PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Mazda Service Shop

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey guys and gals. My warranty is running out soon and I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a reputable shop that I can use as an alternative to service my 3 other than Mazda. Thanks!

Noisy Crow
05-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Where are you?

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 11:39 AM
404 and Finch area

FLIPDADY
05-23-2008, 12:03 PM
If your warranty is running out then why not check if there's any issues you can fix before it does? Are you looking for genereal maintenance?

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 12:54 PM
If your warranty is running out then why not check if there's any issues you can fix before it does? Are you looking for genereal maintenance?

Pretty much. Everything on the car seems ok except for one issue that for the life of me I cannot get resolved. I purchased a set of hawk brake pads for the rear and got them installed by shop out in Markham (Hwy 7 & McCowan). 3 weeks later I noticed a loud hissing sound but thought it was something else i was hearing. 15 mins later i realized it was coming from my car and whenever I tapped the brake it would go away. I brought the car to Agincourt to duplicate the sound and for the life of me the car would not.

Eventually the noise stopped at high speeds, however, sometimes when the car is just coasting (20 -30kmh) or reversing the loud hissing/squealing noise comes back. Last time I was at Agincourt Mazda getting a tire rotation and oil change I asked them to see if they can check it out again and they said they'd charge me to do so.

Sorry for the novel but if anyone would possibly know what the heck might be causing the noise it would be greatly appreciated.

FLIPDADY
05-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Where is the sound coming from?

midnightfxgt
05-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Sounds almost like the caliper is sticking and the pads is making noise at low speed?

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Sounds almost like the caliper is sticking and the pads is making noise at low speed?

Possibly, not sure. I just know that whenever I tap the brakes it goes away. Agincourt Mazda said they couldnt see anything or hear anything. Its a very intermittent problem and it comes and go's when it pleases. It annoys me to no end.

CanadaGTO
05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Possibly, not sure. I just know that whenever I tap the brakes it goes away. Agincourt Mazda said they couldnt see anything or hear anything. Its a very intermittent problem and it comes and go's when it pleases. It annoys me to no end.

I'd concur..... sounds like a sticking caliper.

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd concur..... sounds like a sticking caliper.

Does the caliper now need to be replaced?

Donutz
05-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I'd think servicing the caliper would be a better starting point rather than replacing it. If you don't know how to do it yourself, ask the dealer. I don't believe it is excessively expensive.

Noisy Crow
05-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Does the caliper now need to be replaced?

Probably just needs cleaning and lubrication. Might be worth replacing the pads while it's appart though, depending on how much life is left on them. Will cost a bit more now (need to do both sides) but save some later.

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 06:31 PM
thanks for all your help guys.

Gods Son
05-23-2008, 06:35 PM
But back to my original question...do you guys know of any reputable shops? lol

S.F.W.
05-24-2008, 12:33 AM
But back to my original question...do you guys know of any reputable shops? lol

Street Performance - Jimmy.

Flagrum_3
05-24-2008, 08:39 AM
I would suggest before your warranty is up, take it to your dealer and have them check it! There has been some talk on other forums about parking brake seizing problems which could cause noise but nevertheless whatever is wrong could possibly be covered under warranty and fixed at no cost plus I would have them do a full check of the car, seeing as your warranty is almost up, it would be worth it imo.

_3

FLIPDADY
05-24-2008, 10:03 AM
I would suggest before your warranty is up, take it to your dealer and have them check it! There has been some talk on other forums about parking brake seizing problems which could cause noise but nevertheless whatever is wrong could possibly be covered under warranty and fixed at no cost plus I would have them do a full check of the car, seeing as your warranty is almost up, it would be worth it imo.

_3

+1

Me thinks your brake cables are done. We've been doing quite a few recently.

Gods Son
05-25-2008, 07:50 PM

_3

Interesting you mentioned that cause I also remember now that during the colder weather when I released my e-brake there was a sound almost like the brakes were "unsticking" (Quite abrupt) when I started reversing. That pulus i noticed when the car is in gear and the e-brake is up, lets say im getting something out of the back seat, i can hear the brakes sort of creaking or basically there's very slight movement. This would be covered under warranty?

Hey Flipdady, could I bring the car to MoT versus Agincourt to have this checked out. There are a couple of ppl at Agincourt that are ok but all in all I think there service sucks.

Flagrum_3
05-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Interesting you mentioned that cause I also remember now that during the colder weather when I released my e-brake there was a sound almost like the brakes were "unsticking" (Quite abrupt) when I started reversing. That pulus i noticed when the car is in gear and the e-brake is up, lets say im getting something out of the back seat, i can hear the brakes sort of creaking or basically there's very slight movement. This would be covered under warranty?

Hey Flipdady, could I bring the car to MoT versus Agincourt to have this checked out. There are a couple of ppl at Agincourt that are ok but all in all I think there service sucks.

If your still within the bumper to bumper full warranty limits, then yes I'm pretty sure it would be covered~(parking brake cable+mechanism) that is.
But if the parking brake failure/seizure has caused pre-mature wear or damage to your pads or rotors, you would have a good argument for those to be replaced also.

_3

Gods Son
05-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I'll bring the car to MoT instead. I know if I bring it to Agincourt nothing will be resolved.

mazda lover
05-26-2008, 08:00 PM
+1

Me thinks your brake cables are done. We've been doing quite a few recently.

WT hell another problem for the Mazda3 to look forward to, it never ends...none of the 3s are even 5 years old yet..

Gods Son
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
WT hell another problem for the Mazda3 to look forward to, it never ends...none of the 3s are even 5 years old yet..

That statement scares me. My warranty is up in a couple of months. :(