPDADY
05-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm sure Mazda is getting ready to release a TSB on this issue.

RX9
05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
can you post a copy of your service reciept showing the pump and part number like people in the US have recieved?

he has all those stuff done. if i didnt remember wrong, there are two relay for the fule system in his speed as well. so far, i will only let him touch my car for the major parts.:)

Unoriginalusername
05-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm sure Mazda is getting ready to release a TSB on this issue.

That i don't doubt, but according to this post it's out now and on his car so i just asked to see the paperwork like people in the US posted up... shouldn't be hard if it is in fact out and the tsb was performed

streetwerks
05-19-2008, 08:45 AM
i will post tsb no. tommorrow

streetwerks
05-19-2008, 08:48 AM
and if you dont believe me i dont care i am just posting this to help you out

Unoriginalusername
05-19-2008, 09:17 AM

I don't doubt that... you said it is out now in Canada, and if that is true there will be a document just like this one: http://www.o-m-g-w-t-f.com/stuff/Mazdaspeed6/01-022-08-1919b%5B1%5D.pdf
TSB# is 01-022/08

And you would have an invoice that looked like this expaining the work done:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/akajioka/scan0001.jpg

mousaillon
05-19-2008, 08:09 PM
i like to tell them exactly the sympthome by can somebody translate this in french so i will be abble to tell this to the dealer thanks

Unoriginalusername
05-19-2008, 09:58 PM
i like to tell them exactly the sympthome by can somebody translate this in french so i will be abble to tell this to the dealer thanks

just copy the text into an online translator if you need to

RX9
05-19-2008, 10:14 PM
its simple, you just need to go to dealer tell them you feel something different on car, ask them to flash for you, if your flue pump has problem, they can change that for ya. i am going to next week sometime.

Unoriginalusername
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
i will post tsb no. tommorrow

any luck? :)

mousaillon
05-20-2008, 06:50 PM
what if i says thet the rpm is moving a little bit and when the car is hot that i did hate about 3-4 time some fuel cut and i did spoke with mazda canada regarding those and their said that there is tsb ???????????????????? is this a good explication witch i cans easyly translate

equipped
06-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Has anyone in Canada been able toget them to replace the fuel pump. I've only noticed the problem for maybe a month now, and it seems to be getting worst. I just took my car in to Agincourt mazda, they still don't have a TSB up here so I guess i'll wait and see.

WhiteSpeed3
06-26-2008, 06:25 PM
nope i was im with a fuel related issue on tuesday and still no TSB

equipped
06-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Just got a call from them. Since they can't replicate it, no issue found.

Getting tired of this, gonna email Mazda Canada now.

Unoriginalusername
06-26-2008, 07:08 PM

wow a month later and nothing... guess someone was full of bs just like i predicted

streetwerks
07-20-2008, 11:49 PM
actually there is no bs here talk to rx9 and brecker they both have it done. im not risking my job at mazda for stupid shit like this

dont be so quick to judge people you dont know it can get you into trouble

Jeff-TheBiz
07-21-2008, 12:08 AM
wow a month later and nothing... guess someone was full of bs just like i predicted

Although I know nothing about the TSB, I can vouch for Streetwerks.

He is one of 25 (IIRC) Mazda Master Technicians in Canada.

As for the TSB being implemented in Canada, no idea... but does Steve know his sh!t? Absolutely.

Unoriginalusername
07-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Although I know nothing about the TSB, I can vouch for Streetwerks.

He is one of 25 (IIRC) Mazda Master Technicians in Canada.

As for the TSB being implemented in Canada, no idea... but does Steve know his sh!t? Absolutely.

i never doubted the part exists, it is all over the US boards with offical mazda documentation. I also never challeged the fact that he knows his mazdas, what was said is that nobody seems to be able to find this in the Mazda Canada system as a recall like it was in the US at this point.

