PDA

View Full Version : Long waits for Oil/filter change.

Dan Da Man
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM
This drives me nuts.

Ive been to 3 different mazda dealerships for oil changes. brampton, airport and toronto. Toronto being the quickest and easiest to deal with i must say. Airport is the worst dealership ive been to period and i will never go back there. and brampton seems ok but very slow. still it seems that everytime i go for a oil change it takes well over an hour to get my car back. wtf is up with that somebody tell me there is a dealership that can do it in shorter time than an hour. i also asked mazda of brampton to change my CAI filter while they were under my car and they told me it would be an extra 1.5 hours. are you shitting me??? it took me 1 hour to instal it why wold it take 1.5 hours to change the filter? and i dont even have a hoist! rediculous. if it takes Mr.lube 15-25min to change my oil why does mazda take an hour or more?

Re-god-damn-dic-u-lous.

BETRTHNU
05-23-2008, 02:48 PM
This drives me nuts.

Ive been to 3 different mazda dealerships for oil changes. brampton, airport and toronto. Toronto being the quickest and easiest to deal with i must say. Airport is the worst dealership ive been to period and i will never go back there. and brampton seems ok but very slow. still it seems that everytime i go for a oil change it takes well over an hour to get my car back. wtf is up with that somebody tell me there is a dealership that can do it in shorter time than an hour. i also asked mazda of brampton to change my CAI filter while they were under my car and they told me it would be an extra 1.5 hours. are you shitting me??? it took me 1 hour to instal it why wold it take 1.5 hours to change the filter? and i dont even have a hoist! rediculous. if it takes Mr.lube 15-25min to change my oil why does mazda take an hour or more?

Re-god-damn-dic-u-lous.

Sucks that it takes that long, but they can get quite busy...and dude...I would never let anyone from Mr.Lube touch my car...There's an ex lube guy on a prelude site I'm on and even he wouldn't get his car done there.

FLIPDADY
05-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Just a small tidbit of info. It was these quick lube places that were putting on the wrong spin-on filters for the 2.0 models when they first came out. I remember we did quite a few engines during that time.

If you can't bring it into Mazda I would suggest you DIY. That way you know what's goining on.

Wild Weasel
05-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Do you make an appointment beforehand?

Last one I got was at Avante and I was out in about a half hour or so.

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah Agincourt does take a long time. Its either i watch what ever crappy show thats on that beautiful hdtv they have or take a peek at the girl in the collision centre. She's easy on the eyes lol

Dan Da Man
05-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Maybe they just don't like me, no one else seems to have a problem.

Speaking of easy on the eyes theres one at MOT, i think i got caught staring a few times. wooops.

and no im not talking about you Joe. bahaha

TheProfessor
05-27-2008, 11:57 AM
I used to think that the hour it took Mazda was long, until I started getting my service done at Acura for my TSX. It takes nearly two hours for an oil and filter change! The dealership won't book appointments for their Type A service (basically an oil and filter change), but instead promotes drop in anytime service.

What a dumb concept, come whenever you want, but be prepared to wait two hours for 15 minutes worth of work.

Wild Weasel
05-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah, that's retarded!!

sicsol
05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
It's my option, I find the westend dealers great - (Oakville Mazda & or Select Mazda)