PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a car from Downtown Mazda???

speedster01
06-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Im looking to buy a car...I live in Downtown area...How's DT Mazda?

Dragazn
06-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Many many bad experiences at Downtown Mazda. I have sworn off going anywhere near that dealership and their horrible staff.

speedster01
06-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Really? How bad could it be? I mean, i've heard horror stories before, but this sounds worse than that...

Dragazn
06-18-2008, 04:02 PM
I've had 4 mazdas in the last 5-6 years. I will refuse to go to Downtown and Markham Mazda. I feel they both are very dishonest and will be quick to place the blame on something else for their own gain at the cost of the customer.

Its truly a VERY VERY long story, my advice is to either go to another dealership or give Mazda of Toronto a call and speak to Jeff. A lot of members have purchased their cars from him and it seems he knows how to take care of his customers.

If you really want to know more about my situation, which is one of the MANY bad experiences, you can PM me your MSN contact, if you have one and we can talk more about it then.

KenYork
06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
I'd take the subway north to finch and go to see Jeff at MOT.

zoom08
06-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Looking through all these forums... "Jeff this.. Jeff that..Jeff..Jeff ..Jeff." you guys get a referral fee??

speedster01
06-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey Zoom08, i asked a simple question, and if you dont have a decent answer to it, than i'd rather you keep your mouth shut...People here are trying to be helpful in me purchasing a car.

RallyPlaya
06-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Looking through all these forums... "Jeff this.. Jeff that..Jeff..Jeff ..Jeff." you guys get a referral fee??

No But either they got a great price on their mazda 3 thru Jef or know someone who got a great price on a mazda 3 by Jeff.... His Reputaion speaks through results :)

speedster01
06-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, I think I may go visit Jeff then, but first, I'd like to go to DT Mazda and give them a try cuz they're closer.

mit-gee-mui
06-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Not sure if you read this thread. It talks about past sales experiences.
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22320&highlight=downtown+mazda

More stories about past purchases.
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=20080&highlight=downtown+mazda

The rest of the threads talk more about servicing experiences.

KenYork
06-18-2008, 05:59 PM
No But either they got a great price on their mazda 3 thru Jef or know someone who got a great price on a mazda 3 by Jeff.... His Reputaion speaks through results :)

He may give a good price, but more importantly he believes in what he sells. He personally owns a Mazda 3, traded in his wife's Mazda 3 for a Mazda 5(new addition to his family, congrats!).

MSMitch
06-18-2008, 07:56 PM
ALL the folks at Scarboro Mazda are top motch IMO - when they say they'll call back, they actually DO!!! We REALLY like the folks at Orillia Mazda - we have a place 5 minutes from their dealership - they have some Mazda 5's if anyone is interested! (Jeff is a stand-up guy too - as close as we live to them, alas, I'm not sure if we'll be visiting them much anymore :blush)

Speedy2008
06-23-2008, 02:38 AM
Well, I think I may go visit Jeff then, but first, I'd like to go to DT Mazda and give them a try cuz they're closer.

Test drive the cars at DT Mazda but buy from MOT. Otherwise, you'll find yourself posting a rant laced w/ expletives. Judging by your angry response to zoom08's lighthearted post, maybe it's better for you to avoid unnecessary stress. Just see Jeff.

dsichewski
06-23-2008, 11:14 AM
I live in kitchener and I drove to Jeff to buy my car. When I've been at MOT I've met ppl that have driven down from Ottawa to buy a car off Jeff. Jeff takes great pride in is job and definatly goes the extra mile to ensure you have a great buying experience that is the least bit complicated. +1 for Jeff!

Kaiserhead
09-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Why suffer the agony of Downtown Mazda when Mazda of Toronto is only a 45 minute subway ride away?

EastYork3
09-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I live 5 minutes away from downtown Mazda but I bought from Jeff at MOT. He is a good guy and got me a great car for a really great price. IMHO, it's worth it to go see Jeff.

KenYork
09-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Picked up at 2008.5 last month from DT Mazda, not my choice but the experience was not bad. Mind you the sales person was a young chinese guy and the car was for my sister.

Lapute
12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Never never buy a car from DT Mazda. First of all, James (chinese guy) gave us a quote and when I came back to put a deposit, he conveniently "forgot" to add his commision!!!! The price was higher, of course, and when I wanted to call my husband, James said - what for?!!!!!!!! I literally said to him - are you kidding me? When I called to complain to the Sales Manager ( the guy with a red face, deep voice, looks like drinker), he roared at me like I am an alien or something. The Sales manager was so rude, that it was a first time I met someone like him i Canada! Basically he said to me that I am nothing and have no right to complain, cause we signed the Sales Agreement.
Anyways, the service was OK from James, but the experience with the specie called Sales Manager was awfull. For sure I am going to notify Mazda corporation what they hire. I will never ever step in that dealership again, nor I would recommend it to my worst enemy. Try to avoid that dealership, DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!

Soyabean
12-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt there something in contract law that allows you to back out of a deal after signing it within a certain period? something like buyers remorse or something like that?

Lapute
12-22-2008, 09:39 AM
We liked the car, it was bran new Mazda5, plus the deal we were getting was very good anyway. We decided to ignore the sales manager's ignorance and just enjoy the purchase. but now I am posting everywhere manager's attitude towares clients. After all, we don't have to associate with him on a daily basis:))))))

Jeff-TheBiz
12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
We liked the car, it was bran new Mazda5, plus the deal we were getting was very good anyway. We decided to ignore the sales manager's ignorance and just enjoy the purchase. but now I am posting everywhere manager's attitude towares clients. After all, we don't have to associate with him on a daily basis:))))))

You may not need to associate with him/her on a daily basis, but having someone at the dealership that can help you after your purchase can save you thousands long term..

ie "Where can I get a windshield fixed?" "Can you help me get out of my lease?" "Help, I need a ride." "Where can I get ____"

etc..

Just a few questions I get regularly.

mbd
12-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Never never buy a car from DT Mazda. First of all, James (chinese guy) gave us a quote and when I came back to put a deposit, he conveniently "forgot" to add his commision!!!! The price was higher, of course.... When I called to complain to the Sales Manager ( the guy with a red face, deep voice, looks like drinker), he roared at me like I am an alien or something.

Wow....you're a much stronger person than I. I would have walked out. The deal was different than what you had signed then you were treated badly. It would have made me very uncomfortable....enough to go somewhere else.