PDA

View Full Version : Advance Power House/ Turbo Tech

Kevin@nextmod
05-07-2008, 12:58 AM
I went to these guys today (Brian/Edward) to lower my car since SSG recommended me to go since he brings his IS350 there as well. I usually only go to Motor workshop but they are way too busy so i went to these guys.

I booked an appointment with them at 7:30pm and i was late and they started to work on my car at 8. It took them just a little over an hour to install it and was very careful with what they were doing. After installation they took about an hour and a half to adjust the damper and the ride height for me. They were very patient with my car because they had to pull the wheel out and pull a few bolts out to adjust the height for the back. They were finally done at 11:30 and didn't whine or bitch about taking this long and instaed they were still smiling even tho they didn't eat dinner yet.

After the installation was all done , they took my car for a spin to see if theres any problems. Than handed over the keys to me and smiled.

They do'nt have the best pricing but actually they charge more then other shops but i did pay for what i got and its totally worth it.. I give it a 2 thumbs up!

1217a lawrence avenue west,
toronto ontario
m6a 1e2
416 781 8671

SKYMP3
06-07-2008, 12:49 PM
What is their address and phone #?
Do they open week-end?

How much is their hourly rate?

Kevin@nextmod
06-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Sorry i for the late reply, i don't have there card with me now , i'll find it when i get home. They do open on saturdays to 2pm but if you booked an appointment, they will work over time. As for hourly rate i think they charge $60/h

aylkoo
06-08-2008, 07:55 AM
SSG also recommended me to go to them to install my Eibach prokit ... they are were careful with everything, took their time to do everything right ... took them a bit over an hour to get the springs installed ...

actually, i didn't make an appointment, called the day of to see if they could fit me in and they were very accomodating ... although would recommend to make an appointment with them. Dealt with Edward mainly, he even made a couple of calls to try to get a cheaper price for my cracked windshield, nice guy.

Nextmod
06-24-2008, 02:57 PM
yup they are very careful.

especial when it comes to suspension since they track every week during the summer

baymoe
06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
How much was the install Pearly? I appreciate people who runs a business that respect other people's property.

Kevin@nextmod
06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
I paid about $200 give or take for the install. Just because my car was complicated to adjust the height to the correct setting

baymoe
06-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks Pearly. That's actually not bad at all imo.

Nextmod
06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
ya not just an installation but they tuned his suspension too

bwk
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
+1 for Advance Power House, they do all the work on my car.. Great people working there

jbedford
07-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Can somebody post a telephone number of website for Advance Power House?

Thanks!

Jason

jbedford
07-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Sorry guys - I see Pearly has the info in the first post. My apologies. I'm going to give them a call to see if they can tune my Tein setup.

jason

Nextmod
10-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Their Website is now up and the Dyno is here

http://www.advancepowerhouse.com/

Kevin@nextmod
10-11-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm still waiting to dyno my car...... But these guys are truely awesome.... this is one of 2 places i only go to.

Kevin@nextmod
05-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Finally have time to post this review up.

So i recently went to APH to have them work on my car. I had my coilovers, rims, mount and balance tires, my gauges, and heat wrap my entire turboback exhaust.
My coilovers came late and i was really anxious to install them so i called Brian and asked them if they had time for me on friday since thats my only day off. They were pretty packed up but they know i was anxious so they forced me in. I dropped the car off in the morning around 10am and one of Nextmods employee drove me back up because they said it'll take a while.
Around 4pm they gave me a call that my rims are rubbing my rear quarter so they asked me if i want to roll the fenders and i asked them is it really needed? Edward told me its better to roll it or else you'll be rubbing a lot on the road. So i told them to go ahead with the rolling. At around 6pm they called me and told me they are driving my car back up. Talk about service!! The car was tremendous looking and i was really satisfied on how clean they installed my gauges.

Overall experience was superb and i will for sure go back to them again since i need to get my car tuned there.
Thanks to Brian, Edward, Alic, and Nextmod

Fobio
05-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Brian is a certified EFI tuner...and a proper driver.

-RJ3-
05-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Since I never posted on this thread (created my own) I would like to provide my experience with APH.

Nothing but praise for this group of guys.
I have been getting my work done from them for almost 3 years now and so far never dissapointed.

Brian and his team, especially Alex who does most of the installs make the time go by cracking jokes while working.

They are not only professional at what they do, they make sure they get it right the first time.

My warranty is almost over with mazda, so I will be taking my car here for future part replacement and maintenance.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

FLIPDADY
05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I paid about $200 give or take for the install. Just because my car was complicated to adjust the height to the correct setting
Not bad, still cheaper than what the dealer would charge.

S.F.W.
06-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Want to thank the APH team for great service today. Great service getting my old tires put on my new rims. They were very patient, as there was a screw up on my part, bringing one incorrect tire. Took me about an hour to have someone bring me the correct tire. They were patient with me, even though it was Saturday and I was preventing them from leaving.

Sean80
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
:pics

Dave_The_BMXER
06-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Did my coil-over install, will go back to them for more work. Great guys.

BeEvil
06-16-2010, 09:05 AM
They did a great job on my coilover install as well.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/EvnEvlr/RX8RimsPowderCoated2.jpg

BeEvil

Snotrocket
06-16-2010, 09:15 AM
You have any pictures of the cup holders at night?

-RJ3-
06-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Great group of guys, great service, and always happy to help. You want friendly and professional service that can allow you to see what they do.. *clutch install didn't seem long as I was learning so much from Alec*
thank you again, and will be seeing you for regular service...