PDA

View Full Version : AP - letdown

speed2008
05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
i just bought a Speed and was considering buying the accessport until i learned the hype around the product was inflated thanks to the Speed communities doin cobb's marketing thinking it was the greatest mod ever invented. All cobb did was laugh all the way to the bank. all i've read is how "my car feels smoother" but for $700, who cares???? show me the power #'s. i don't see any post cobb dyno's here. i think everyone that bought into the hype and bought the AP must feel stupid right now.

CanadaGTO
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Nice first post, welcome.......

Fobio
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
sounds like my little cousin when we were young and she asked her mom why I got to piss standing and she had to sit down...

kid_icarus
05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice first post, welcome.......

+1...

for a guy that doesn't even own a speed yet... to go through the trouble of creating account just to write a comment about the accessport being a load of crock seems like you got too much time on your hands....

anyways bud
why don't you post some justified negative feedback since you want some justified positive feedback too.

CanadaGTO
05-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Gotta like a guy who comes in and in his first post calls a whole bunch of the members stupid fanboys.

mleblond
05-28-2008, 02:08 PM
lol
I am not stage 2 and still got mine in the mail....thanks to pat....I figured this thing is a must for anycar. The fact that you have access to tune the computer of the car sells it for me. I'm not a tuner but hell maps will be available with time and I am sure custom tuning will probably happen in the future.

It's a toy, just like your playstation or xbox for you tv except this is for the speed3 :)

Speedy2008
05-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Yikes, I hope no one confuses him/her with me. I like Cobb....ok.

Cardinal Fang
05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Gentlemen, please don't feed the Troll.

speed2008
05-28-2008, 02:39 PM
i wasn't callin anyone stupid. there's a difference between callin someone stupid and sayin they must feel stupid. i think that cardinal fang is stupid for callin me a name. thats uncalled for. so cobbs product was a letdown, big deal. we all get ripped off at some points in our lives.

07Speedfreak
05-28-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.darkmesa.com/images/smilies/ban.gif

S.F.W.
05-28-2008, 02:46 PM
so cobbs product was a letdown, big deal. we all get ripped off at some points in our lives.

Keep in mind, that is your opinion only. Many people that have purchased the AP have had very positive reviews.

brecker
05-28-2008, 02:46 PM
i wasn't callin anyone stupid. there's a difference between callin someone stupid and sayin they must feel stupid. i think that cardinal fang is stupid for callin me a name. thats uncalled for. so cobbs product was a letdown, big deal. we all get ripped off at some points in our lives.

As you allready must know - no flashing/tuning device has produced big numbers :)

I'm sure after all your homework, you have also realized the limits of this engine, and what COBB's goal were as well as COBB has never been about big numbers.

Go upgrade your turbo, manifold and possibly cams, then custom tune it and you will obtain that big set of balls you are after :pop

Noisy Crow
05-28-2008, 02:48 PM
:AH Basically, you've said that everyone here who likes the Cobb AP and promotes it to others is a patsy. Frankly, there is no difference between telling someone they are stupid and telling them they should *feel* that they are stupid.

i learned the hype around the product was inflated thanks to the Speed communities doin cobb's marketing thinking it was the greatest mod ever invented.. i think everyone that bought into the hype and bought the AP must feel stupid right now.

WhiteSpeed3
05-28-2008, 02:52 PM
the AP accually does a lot for example a friend of mine has an STi with intake, tbe and the ap and he dyno'd at 375whp and 400tq to 4 wheels witch anyone would know is crazy numbers for a awd car cuz they loose so much getting the pwer to the wheels

i wasnt a fan of the ap but if it does that to a STi with such little mods then i give it some serious credit

speed2008
05-28-2008, 02:54 PM
wow, why am i being attacked??? i must have hurt a nerve with the truth. my friend warned me about mazda drivers being mostly women. guess he was right.

midnightfxgt
05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Lets see the posts where Cobb said the product was going to make huge numbers, and then some proof that it didnt. Until then, stop flapping your gums.

You come on this forum, and have so far added nothing of value.

-John

midnightfxgt
05-28-2008, 02:58 PM
my friend warned me about mazda drivers being mostly women. guess he was right.

Does your friend always spew as much of his opinion as fact, like you? I see a BAN coming in the near future :)

Cardinal Fang
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
wow, why am i being attacked??? i must have hurt a nerve with the truth. my friend warned me about mazda drivers being mostly women. guess he was right.

Let me guess, you're not calling anyone here a women right? And the fact that you think calling someone a member of the opposite sex is an insult says more about:

1. How you feel about women and
2. Your own insecurities as male.

Be that as it may it appears you've come here for no other reason than to stir the pot. I'm sure you have better things to do. If you don't than I'm sure we can arrange for your time here to be limited so you can dedicate more time to better endeavors.

WhiteSpeed3
05-28-2008, 03:04 PM

no one is really attacking u its just u come on here say something with no backup

i dont even have the AP and am prob not gonna get it but i am still very impressed with what it has done to some of the cars

midnightfxgt
05-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Before this gets out of hand, I think we should lock the thread. It serves no purpose.

speed2008 - If your unimpressed with Cobb, or the AP, create a new thread. however, make sure you can back up your claims etc, and you can avoid these circumstances in the future.

-John