Happy to be proved wrong because I would love to get this done and stop the fuel cut problems i was having in the cooler weather

streetwerks
07-21-2008, 11:46 PM
thank you

brecker
07-24-2008, 08:20 AM
thank you

I'll second, third, and fourth that Streetwerks did this flash to my car amongst other things...

Hey buddy!! Long time no typing:)

Do you do Honda General maintenance as well? (2005 civic) I need some shit done..

Unoriginalusername
07-24-2008, 09:04 AM
If i show up can i get the pump :chuckle

streetwerks
07-27-2008, 10:01 PM
hey mark
long time no talk buisness has been insane no time to get on here. come by the shop some time. turbo miata all done.
as for the pump its case by case. have to see the car first

Unoriginalusername
07-27-2008, 10:15 PM
which dealership are you at?

Fobio
07-27-2008, 11:00 PM
which dealership are you at?

PM is best. :)

Garu
11-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Anybody actually got their MS3 performed this TSB?

royroy
11-29-2008, 06:29 AM
i think i got mine when i got my engine and turbo replaced..

5_Alive
11-29-2008, 07:23 AM
I'm startin' to have the stupid problem too, fuel cuts. Thing stutters like a mofo when I try to give a little bit when its cold out. It doesn't do it all the time, but intermittently and I can tell its fuel. Pretty much hesitates. I've been working so much though I have no time to go in to get mine done.

And Roy, I want to hump your car dude.. f*%k I bought the wrong colour..

alhope34
11-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm startin' to have the stupid problem too, fuel cuts. Thing stutters like a mofo when I try to give a little bit when its cold out. It doesn't do it all the time, but intermittently and I can tell its fuel. Pretty much hesitates. I've been working so much though I have no time to go in to get mine done.

And Roy, I want to hump your car dude.. f*%k I bought the wrong colour..

Mine used to studder and hesitate 50% of the time I would give it a decent amount of gas. I put the air straightener in my CAI and it has yet to studder or hesitate.

Pilzz
11-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Good luck with getting this done espcially if you have mods on your car. I was gonna try and get this done but figured the dealer would say it was the mods. I asked the parts guy how much the OEM pump costs he said $900, WTF. I just decided to go with the CPE hpfp since it has a lifetime warranty.

streetwerks
12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
If anyone is interested in getting their car looked at call Ajax Mazda and book and appt. and specify that you want Steve to only look at it.
Cheers

silvermist99
12-09-2008, 11:55 PM
If anyone is interested in getting their car looked at call Ajax Mazda and book and appt. and specify that you want Steve to only look at it.
Cheers

does your dealership know how to claim warranty for american mazda steve? my car hesitate & jerks a little when cold. My car is from the US, last time I spoked to Gyro mazda those guys had no clue how to do warranty service/tsb on my car and refuse to deal with mazda canada directly:loco Mazda Canada specificly told me to get gyro to call them directly, their service advisors refused to and asked me to get paperwork from mazda canada instead because they are lazy.

streetwerks
12-18-2008, 01:44 PM
it doesnt matter where the car is from. it is a bit of a pain in the ass when its not canadian but it doesnt matter

joeylow
01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
i live in halifax nova scotia, and once i installed my corksport downpipe my car fuel cut like no tomorrow, called to order the pump from cp-e and it was almost $1300 to my door f'n crazy

joeylow
01-02-2009, 09:07 PM
needless to say i have not ordered it yet car is in storage untill mid april anyways

5_Alive
01-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Damn Steve.. I bought my car from you guys at Ajax, great team btw.
I wish I didn't live so far away otherwise I'd be getting my car in there ASAP to get checked. I wish the dealer here in Windsor was as friendly and helpful.

The stalling is a for sure thing, as when its real cold out, and my car is parked outside in the lot (only at work), it starts, then it stalls. Sometimes I have to try one or two times to get it going, or blip the throttle for a split second, and it will stay running. Very strange to say the least. Even does it with the factory airbox in place, no mods, no nothing.

streetwerks
01-03-2009, 11:30 AM
hey thanks for the compliment. the issue with your car stalling on start up doesnt resemble a hpp issue though. i would be looking at a fuel pressure hold issue. take it into your dealer and explain the concern. they should keep it overnight to mimic the situation and should be able to figure it out.

