PDA

View Full Version : SCARY MOMENT! Any electrical problems with Ipod Audiolink?

JuggernautX
05-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Has anyone ever had this happen? The power steering gave while I was driving. A bunch of lights like the battery light and ABS started flashing on the dash and the radio turned off for a second. It's almost like all the electrical died while driving. I noticed while making slow turns that the steering was so stiff. Thank goodness I was driving in a straight line most of the time.

I parked and when I had to drive again everything was fine. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Do any of you Mazda experts know what might have happened and whether this is correctable if it happens again? I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the Audiolink. I just installed it 2 days ago. I also slammed the rear door because I was in a rush to get my daughter to swimming lessons.

x_o_k_x
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I would guess ignition or main fuse??

huyzel
05-08-2008, 11:56 PM
That is rather scary. Still have warranty? Could cost you to pay dealer or mechanic to diagnose electrical. Most places will charge you a fixed amount (#of hours)

I once lost all the lights on my old car... but that was cuz I kicked out the connector thinginy under my dash... LOL