PDA

View Full Version : Flip Key Issue

lamerking
06-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone?

My flip key has been programmed for quite some time now. Yesterday I get out of the car and accidently drop the set of keys on the ground, no big deal, i have done it before. I come back out an hour later and the key won't start the car anymore. I can put it in and turn it but it doesn't start the engine so i figured it was maybe the battery.

I pull out one of the original sets of keys and voila, no problems.

I'm thinking dropping the flip key may have scrambled it but the remote buttons still work. The key won't work. I tried re-programming it several times but with no success.

Any help?

Noisy Crow
06-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone?

My flip key has been programmed for quite some time now. Yesterday I get out of the car and accidently drop the set of keys on the ground, no big deal, i have done it before. I come back out an hour later and the key won't start the car anymore. I can put it in and turn it but it doesn't start the engine so i figured it was maybe the battery.

I pull out one of the original sets of keys and voila, no problems.

I'm thinking dropping the flip key may have scrambled it but the remote buttons still work. The key won't work. I tried re-programming it several times but with no success.

Any help?

The ignition imobilizer part of the key does not have a battery. The key portion of the flipkey has a small chip in it. There is a sensor around the igntion keyslot that reads a code from the chip, and will only allow the car to start if it recognizes the code. Dropping the key must have somehow damaged the chip. So it sounds like you will need to get the key portion replaced.

huyzel
06-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Good thing you had your spare handy.

Interesting....
Perhaps it would be a good idea to keep a spare key handy at all times.
I keep mine at home, but this means I could be stranded someplace....
I guess I could use the roadside assistance.

... any other ideas?

bj21
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Good thing you had your spare handy.

Interesting....
Perhaps it would be a good idea to keep a spare key handy at all times.
I keep mine at home, but this means I could be stranded someplace....
I guess I could use the roadside assistance.

... any other ideas?

hide-a-key - under the bumper maybe

bj21

FLIPDADY
06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Have you tried re-programming it?

cwp_sedan
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Have you tried re-programming it?

I think he did Joe.

I tried re-programming it several times but with no success.

lamerking
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I think he did Joe.

+1

After trying 10 times, I quit trying to reprogram it. When I put the flip key after the two programmed keys, the anti theft light is supposed to turn on and disappear right away but it just keeps flashing.

Is there warranty on flip keys? :chuckle

The remote works perfectly fine.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I have the front of a flip key that I am no longer using, as I am using a Compustar.

Let me know if you want it.. I am pretty sure you can swap out the actual key part.

lamerking
06-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I have the front of a flip key that I am no longer using, as I am using a Compustar.

Let me know if you want it.. I am pretty sure you can swap out the actual key part.

How do I swap it out? Can you mail it?

p-o-g-i
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM

Jeff to the rescue!!!!!!!!!

FLIPDADY
06-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Uncut right?:chuckle

TheLouch
06-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Here's an issue I'm having with my flipkey, or more specifically the remote control half of it - for no apparent reason it started constantly activating the 'panic' alarm. As soon as I get in range of the car on the parking lot it starts going off... stops when the ignition is activated, but then starts up again when the ignition is turned off. My guess is that the 'panic' button circuit is stuck closed, since I'm not able to stop the alarm or open/close doors with the remote.

The actual key-part of the flipkey works just fine, and my other 'regular' remotes also work 100%.

Reprogramming seems impossible, since I'm unable to active the lock/unlock buttons.

Tried changing the battery in it, but without any result.

Has anyone encountered anything similar? And in the case that the remote is faulty beyond-repair, what are the chances I can get it replaced?