PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter Issue @ Airport Mazda

3GFX
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
:whoa

I got an oil change at Airport about a month ago, yesterday I noticed that the car was leeking oil. It was coming from the screw within the filter (pictures below). I called up Airport Mazda and they immediatly said to bring the car in anytime. I hurried down there and told them what was up. They took me in right away and discovered it was a cracked filter housing. This was replace as well as an oil change at no charge. I give them credit for being quick and reasonable. They took care of me quite well, although it was a pain to happen in the first place I was pleased they took care of it fast.

:)

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/254/img8017qg3.jpg

Skarbro
04-09-2008, 12:49 PM
This is why I do my oil changes myself.

The person who changed your oil obviously was sloppy and didn't take time to torque it correctly. The torque spec for the filter drain plug is VERY light. If you over torque it, the housing WILL crack.

Wild Weasel
04-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I can't believe they told you to bring it in! They should have sent a tow truck to go get it. Did they at least tell you to check the oil level before driving it over?

3GFX
04-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I offered to drive over, I had plenty of oil and it was a fresh leak. Checked the oil again before they took it in and barely lost any. Caught it early....few.

Hives
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Good stuff!

midnightfxgt
04-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Yikes! That could have ended badly!

I think one of the best things I did was switch to the spin-on housing last summer.

-John