PDA

View Full Version : Rear strut rattling noise

CanSpeed 3
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
On my 2004 mazda 3 a small clicking noise started in the drivers side rear strut. It then started to get worse untill it was a louad rattling noise. Its still under warrenty so i took it back and the replaced both rear struts. I got the car back with the new parts and it then started to do it again. Its been a week now with this rattling noise so i took it back and complained once again. They checked it out and told me it was the rear strut once again and its because mazda has this plastic sleeve in/on the strutt that will rattle, and they were going to stick a peice of foam inside the sleeve so it would quit the rattle.

I told them im not driving the car if thats how they're going to fix it. They checked for after market struts but they were the exact same as the mazda models. Im booked in to get it fixed and solved wensday.

Ive checked everything in the car, and under. Breaks, heat shields, trunk, you name it. Everything on this car is tight and new.

It will only rattle when driving, as soon as u tighten up the breaks it will put a load angle on the strutt and make the rattle stop. Its been pin pointed to the strut and aparently its not the first mazda 3 with this problem. Has anyone seen this or know anything they can tell me or even help me with?

Like i said, both brand new struts were installed from dealer, and both start rattling after a few days of driving. How can i fix this, or is there anything i can tell the dealership?

CanSpeed 3
06-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Cmon someone must know!

mazda lover
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Cmon someone must know!

take it back to the dealer, some here may have not experienced this problem so no reply...

CanSpeed 3
06-04-2008, 10:33 PM
take it back to the dealer, some here may have not experienced this problem so no reply...

Its going back in tomorrow. They are going to try and fix the sleeve from rattling :S its not a fix to me.