PDA

View Full Version : Returning a lease at Markham Mazda

kamikaze45
06-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Anyone have experience with this? good or bad?
My lease is ending in Nov. not sure if we're gonna buy it back or walk away.
Any heads up would be great.
thanks!

Cudgel
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Anyone have experience with this? good or bad?
My lease is ending in Nov. not sure if we're gonna buy it back or walk away.
Any heads up would be great.
thanks!

I returned my lease in April 2008 without any issues.

A few months before your lease is up, AutoVin should be contacting you (Mazda Canada contracts their lease return inspections to them) for an inspection. They will come to your home or office and it should take less than 1 hour. Since your lease ends in November, you should also be getting a lease return package from Mazda that explains a bit more. It will include a card explaining the reseasonable wear and tear and what you'll be charged for excessive wear and tear.

If I remember correctly, you can have up to 3 dents per panel not bigger than the size of a credit card. There are other things like the tire wear, scratches on paint, any tears in the interior and stone chips on windshield.

Basically, put your car back to stock and AutoVin will inspect your car. At the end of the inspection, they will tell you if you have any excessive wear and tear charges. If there are, you'll be told of the charges. If not, all you have to do contact Markham Mazda ahead of time and let them know you intend to return your leased car to them on a specific date. Make sure you bring all the keys and remote along with own'ers manual and the inspection report.

This link here might answer some other things as well.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=18937

Hope this helps.

kamikaze45
06-27-2008, 12:01 PM
thanks for the info!

guess i'll be waiting for the package from them.

tvismylife
07-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi there,

I just had my leased Sport GT "inspected". Here is my experience.

===============
When you will be called
===============
Around 1 month before my lease-off date, Mazda Canada (or inspection company on behalf of Mazda Canada...I can't remember) called me up, explainning the reason for calling and tried to setup a time for inspection. Finally I picked a time on a week day afternoon at my wife's office parking lot.

If you have decided to buy-back, you can tell the guy. He will be happy to hear your decision. No more inspection will be needed. What yo uhave to do is to make appointment with your dealer for paperwork. Further information about emission test and safety test durign the buy-back process, you should ask your dealer.

===============
The expected procedures
===============
He told us to bring everything back to the car including user manual, the 2 keys, spare tire ......the inspector will call my wife to show the contract and car. Inspector will ask my wife some questions, which would be less than 10 minutes, then hand the key to the inspector and my wife can go back to work. On the other hand the inspector will take the car for a spin. Afterwards, he will call my wife back to the parking lot, explain the problems he found and how much we have to pay to fix. That would be another 3 minutes.

:)The guy on the phone making the appointment was very nice and polite.

===============
The actual procedures
===============
The inspector called my wife 2 days before, saying he's around that area, it would be more convenince for him to do the inspection at that time. My wife explained he can do the inspection but we didn't have the manuals and original wheel locks (we put on the secure wheel locks) in car. Inspector said that's still OK.

The inspector arrived, called my wife out to show him the car, changed outside and inside. Then showed the inspection report to my wife.
$0 - sweet! Frankly speaking, there were some wears on 1 side door, rims and driver leather seat.

Inspector also email the report to us as well.

===============
Return the leased car
===============
You DO NOT need to return it to your original dealer. Avante is closer to my place so I called them up and they said yes I can drop off the lease car there.

===============
Buy-back or New
===============
So I struggled fo rthe same question for months. In my case, my leased car is Sport GT lux package. The buy-back amount is enough for a new Honda Fit, or 2006 Mazda 3. Financing rate of the buy-back amount is 8.95% which is total rediculous. My wife and I still prefer Mazda 3 than the others. Thus we calculate the monthly payment for a new Mazda 3 which is acceptable with 1.4% for 84 installments.

===============
You have teh bargain for a new one
===============
YES you are loyal customer so renewing a Mazda would entitle financing 1.4% instead of 1.9% (I don't know if they would give the same offer in Nov at your time). Also try visit other dealers, they wanna have your business and beat your original leasing dealer. You have the bargaining power.

1 more offer from my original leasing dealer who is willing to pay my remaining leasing amount if I buy a new Mazda from them now. Thus I can return the leased car to them and drive a new car earlier. More important issue is that I can enjoy the June incentive financing rate. Later the incentive may not be available.

Finally we go for financing a new Mazda 3 @ Avante 'cos they match the offer and more. I will say good-bye to my 2-years-leasing baby.

