PDA

View Full Version : Reset MILEAGE/ODOMETER back to zero??? Possible??

gogeta2006
05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I posted before telling you guys that OAKVILLE MAZDA said that they were going to give me my new 2008.5 mazda black gt sedan next week. Well, they called me today and said that they dont have it and it will come in 2 weeks fresh of the trailer (what he said) ...then calls in the evening and says there is one available and has about 100+ kms on it.

I was really angry because i have toyota sienna XLE, 2008 toyota camry and both were under 40km; bought NEW (big family).

He, the sales agent said that it was "normal" because testing allocates that much. I think personally thats a load of B.S.

I told him under 20 km or deal off.
He said he'll call back and tell me the "update".

Crappy service i ever seen especially from a car dealership.
Now i wanted to ask you guys can the odometer be reset to zero?
I am just paranoid now that you know...they might..change the kms on it
....is it possible?

What should i do? I personally hate the service from OAKVILLE MAZDA...
The WORST i've seen and experienced yet. I will probably just cancel the deal if this doesnt go through.

Do you guys know the contact for Jeff at MoT.
I could really use a "reliable" sales person not people who don't keep their word and change the date of arrival every phone call.

Thanks in advance for your inputs fellas.

gogeta2006
05-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry for posting in wrong section.

Jeff-TheBiz
05-14-2008, 09:15 PM
What should i do? I personally hate the service from OAKVILLE MAZDA...
The WORST i've seen and experienced yet. I will probably just cancel the deal if this doesnt go through.

Do you guys know the contact for Jeff at MoT.
I could really use a "reliable" sales person not people who don't keep their word and change the date of arrival every phone call.

Thanks in advance for your inputs fellas.

Sorry to hear you are getting the run around.

Just click my signature, it is my email... or you can call me..

Cardinal Fang
05-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I will move the post to the correct section.

You can PM TheBiz (Jeff) for any information. It is illegal for the odometer to be set back to zero or any number for that matter that does not represent the true value of the mileage the car has endured. I don't think this dealership would do that and to insinuate they would is wrong.

Don't over react and just let them know how you feel.

gogeta2006
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for all your replies.
No i am simply asking that is it possible...perhaps my words were misused...for that i apologize and yes i did let them know EXACTLY how i felt of their service...

dentinger
05-14-2008, 10:07 PM
what does it matter?

i realize its a new car, but geeze, your going to put at least 100 kms on it the first day anyways.

gogeta2006
05-14-2008, 10:25 PM
what does it matter?

i realize its a new car, but geeze, your going to put at least 100 kms on it the first day anyways.

maybe but i rather have ME put the mileage on it rather someone else.
A 100km is a little bit too much to pass on "mileage used for testing"
God thats almost 2 round trip to downtown toronto and back to oakville.

QEWmazdaPrez
05-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Gogeta,
We cannot reset the odometer. I'm not sure what has happened, but I'll find out what's going on for you and call you tomorrow. Feel free to PM me with any details or specifics as to what your concerns are.

gogeta2006
05-15-2008, 06:58 PM
So an Update:

I received a call by Jason Guttman, President of the dealership, Oakville Mazda. I told him the entire deal, the hassle, the wait, the unresponsive service. He told me that the staff was new and assured me that he personally looked into it and the car will be here, with me by Monday and apologized for his staff mistake. Also said that the car would have 7 kms on it...after testing (at pickup) near 30-40kms.

Finally, i get some real stuff here!
He texts me the VIN in five minutes which i was telling the staff from day one.
To be very honest, i think the only person really pressing for customer satisfaction is Jason. The staff were only nice and kind until the deal was done but on the phone they were just really really unresponsive unlike Jeff who even was ready to give me the VIN in 6 hours and this too by email not one phone conversation and i told him that. He assured me that measures would be taken to hinder this from resulting in the future and he pressing hard to change a bad image some experiences had brought his dealership.

Really, if Jason was not in this forum (which by the way, i never knew he was), i was just going to call today to cancel my deal and head to MoT but since he called me and gave his assurance that this and all other problems he resolve personally; you gotta give people a second chance especially if their striving hard to make the 'zoom-zoom' experience better.
---------------------------------

I'll post back on Monday with PICS of my BRAND NEW CAR!

---------------------------------

--- Jason, your heart is in the right place. Godwillingly, your honesty and devotion in making your dealership better will soon pay off.

-- A special thanks to Jeff, who is really quick on his toes and for all the help he gave me. God Bless.

