PDA

View Full Version : Odd rattling at idle

Unoriginalusername
06-02-2008, 01:43 PM
getting an odd rattle underneath the engine when idling at some rpms but not others. any ideas?

WhiteSpeed3
06-02-2008, 04:43 PM
is it the same kind of rattle that i showed u

Unoriginalusername
06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
is it the same kind of rattle that i showed u

no, almost worried it is a motor mount

Fobio
06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
hey UOU...I've read that some dude who was putting out some serious go in the MS3 requiring a stiffer mount than the SU...maybe you're in that territory...

Unoriginalusername
06-02-2008, 06:29 PM
hey UOU...I've read that some dude who was putting out some serious go in the MS3 requiring a stiffer mount than the SU...maybe you're in that territory...

mount performs great, it is just some sort of rattle at idle.

Coolfactor
06-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Hmmm.. check maybe on the exhaust side or heat shields? I have a rattle on my car too that's been going on for the last 3 months or so but only when I'm shutting down the engine.. I suspect the pulleys or tensioner now creating the rattling noise. Has anybody else experienced these issues? Obviously dealer couldn't "reproduce"... :flaming

Wild Weasel
06-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Might be the clutch wobbling. :chuckle

zoomzoom33
06-07-2008, 11:23 AM
but only when I'm shutting down the engine.. I suspect the pulleys or tensioner now creating the rattling noise. Has anybody else experienced these issues? Obviously dealer couldn't "reproduce"... :flaming

Does it sound like a slight grinding / clunking noise when shutting down. I have the same issues but its been like that since I got the car.

Coolfactor
06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Does it sound like a slight grinding / clunking noise when shutting down. I have the same issues but its been like that since I got the car.

Yeah a clunking noise would best describe it. Didn't happen before so it seems like something got loose with time. I'll keep bugging the dealer with this and make them reproduce it in my company.. it does it all the time so no excuses there..

jspeed_3
08-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah a clunking noise would best describe it. Didn't happen before so it seems like something got loose with time. I'll keep bugging the dealer with this and make them reproduce it in my company.. it does it all the time so no excuses there..

i got this today for the first time ever :locoafter a long drive from Windsor...

5_Alive
08-04-2008, 09:09 AM
My car does it sometimes as well.. i'll sit in the garage for a min. lettin' it cool off, shut it down, and it clunks/ thuds when the engine shuts down..
weird to say the least, but it did it since i bought the car..
not that i care if the thing breaks, it has warranty for a reason.. i've been through so many cars that now i wait until something breaks before i bring it in for service.. i just can't stand to care anymore, especially when a dealer says that famous line of can't duplicate..
So, when it does finally break, I LOL at them, give me a damn rental, fix my shit, wash it when your done, and see you in no more than 36 hours with the work order and my vehicle completed to beyond perfect conditions.