PDA

View Full Version : CWP touch up paint

JiNuWiNe
05-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Looking for the brush style CWP touch up paint. I already spoke to Joe and he said the brush style has been discontinued and they only have the pen type. Anyone here have a bottle or CWP touch up paint that I can buy or perhaps use? Need to cover up my first ******* stone chip on the hood. :complain

Thanks guys!

theurgy
05-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Glob it into a cup from the paint pen.. and then use a either the toothpic method or a ultra fine painting brush.

cwp_sedan
05-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Glob it into a cup from the paint pen.. and then use a either the toothpic method or a ultra fine painting brush.

+1

I've used a toothpick

Garu
05-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Looking for the brush style CWP touch up paint. I already spoke to Joe and he said the brush style has been discontinued and they only have the pen type. Anyone here have a bottle or CWP touch up paint that I can buy or perhaps use? Need to cover up my first ******* stone chip on the hood. :complain

Thanks guys!

The touch up paint that they have is actually Crystal White without the Pearl. I'm not sure if there is a separate paint for the Pearl.

It sucks having CWP, the touch up paint never matches the factory paint.

openuser
05-23-2008, 11:09 PM
The touch-up paint turns yellow.... And It stands out sooo much. I don't like it one bit.

Garu: The Clear coat of the paint kind of has that glittery things that supposedly make it look like pearl..

Thrice08
05-24-2008, 09:15 AM
How noticable is the yellow colour? I need some of this aswell, do all dealers have them in stock?

JiNuWiNe
05-24-2008, 09:26 PM
How noticable is the yellow colour? I need some of this aswell, do all dealers have them in stock?

I just saw the touch up paint on a member's cwp speed3 today and it's an eye sore. Let me put it this way, the stone chip was better off without the touch up paint...

openuser
05-24-2008, 09:56 PM
I just saw the touch up paint on a member's cwp speed3 today and it's an eye sore. Let me put it this way, the stone chip was better off without the touch up paint...

Did you see me at Simply Tire?

openuser
05-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh, I can take a picture and show you guys..
It's such a pain to see it..
I want to scratch it off and just put clear coat over it just to prevent rust..

JiNuWiNe
05-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh, I can take a picture and show you guys..
It's such a pain to see it..
I want to scratch it off and just put clear coat over it just to prevent rust..

Oh, I guess that was you that I saw at Simply today.

cwp_sedan
05-25-2008, 11:03 AM
You have to put it on VERY VERY thin. Don't glob it on because it will look bad.

kaval
05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm interested to see a picture of said stone chip. I might be able to repair it.

Noisy Crow
05-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Gah!

I washed my car today, left the wipers up and then opened the hood to fill up the washer fluid etc. .... now I have a nice scrape on the edge of the hood :bang

I put some wax on it to keep it from rusting, but I'll need to touch it up... so this thread will come in handy. At least other people can share your pain!

JiNuWiNe
05-29-2008, 02:46 PM

+1

I've used a toothpick

What is this "toothpick method" that you guys speak of? Do you break the toothpick in half to expose the bristles which acts like a brush?

theurgy
05-29-2008, 03:05 PM
http://wasaac.org/techdocs/paint_touch_up.pdf

trix241
05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
the pen suck balls! i hate that thing... some good advice here

yearoftherat
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM
The stupid thing is that the touch up paint is available as a bottle in the US :complain

theurgy
05-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Actually even in the US they are phasing out to the paint pen.. like I said.. just blot a bunch of the paint from the pen into a clean plastic cup.

Wilson
06-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Gah! I wish I saw this post about a week earlier. I've got a small chip just above the gas cap and the pen is crap. There's now a little mound of cover up on my car. Anyone know how to fix a botched touch-up job? Luckily it's a really small chip and nobody else notices it but it bugs the hell outta me.

mit-gee-mui
06-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Gah! I wish I saw this post about a week earlier. I've got a small chip just above the gas cap and the pen is crap. There's now a little mound of cover up on my car. Anyone know how to fix a botched touch-up job? Luckily it's a really small chip and nobody else notices it but it bugs the hell outta me.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=197886&postcount=12

???

:whoa:chuckle:whoa

Wilson
06-15-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=197886&postcount=12

???

:whoa:chuckle:whoa

Thanks. I feel like a total newb :blush

scrolls
09-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Phase 1 complete: Just filled in the 5 stone chips on my hood & side panels. Just waiting for it to dry before doing the clear coat. Went pretty easily too, used a plastic cup and toothpick, no probs at all.