-- Last but not least, thanks to all those who replied and tried to help me out in the forums. You guys are wonderful.

mazda lover
05-15-2008, 07:49 PM
what does it matter?

Maybe the car was from another dealer that is 100KM away, they, dealer, did a swap, no biggy for me I would still take the car...100,000KM from now the 100KM will mean nothing
but glad you got what you wanted.

gogeta2006
05-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Maybe the car was from another dealer that is 100KM away, they, dealer, did a swap, no biggy for me I would still take the car...100,000KM from now the 100KM will mean nothing.

Yeah but thats by personal choice. Some would care
others do not.

but glad you got what you wanted.

Thanks, really excited! Can't wait...

Flagrum_3
05-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Congrats glad to hear it all worked out, and I'm with you on the mileage thing; who knows how they drove it would be my concern!

Anyways you get it on Monday, you can make a meet next week with your shiny new 3 :)

_3

gogeta2006
05-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Congrats glad to hear it all worked out, and I'm with you on the mileage thing; who knows how they drove it would be my concern!

Thank you.
Finally someone agrees with me!
Thats right, who knows how they drove it...

Anyways you get it on Monday, you can make a meet next week with your shiny new 3 :)

Yeah! its would be great to meet you guys.
i heard last time you met at trafalgar and dundas (starbucks)...
MAN! thats 10 blocks away from my home. :chuckle

Thanks for your well wishes; will post pics as soon as i get it!

Thrice08
05-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Glad to hear your deal worked out, personally 100km's is pretty low for me to get bent out of shape about but I can understand. This just seems to keep coming up to me it's funny because I have never owned a 'brand-new' vehicle always something about a year old with like 20,000-35,000km's and I have NEVER had a problem. I just think the contrast of my situation to your's is entertaining, your worried about 100km's and I don't start to worry until about 100,000. To each his own, hope you enjoy your 3!

gogeta2006
05-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Glad to hear your deal worked out, personally 100km's is pretty low for me to get bent out of shape about but I can understand. This just seems to keep coming up to me it's funny because I have never owned a 'brand-new' vehicle always something about a year old with like 20,000-35,000km's and I have NEVER had a problem. I just think the contrast of my situation to your's is entertaining, your worried about 100km's and I don't start to worry until about 100,000. To each his own, hope you enjoy your 3!

To each his own, ahh how right you are.
Thank you, i really looking forward to it.

Thrice, you and i, the ballgame is totally different.
- I worry about a 100km because of the concern of its MY NEW car but you are less worried of the 100,000km because you know its a USED car. So its kind of a physiological issue there too!

- You are definitely purchasing it for LESS if its been driven 100,000 km and i am investing more into it. You say you never had a problem which is great because i never had the experience of used car. So i guess were two sides of the same coin. Your reason are as justifiable, as are mine.

Thanks for the well wishes.
I will post pics as soon as i get it!

doughboyr6
05-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Thank you.

see you at the oakville meets, keep an eye in the mini meets section....if you say 10 blocks....i'm guessing west near 3rd line? Thats where I am.

congrats on the car....

gogeta2006
05-17-2008, 04:41 PM
see you at the oakville meets, keep an eye in the mini meets section....if you say 10 blocks....i'm guessing west near 3rd line? Thats where I am.

congrats on the car....

Thank you DoughBoy.
I will definitely keep my eye on that section!
Close...but i live 3 blocks from the intersection Trafalgar and glenashton drive.

Mini meets are great way to get to know each other.
Only thing i am scared about is using it for University of Toronto at missisauga ...There are many horrible individuals that will scratch up new cars. My Toyota Sienna was scratched although it not much of 'jealous' material car.

Hope it can keep it safe.
Look forward to meeting you at the meet sometime, Doughboy!

doughboyr6
05-17-2008, 04:46 PM
wow, you're super close...

SP33D 3
05-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Thank you.

i agree wiht this... one time i was taking my parents car to a dealership and i was driving fast with this guy who had a similar modeled car with dealer plates on... after i got to the dealership i found out the same guy was delivering that car to someone who purchased that car brand new

gogeta2006
05-17-2008, 09:55 PM
i agree wiht this... one time i was taking my parents car to a dealership and i was driving fast with this guy who had a similar modeled car with dealer plates on... after i got to the dealership i found out the same guy was delivering that car to someone who purchased that car brand new

My point exactly.
Yeah. Thats a no-no.
Its not the fear of 100kms on it, its the fear how it driven to it.

S.F.W.
05-18-2008, 01:31 AM
since this has been resolved, I'm locking the thread.