PDA

View Full Version : wondering....

Cozwell
07-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I was thinking/wondering something over the weekend.

1) there is no real way to get a hold of the club in real time - like i was out on sunday crusing and was like i wonder how to find if anyone else is together anywhere in sauga? the nly real way is really through cell phone and our board is not really mobile friendly. So i thought i do some research to see what we could possibly do and get your guys feed back on it...

i found this site - http://www.peperonity.com/ It enables us to create a mobile site that we all can use on our mobiles for this purpose...dont know how well it would work but maybe worth a try for seeing where people are at...

2) The other thing i was wondering is if for all our locales - do we have ONE spot we meet at - so like Sauga people a central location say a cool cafe near square one? I suggest this casue then no matter what day or time there is always a place for TM3 Members to go that we can call our "home Base"?

anyways - im thinking i wouldn't mind hookin up tonight so if anyone is down let me know...im stopping in @ selective sound to book an install but other then that im free

kw

p-o-g-i
07-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Kristian, here are my thoughts on your comments:

1) I use to think the exact same way you did in terms of how to get a hold of people last minute. Especially in the Mississauga area as there are a million cafe's and coffee shops all over teh place. In time, I just started collecting #'s through meets and now I have about 20 contact #'s for peeps (mostlyh in 'ssauga as that's where I live). But as you could see from teh following link, there are alot more in the Mississauga area....
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22209

2) As for that one spot in Mississuga, every monday there is a designated meet by Dixie and Aimco (just north of Dixie Eglington on the east side).

mit-gee-mui
07-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Kristian, here are my thoughts on your comments:

1) I use to think the exact same way you did in terms of how to get a hold of people last minute. Especially in the Mississauga area as there are a million cafe's and coffee shops all over teh place. In time, I just started collecting #'s through meets and now I have about 20 contact #'s for peeps (mostlyh in 'ssauga as that's where I live). But as you could see from teh following link, there are alot more in the Mississauga area....
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22209

2) As for that one spot in Mississuga, every monday there is a designated meet by Dixie and Aimco (just north of Dixie Eglington on the east side).

Correction: every other.:) We had one last week, so it's next week, unless you want to set one up tonight and there is enough interest. Otherwise, we wouldn't want you showing up alone and not seeing anyone.

Cozwell
07-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Ok cool - ill swing by there tonight - is it at a timmies or something?

Cozwell
07-07-2008, 10:16 AM
well im usually down - is there a walkie talkie channel we can start or some other form of communication instead of telemarketing to everyone down to meet last minute?

lol

kw

RallyPlaya
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
well im usually down - is there a walkie talkie channel we can start or some other form of communication instead of telemarketing to everyone down to meet last minute?

lol

kw

We Dont Have a meet @ Dixie and Aimco Not today But Next Monday...its every other Monday... But This Week the Meet is on Wednesday @ La Paloma @ Woodbridge...theres usually about 15-20 of our rides out..... We have bi weekly meets on Modays @ Mississauga Dixie and Aimco, Wednesday @ La Paloma Wood Bridge, Thursday @ Markham and Occasionaly Wing Meets on Tuesday and Sundays @ Heartland Mississauga occasionally keep posed in the meets areas for them...

. ....and we have a thread with pages of numbers and emails for Contact Purposes

p-o-g-i
07-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Correction: every other.:) We had one last week, so it's next week, unless you want to set one up tonight and there is enough interest. Otherwise, we wouldn't want you showing up alone and not seeing anyone.

Thanks for the correction (RallyPlaya as well :) )