Good luck and hope it's helpful to your decision.

Jeff-TheBiz
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
More important issue is that I can enjoy the June incentive financing rate. Later the incentive may not be available.

It is available for everything except the GX Sedan. (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12365)

m_a_t_r_i_x
07-04-2008, 10:30 PM
great info and write up tvismylife!....

iamawickedchild
07-09-2008, 04:02 PM
so i have a quick question for those who have returned their leased car...as I never did receive an information package from mazda canada....

my dad returned my car for me earlier this week (i couldnt as I was out of town). Autovin inspected the car last week and the only issue was a scratch on one of the doors for which a charge of about $65 was indicated...no problem there...

my dad returned the car gave up the keys and in exchange got the plates...and basically he was told he could leave (after explaining to the manager that he wasnt interested in getting a new car...apparently that's all they wanted to know)...so he left..

but he never paid the 65 bucks or signed anything to acknowledge the car was returned...and I dont know if he had too since no one he dealt with bothered to look at the Autovin report he was holding in his hands?

so now my question is do i have to go back to the dealership to pay the $$ or will mazda canada invoice me? or if this is a perfect world...will that invoice for 65 bucks go into a black hole and be forgotten forever??

bj21
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
so i have a quick question for those who have returned their leased car...as I never did receive an information package from mazda canada....

my dad returned my car for me earlier this week (i couldnt as I was out of town). Autovin inspected the car last week and the only issue was a scratch on one of the doors for which a charge of about $65 was indicated...no problem there...

my dad returned the car gave up the keys and in exchange got the plates...and basically he was told he could leave (after explaining to the manager that he wasnt interested in getting a new car...apparently that's all they wanted to know)...so he left..

but he never paid the 65 bucks or signed anything to acknowledge the car was returned...and I dont know if he had too since no one he dealt with bothered to look at the Autovin report he was holding in his hands?

so now my question is do i have to go back to the dealership to pay the $$ or will mazda canada invoice me? or if this is a perfect world...will that invoice for 65 bucks go into a black hole and be forgotten forever??

you will get a bill - or the $65 will be deducted from your security deposit (if you paid one) before it is returned to you

just watch the mail for a couple of weeks

bj21

Jeff-TheBiz
07-09-2008, 06:27 PM
[quote=iamawickedchild;316154]so i have a quick question for those who have returned their leased car...as I never did receive an information package from mazda canada....

you will get a bill - or the $65 will be deducted from your security deposit (if you paid one) before it is returned to you

just watch the mail for a couple of weeks

bj21

In fact, you may get a bill for more...

Do not drop off a leased vehicle without a written confirmation of the condition at drop off. The report that autovin did is probably a couple of days old, and if a lot guy smashes into your lease return and you have nothing saying that it was good when you dropped it off, you may get a bill for that damage as well.

I would suggest you go back and get something from them indicating the condition at return.

iamawickedchild
07-09-2008, 11:29 PM
thanks for the info...

i am going to head to the dealership first thing tomorrow...

now i know i had a reason to have uneasy feelings about the whole thing...

mazdathree
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I bought mine after the lease end so never had to bother about the formalities of the lease return..

wantboost
08-05-2008, 09:09 AM
how is this dealer for service?

Jeff-TheBiz
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
how is this dealer for service?

best off to search, rather than ask in a thread that has nothing to do with service.

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
ques for thebiz, i replaced my rotors with aftermarket (magnum cross drilled) do i need to put back the stock/oem rotors when i return the car off lease?

second ques, i have two windshield stonechip (crack about 1 cm), do i need to replace the windshield?

TIA

SonicBoy
08-05-2008, 07:37 PM
If you do not have wear care, you will need to have the Windshield replaced. Anything that betters the car does not need to be removed.

Jeff-TheBiz
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
If you do not have wear care, you will need to have the Windshield replaced. Anything that betters the car does not need to be removed.

Perfectly stated.

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-05-2008, 08:04 PM
ok thanks for the replies guys, ill check with my insurance if the windshield damage will be covered, i have comprehensive coverage and 0 deductible...

Jeff-TheBiz
08-06-2008, 09:47 AM
ok thanks for the replies guys, ill check with my insurance if the windshield damage will be covered, i have comprehensive coverage and 0 deductible...

Don't replace it yet... see if it does pass.. if it doesn't then get it done.

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-06-2008, 06:37 PM
^ ok jeff , tnx for the heads up...