PDA

View Full Version : What/when to Wax?

Ogata
06-13-2008, 12:17 PM
What are some good wax's to use? I looked at Eshine's website and they have tons!

theurgy
06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
LOL That's a loaded question.

For wax I use Poorboy's Natty Paste Wax, and usually on top of a sealant.

ZeroChalk
06-13-2008, 02:58 PM
what colour is your car?

kaval
06-13-2008, 03:45 PM
this thread has lots of info
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=23832

theurgy
06-13-2008, 05:34 PM
^^Or whatever Kaval recommends...LOL

Ogata
06-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Metro Gray

I plan to use Synthetic with a Claybar but don't know which one to get from eshine. I am leaning towards Meguiar's but have no info on Poorboys yet my friend's Impreza uses Poorboys and yes it is a LOADED question XDD.

theurgy
06-13-2008, 08:00 PM
HAHA Well I happen to love the Ricardo Clay, (Sonus makes another good one too).
I'm a big fan of Poorboy's, and Optimum products lately.. mainly because they have the ability to be applied in the sun which detailer quality Meg's doesn't.. you have to be completely indoors to wax and in favourable conditions.

Ogata
06-13-2008, 08:23 PM
HAHA Well I happen to love the Ricardo Clay, (Sonus makes another good one too).
I'm a big fan of Poorboy's, and Optimum products lately.. mainly because they have the ability to be applied in the sun which detailer quality Meg's doesn't.. you have to be completely indoors to wax and in favourable conditions.

Meguiar's need to be in the shade to be waxed? I know you have to wax in the shade depending on the wax but I thought Meg's could withstand both. Hmmm if thats the case then Poorboy's here I come! What do you suggest for a Claybar? Eshine has Meg's and Wolfgang's. Eshine states you should spray Wolfgang lube before you use it but can you use their Ricardo one? Its just...lube right?

aris
06-13-2008, 08:24 PM
i use glare and only glare..been very happy with it...using for alot of years. I was my cars/trucks every year

mit-gee-mui
06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
More suggestions for waxes

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7351&highlight=wax%2A

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7388&highlight=wax%2A

Ogata
06-13-2008, 08:26 PM
ARGH!! I can't edit and sorry for the thread capping but what does this glaze do? It sounds like a marketing ploy to me unless it was meant for something else.

http://www.eshine.ca/poorboys_world_black_hole_show_glaze_for_dark_vehi cles-418.php?cat=71

They even have one for white cars:

http://www.eshine.ca/poorboys_world_white_diamond_show_glaze_for_light_ vehicles-419.php?cat=71

theurgy
06-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Off the shelf Meg's is fine in the shade, but the detailer level stuff is different.
As for claybar, go with the wolfgang, don't waste the money on clay lube and just use the quick detailer from Megs, it's cheap and readily available.

kaval
06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
^Or buy a bottle of ONR and dilute it to Clay Lube, works great. I add a little more to be on the safe side and haven't had any issues.

theurgy
06-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah that too... Optimum No Rinse is such a great product for that.

Trinidad
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I have a metro gray as well and I recently bought Mother's Synwax and then I use Meg's Quick Detailer afterwards. Shine is excellent, and durability seems to be pretty good. After the few Thunderstorms we've had since I put the coat on (about 2 weeks) it still seems to have a layer of protection. And to be fair I didn't put on a whole lot of wax. Cost about $16.95 for the bottle and about $9.95 for the Meg's. Wax was very easy to apply and did not leave white stains etc on trim.

kaval
06-16-2008, 04:42 PM
The best Quick Detailer for using between washes right now is Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer. It's like wax in a spray!

Ogata
07-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I just did a Poorboy's Polish with Sealant after I claybared with Meg's on my hood and it was slick!! What are quick detailers? Are you suppose to apply one after you wax or is it if your lazy to wax? (sorry for the noob question). All I can say now is ...I'M HOOKED!!

lancesir
07-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I use collinite since I read that stuff lasts, and I'm too lazy to wax every few months. I only do twice a year. I bought from eshine.

I would be interested in seeing that victoria wax stuff, especially on a red or bright colour vehicle.

And don't forget about buffing towels. I got the cookie monster from eshine and I must say that works better than other towels I've bought from canadian tire and stuff.

ZeroChalk
07-09-2008, 11:10 AM
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/1259/rearmazda3shinyaq4.jpg

vic wax on white, probably not the best pic..... (there is more stuff underneath it)

baymoe
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I find Mother's Detailing Spray to be a better product than Meguiars. It doesn't leave as slick of a surface as the Mothers product.

Flagrum_3
07-12-2008, 10:57 AM
3m Hand Glaze, and Turtle Wax Ice (Liquid wax)......Occasionally Mother's Pure Carnuaba Paste Wax....for that deep look :chuckle

_3

p_k
07-19-2008, 12:55 PM
lot of choice, ... depend what u want and how much u want ot spend..

sunkist4338
04-19-2009, 04:07 PM
The best Quick Detailer for using between washes right now is Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer. It's like wax in a spray!

what is quick detailer for and how do you use it?

SonicBoy
04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Everyone has a product that works for them. Did you try sending an e-mail to Chris at e-shine? He's pretty good at responding back pretty quick.

Flagrum_3
04-20-2009, 01:44 AM
what is quick detailer for and how do you use it?

Quick detailer is used in between normal wax applications, it's a quick way to shine up the car and get those nasty water spots off the surface.Simply you just spray it on and wipe it off after you've just washed the vehicle.

If using a detailer, I've read it is best to use one that is of the same brand/series type wax as the regular wax used on the vehicle.For instance, I use Turtle Wax Ice Paste wax, so I would use the Turtle wax Ice detailer,same goes for any other brand wax. Reasoning; it has something to do with chemical bonding.

_3