PDA

View Full Version : Questions about TSB

lulu
04-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi,

The TSB's link has been very useful, even though it's a US link. Has anyone brought their Mazda3 to the dealer, and asked for the following fixed at no cost (listed in TSB's)?

WIPER ARM HINGES CORRODED
1 - 2 SHIFT SHOCK
A/C POOR PERFORMANCE
FRONT WIPERS DO NOT WIPE WELL
UNUSUAL NOISE FROM FRONT WIPER LINK

Cheers.

Cardinal Fang
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi,

The TSB's link has been very useful, even though it's a US link. Has anyone brought their Mazda3 to the dealer, and asked for the following fixed at no cost (listed in TSB's)?

1 - 2 SHIFT SHOCK
A/C POOR PERFORMANCE

Cheers.

Without knowing how old your car is I'm going to have to guess.

Never been a problem for me but then again my car is only 1.5 yrs old.

1 - 2 SHIFT SHOCK

First oil change the reflashed my ecu software no charge. Fixed it

A/C POOR PERFORMANCE

There are plenty of discussions about this. Most of it has to do with how people feel about how the a/c performs. Some like me say it's adequate. Others say it's perfect while others say it's lacking. It's subjective and rarely related to a mechanical flaw in the A/C unit so Mazda may say no to this. However, there would be the chance that your does have a problem with the A/C unit in which case depending on how old it is would be covered.

Biggest complaint is that there is not enough pressure. There are ways around this including getting better wipers. I doubt you'll get far with this.

Never heard of this one.

Skarbro
04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
My favourite TSB is

LOOSE NUT BEHIND STEERING WHEEL

mazda lover
04-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Without knowing how old your car is I'm going to have to guess.

Never been a problem for me but then again my car is only 1.5 yrs old.

1 - 2 SHIFT SHOCK

First oil change the reflashed my ecu software no charge. Fixed it

A/C POOR PERFORMANCE

There are plenty of discussions about this. Most of it has to do with how people feel about how the a/c performs. Some like me say it's adequate. Others say it's perfect while others say it's lacking. It's subjective and rarely related to a mechanical flaw in the A/C unit so Mazda may say no to this. However, there would be the chance that your does have a problem with the A/C unit in which case depending on how old it is would be covered.

Biggest complaint is that there is not enough pressure. There are ways around this including getting better wipers. I doubt you'll get far with this.

Never heard of this one.

So after the tranny reflash you have and still don't have the shift shock?
after 2 reflash I still have the hard shift..

Had my wiper arms and blades changed under warranty-TSB
Still sucked, changed to better blades, Reflex
No corrision so far

My A/C was checked and Mazda says it was normal, normal crappy
The 2004 had a defuser plate installed to try and improve the A/C under a TSB

Enji
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
brought it in for
Front wipers don't wipe well
At about under 8k. Mechanic said to wipe the blades.....sure it fixed the problem for one day but I was dissapointed, so I never went back to Markham Mazda again. They didn't even consider replacing the blades.
Wiper Arm Hinges corroded.
I brought this recently to Gyro Mazda, they said it was not covered and not to follow american tbs's and did contact Mazda Canada. they don't apply. So I emailed Mazda Canada they pretty much said the same thing, however in a side note they also said
"We do recommend that you speak with the Service Manager of your local Mazda dealership as he is in the best position to inspect and determine if the rust on the wiper arms can be covered under warranty"
Which leads me to believe if the fought hard enough they could have it settled under warranty. Currently I'm going in to have a rattling noise fixed...at 23k. They where complaining My car is out of the 20k warranty stage, however I've been complaining about rattling since 8k...
good luck in finding getting your car fixed. has to fight for every single problem I've had.

TokyoKiller
06-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Go to Oakville Mazda, and mention you are from TM3. You won't be disappointed.

Fish
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi,

1 - 2 SHIFT SHOCK
A/C POOR PERFORMANCE

Cheers.

I've taken my car into Avante Mazda in Richmond Hill and had the Wiper Arms replaced due to corrosion/rust. Very simple, no hassles.

TheMAN
08-19-2009, 08:37 PM
early 04s have wiper arms that don't apply enough spring tension... so replacing those will also fix any inevitable rust issue with the wiper arms since they all are updated parts now... as for all other cars (including the early 04s), the changing the wiper blades to the 06 and newer ones will fix the poor wiping issue

it is periodically good to recondition the wiper blade rubber with denatured alcohol which helps the blade last a bit longer