PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

ptfire
05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I feel a slight vibration when I am driving at HWY speed. It is not from the wheels needing to be balanced. I am thinking it may be an engine mount. I did have the engine mount recall done but maybe the bolt wasn't torqued to spec. I can feel the vibration in my right foot and through the seat of the car. Has anyone experienced the same?

(2007 Mazdaspeed3)

Fobio
05-08-2008, 03:55 PM
When I bought my SU engine mount from WeatherB, he said he had a problem with vibrations and found that the bolt to the engine mount was twisted/bent.

From my experience, engine vibrations should not increase with the speed of the vehicle. I hope it's not a bent driveshaft...

Good luck!

ptfire
05-08-2008, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Fobio;293582]When I bought my SU engine mount from WeatherB, he said he had a problem with vibrations and found that the bolt to the engine mount was twisted/bent.

From my experience, engine vibrations should not increase with the speed of the vehicle. I hope it's not a bent driveshaft...

Do you know which engine mount had the problem?

Fobio
05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Do you know which engine mount had the problem?

Ok...here's the story...

WeatherB bought an SU engine mount and he experiencing more than normal vibrations. For whatever reason, he decided to chk out the mount and found that the SU mount was bent (this part I'm not 100% sure, cuz he kept the bolt, so I might be wrong that it was the part of the mount that the bolt goes thru that was bent)...

He sent the mount back to SU for RMA and installed some other mount. When the SU unit came back, he decided to not reinstall it and sold it to me...

WeatherB
05-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Ok...here's the story...

WeatherB bought an SU engine mount and he experiencing more than normal vibrations. For whatever reason, he decided to chk out the mount and found that the SU mount was bent (this part I'm not 100% sure, cuz he kept the bolt, so I might be wrong that it was the part of the mount that the bolt goes thru that was bent)...

He sent the mount back to SU for RMA and installed some other mount. When the SU unit came back, he decided to not reinstall it and sold it to me...

I don't think the mount is the problem.

Fobio, here is the whole story... The mount was not bent, but rather it seemed that the two pieces were not parallel. I decided to play it safe and get it checked out by SU under warranty. They replaced the mount but did say that it was "in spec".

Fobio
05-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey man...thanks for clearing it up...I knew I didn't have the whole story...hope I didn't misrepresent you!

WeatherB
05-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey man...thanks for clearing it up...I knew I didn't have the whole story...hope I didn't misrepresent you!

No problem. Just wanted to help ptfire find the root cause.