PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 clicking noise

T45
06-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I have a clicking noise coming from the front of the car, but the noise only happens when the car is cold or has been sitting for a while. The clicking only happens as soon as i take off on 1st gear and on reverse and you can only here it for about 2sec then it goes away and wont happen again until the car gets cold or is sitting for a while. After i take off it wont do it again not even if i stop the car and take off, it wont make the clicking noise. The clicking noise sounds a little bit like when ac turns on. I just wanted to see if anyone has an idea of what it can be, its driving me crazy because i can't figure it out.

Unoriginalusername
06-29-2008, 08:59 PM
do you have a motor mount?

aris
06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
is your car not still under warenty?

T45
06-29-2008, 09:23 PM
no i haven't changed the factory motor mount, but i was thinking that it might be the transmission mount and the car does still have warranty.

T45
06-29-2008, 09:26 PM
I was wondering if there is any way to test the transmission mount to see if that is the problem.

aris
06-29-2008, 09:38 PM
since the car does have warrenty why not just take it to the dealer?

T45
06-29-2008, 09:45 PM
I did,they replaced the axle nut and they said that was the problem but it still making the clicking noise.

aris
06-29-2008, 09:55 PM
take it back

T45
06-29-2008, 09:55 PM
I was thinking of taking it back to the dealer to see if they can retorque the mounts on the car to see if that works.

aris
06-29-2008, 10:03 PM
ya i would take it back...

T45
06-29-2008, 10:07 PM
If anyone has had the same problem and has been able to fix it please help me!

Pilzz
06-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I had the same noise coming from my front passenger side wheel. As soon as I moved off, put the car in reverse or downshifted I heard the noise. I brought it to the dealer, made them hear the noise and they replaced the my whole drive axel. I dont have any noise coming from the wheel anymore.

T45
06-30-2008, 09:41 AM
I took the car to the dealer and they told me they can't look at it until next week. I hope that they fix the problem this time.

T45
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
If anyone has an idea of what the clicking sound could be please let me know. The sound only happens if the car is cold or sitting for a while, it will only make the noise on the take off for about 2sec, but it will not make the sound while the car is runing. And if i take off and here the clicking sound when the car is cold, even if i stop and try taking off again it won't make the sound. I would really like to figure out what the problem is.

Pilzz
06-30-2008, 07:48 PM
If anyone has an idea of what the clicking sound could be please let me know. The sound only happens if the car is cold or sitting for a while, it will only make the noise on the take off for about 2sec, but it will not make the sound while the car is runing. And if i take off and here the clicking sound when the car is cold, even if i stop and try taking off again it won't make the sound. I would really like to figure out what the problem is.

I am pretty sure you have the same problem I had. My noise came from my right drive axel and I got the dealer to replace it. Just see what the dealer has to say and they will fix it.

mazidane
10-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I had the same noise coming from my front passenger side wheel. As soon as I moved off, put the car in reverse or downshifted I heard the noise. I brought it to the dealer, made them hear the noise and they replaced the my whole drive axel. I dont have any noise coming from the wheel anymore.

So I got this checked out at QEW Mazda for a second time today, they found the front axle nuts were loose and the locking collar was not crimped, they suggested that this was most likely the cause of the clicking noise, hopefully they are right, I will continue to monitor to hear to the click sound is still evident.