PDA

View Full Version : Burlington Mazda/Acura on Brant Body Shop

pb_blade
05-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Ok so my 3 was sent to the Leggat body shop on Brant Street in Burlington (Acura dealership in the front) by Burlington Mazda (who did my rust inspection), it was all covered under warranty. So I pick up my car 3 days later and they did a fine job on fixing the panels that were starting to rust on the inside and whatever.

I'm using one of those flip up screens Devin sells for my carPC, so I push the open button to turn it on as per usual, and to my surprise (and horror) it opens up half way, then closes down again, then flips up again, and down again several times before settling in half open. So i'm like WTF, and examine it a little further to try and figure out the root of the problem. As I discovered, the screen does this back and forth thing when it detects an obstruction to it's movement.

Some asshat somewhere inbetween had decided to forcefully pull on the screen instead of using the same button he used to open it to force it closed this resulted in gears jumping. So i had to pop it back the opposite way and now it works fine, but that's definitely not good on those gears. Plus the guy couldn't keep his hands of the other switches I had going on in my car like the interior glow and the grill glow. geeez, other than that tho, these guys do decent work.

b
05-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Dash sorry to hear. Leggat anything scares me. I bought my car from them too... Eek. Glad to hear the paint is decent!

Odin
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Ok so my 3 was sent to the Leggat body shop on Brant Street in Burlington (Acura dealership in the front) by Burlington Mazda (who did my rust inspection), it was all covered under warranty. So I pick up my car 3 days later and they did a fine job on fixing the panels that were starting to rust on the inside and whatever.

I'm using one of those flip up screens Devin sells for my carPC, so I push the open button to turn it on as per usual, and to my surprise (and horror) it opens up half way, then closes down again, then flips up again, and down again several times before settling in half open. So i'm like WTF, and examine it a little further to try and figure out the root of the problem. As I discovered, the screen does this back and forth thing when it detects an obstruction to it's movement.

Some asshat somewhere inbetween had decided to forcefully pull on the screen instead of using the same button he used to open it to force it closed this resulted in gears jumping. So i had to pop it back the opposite way and now it works fine, but that's definitely not good on those gears. Plus the guy couldn't keep his hands of the other switches I had going on in my car like the interior glow and the grill glow. geeez, other than that tho, these guys do decent work.

I know I'm resurecting this thread from the grave, but I've got some upcoming body work with Leggat Acura on Brant and I'm worried that when they apply the paint it won't look like it was factory finished - in that it will look like it has that sprayed texture vs. that buttery smooth OEM finish. Should I be concerned with this?

2012speed3
10-26-2012, 06:04 AM
I know I'm resurecting this thread from the grave, but I've got some upcoming body work with Leggat Acura on Brant and I'm worried that when they apply the paint it won't look like it was factory finished - in that it will look like it has that sprayed texture vs. that buttery smooth OEM finish. Should I be concerned with this?

No expierence with this shop but the factory paint has quite a bit of Orangepeel and shops usually match it up pretty good.