PDA

View Full Version : S-afc Ii?

shootemup
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Hey guys,

I noticed that there are not many topics directly related to installing S-AFC II's into our cars. I was kinda wondering why.

I have an S-AFC unit that I was thinking about putting into my 08.5 GT when I finally pick it up, but I am sceptical now as from what I can see, not many people have installed one.

Could some of you chime in and let me know if it is worth installing?

Boris
06-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Most type of piggy-back engine managements will not work on our car, you will have to buy a standalone or the ones that specialize for our car such as the XFC, i think there are 1-2 other brand, but you will have to find information on mazda3forums.com since i don't remember.

mogul_pro
06-24-2008, 10:23 AM
What have you done to your car that you would need to modify your fuel curve (and void 'waranty' on a brnad new car)?

shootemup
06-24-2008, 11:09 AM
What have you done to your car that you would need to modify your fuel curve (and void 'waranty' on a brnad new car)?

LOL... I don't even have the car yet, it's still on the boat. Just wondering if it was worth keeping or selling it off. It looks like I'm selling it.

Thanks everyone.

mogul_pro
06-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah you have no real reason to use one.

You could probly get a decent buck for it with the online forums.

That model would fetch a better buck on honda/acura forums because you have the option to mess around with vtec settings and thus they would have more use for a tool like that. Its a cool toy to have but not really needed and when you take your brand new fresh off the boat car to a dealer because something happened do you want them to tell you to get lost because you messed around with your factory ECU settings? Don't think so.