5_Alive
01-04-2009, 05:36 AM
That's what they wanted to do, but its tough being without my car cause of my work schedule, and they have no reason to give me a loaner, nor do I blame them really.
Besides, I think they dislike servicing my car because I didn't buy it from them, so I can't say really.

blackspeed3
01-05-2009, 07:35 PM
i live in halifax nova scotia, and once i installed my corksport downpipe my car fuel cut like no tomorrow, called to order the pump from cp-e and it was almost $1300 to my door f'n crazy

Thats absolute insanity. I'm not even a cheap person and for a fuel pump thats completely retarted!

silvermist99
03-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Cheers

see you on friday @ 11!

streetwerks
03-17-2009, 12:58 PM
great

silvermist99
04-16-2009, 07:04 AM
those stock 07/08. If your engine feels confused and hesitate at times, GET THIS DONE!!!!!!

My car spent two days with Mr. Streetwerks and he totally transformed it!! It drives SOOOO SMOOTH now at part throttle, like a N/A car, or should I say more like a turbo VW lol. Smoother then when it was new, the engine don't feel confused anymore and when I give it part throttle, it gives me part throttle without any vibration/hesitation. Before, sometimes when you give it part throttle, you hear turbo spoons up then engine gets confused and you get a bit of inconsistant power, the car now drives far more responsive.

The revs are far easier to control and reponses faster now, it totally helps shifting smoothly.

Thanks Steve!!

edit: When I say smooth, I don't mean toyota V6 smooth. I mean mazda 4 cyclinder smooth.

kid_icarus
04-16-2009, 09:31 AM
those stock 07/08. If your engine feels confused and hesitate at times, GET THIS DONE!!!!!!

My car spent two days with Mr. Streetwerks and he totally transformed it!! It drives SOOOO SMOOTH now at part throttle, like a N/A car, or should I say more like a turbo VW lol. Smoother then when it was new, the engine don't feel confused anymore and when I give it part throttle, it gives me part throttle without any vibration/hesitation. Before, sometimes when you give it part throttle, you hear turbo spoons up then engine gets confused and you get a bit of inconsistant power, the car now drives far more responsive.

The revs are far easier to control and reponses faster now, it totally helps shifting smoothly.

Thanks Steve!!

edit: When I say smooth, I don't mean toyota V6 smooth. I mean mazda 4 cyclinder smooth.

is mr streetwerks mazda?
sorry i'm confused if we're talking about bringing in the car for the tsb or bringing in the car to get an upgraded high pressure fuel pump with an tuning shop?

Fobio
04-16-2009, 09:57 AM
streetwerks is a well-respected Mazda Tech @ Ajax Mazda. their service dept reads TM3....good ppl from what I've heard.

silvermist99
04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
is mr streetwerks mazda?
sorry i'm confused if we're talking about bringing in the car for the tsb or bringing in the car to get an upgraded high pressure fuel pump with an tuning shop?

streetwerks works at ajax mazda.

My car begun having extreme engine power cut issues early March. It cuts power off so bad I cannot keep up with buses sometimes & even stalled a few times. I took the car in during March break and Steve performed the TSB on my car, first he flashed my car I believe but that didn't fix my problem, so onto the 2nd part which is fuel pump replacement(took a month to get part in). That didn't cure the problem entirely neither, my car was quite messed up. He had to performed more magic on it and now its better than new.

It was a very lengthly process to get my car with serious problem working again, but ajax mazda did it!

kid_icarus
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
ohhh
i had no idea
this is the first time i've come across streetwerks

i get stuttering on low gears and with low gas....
but i've grown accustomed to all this

at this point i don't know what's normal and what's not anymore lol

maybe i'll have this done one day with steve on the weekend.

Zoom Zoom Boy
04-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Streetwerks is a Mazda Master Tech at the Ajax dealership.

clarky99
04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Steve at Ajax Mazda did the fuel pump replacement on mine. Its better than it was but I still gets ome hesitation at highways speeds. I've taken it in maybe 4x with the same issue. Is it possible its the crappy engine mounts giving me the feelign of stuttering or hesitation??

Fobio
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Steve at Ajax Mazda did the fuel pump replacement on mine. Its better than it was but I still gets ome hesitation at highways speeds. I've taken it in maybe 4x with the same issue. Is it possible its the crappy engine mounts giving me the feelign of stuttering or hesitation??

shitty engine mounts = wheel-hop = that unexpected slight stutter (sometimes)...combine that with shitty roads with potholes, gravel and salt all over still, I've told silvermist99 that I get all kinds of "slight hesitations" @ part throttle...I've logged my fuel pressure and it's above 17xx psi @ WOT so I'm not too worried and attribute some of the stutter to bad roads...

I don't get any hesitation at hwy speeds...but sometimes I get a slight "kick" @ 3000rpm...I think that's when the ECU goes from closed to open loop.

-cj-
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I get that same problem around 3000 rpm... I also get hesitation or inconsistent power at partial throttle, but don't have any hesitation on the hwy... I'll have to keep an eye on my fuel pressure at WOT.

Does this problem exist on the 08.5's?

alhope34
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
What's the difference between open and closed loop? I keep seeing everyone talking about it but I have never figured out what it means or what it does, etc. Is it sort of like a VVT system?

mleblond
04-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I get that same problem around 3000 rpm... I also get hesitation or inconsistent power at partial throttle, but don't have any hesitation on the hwy... I'll have to keep an eye on my fuel pressure at WOT.

Does this problem exist on the 08.5's?

No, it was a 07 problem only. As per the TSB anyways. But if it makes you happy, it didn't fix my problem that much...

Fobio
04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
What's the difference between open and closed loop? I keep seeing everyone talking about it but I have never figured out what it means or what it does, etc. Is it sort of like a VVT system?

These are the 2 answers I got on MSF when i asked about the 3K kick:

Timing retard for turbo spool. Mine is amplified for lean spool.

Jeff at PG

The only difference between Open Loop and Closed Loop is that in Open Loop, the ECU does not make short term fueling adjustments based on the O2 Sensor (AFR); in essence, it ignores the O2 sensor and runs solely on the maps. Now, typically, Open Loop Commanded AFRs are richer but this is a not a factor of Closed versus Open Loop. Just to nip it in the bud... closed loop does NOT mean the car is running at stoich. Further, the transition from Closed to Open loop is not based on a specific RPM, per se. It depends on how the maps are laid out and is generally a mix of engine load and engine RPM.

What I believe wassup is referring to, is that by retarding the timing, the EGT tends to be higher, and higher EGT helps spool the turbo.

craigrodrigues88
04-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I am getting this problem on my 08.5 as well. I almost feel like it is non-stop issues with this car

unnervingfalcon
04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
hmm seems my car is on the list. It does run very lean.... exhaust tip is always very black. I've never had idle or power problems. Only incident was in 6th gear when I hit the gas a little hard and it hesitated... (like power then no power) .. very quickly..... I thought it was just because I was running 6th at like 85 kph and then the turbo kicked in.

alhope34
04-16-2009, 09:51 PM
It does run very lean.... exhaust tip is always very black.

A black exhaust tip actually means you are running rich. This is completely normal for an MS3 or any turbo'd car for that matter. If your exhaust does NOT get black then there is a problem.

streetwerks
04-19-2009, 11:33 PM
anyone that thinks they need their car checked out just call up Ajax Mazda and book an appt. make sure you request me and when you come in metion it again. As for Silvermist99`s car it wasn`t just a simple tsb fix unfortunatly it was one simple failed part and caused the failure of another