PDA

View Full Version : CP-E Throttle position dyno results

Fobio
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Hey guys...check this out...esp for you Stage 2+ guys that have eliminated much of the factory "restrictions", having 100% throttle might be what you're looking for...not so much for someone with my modest mods...:)

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/mazdaspeed-3-ecu-computer-tuning/6327-cpe-full-flash-update-5.html#post46987

Unoriginalusername
07-09-2008, 09:23 AM
so this would suggest that the cobb maps that are out that are apparently going to hold the throttle open might actually do something?

Fobio
07-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Not for me anyway...that's my understanding...without DP and FMIC, my setup prolly wouldn't benefit from 100% throttle opening...

3GFX
07-09-2008, 10:14 AM
That's awesome. Some great engineering work there from COBB. If only someone had that commitment on the non-turbo 3s.

brecker
07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Not for me anyway...that's my understanding...without DP and FMIC, my setup prolly wouldn't benefit from 100% throttle opening...

DP more specifically for this open throttle - this is the "heart and soul" for power mods for this car. Oh, and an intake would be next.

Unoriginalusername
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I heard through the grape vine that one of the vendors who has a full throttle control parameter available said in passing they did it just to prove they could but expect someone to blow their engine actually trying to use it.

if there is risk, i wonder why the heck cobb is wasting their time with this

Garu
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.cp-e.com/2117.html?open=0

Available now, at an introductory price too.
But too bad, you need to lose your ECU for... hmmm... about 2 weeks?

SP33D 3
07-11-2008, 05:09 PM
its easier just to drive down there, easily done in a weekend :)

Garu
07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Dude... it's 9 hours drive. About 18 hours round trip.
But you're right, probably worth it if you don't want to park your car for 2 weeks.

Unoriginalusername
07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
its easier just to drive down there, easily done in a weekend :)

add that gas on top of the already higher price and i really don't get how this makes any sense vs. an ap but i guess some people just want to be different :chuckle

SP33D 3
07-14-2008, 12:24 AM
add that gas on top of the already higher price and i really don't get how this makes any sense vs. an ap but i guess some people just want to be different :chuckle

its more fun being different :)

the drive isn't bad at all, its really scenic and the highways are curvy plus theres no stunt driving law haha washington dc is a pretty fun city at night too so that makes the trip well worth it in itself

i found the gas in the states gave me alot better mileage than the 94 here... one tank i got up to 650kms, while in toronto i'd get barely 500, and gas is cheaper in the states by a little bit

Unoriginalusername
07-14-2008, 08:31 AM
its more fun being different :)

the drive isn't bad at all, its really scenic and the highways are curvy plus theres no stunt driving law haha washington dc is a pretty fun city at night too so that makes the trip well worth it in itself

i found the gas in the states gave me alot better mileage than the 94 here... one tank i got up to 650kms, while in toronto i'd get barely 500, and gas is cheaper in the states by a little bit

mpg was probally because of the long steady drive vs. the gas itself... i had 660km here on the long weekend

RX9
07-14-2008, 10:39 AM
i am wishing to open less throttle or can i just take off the turbo? it seems the car drinks too much gas these days.:chuckle

brecker
07-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I heard through the grape vine that one of the vendors who has a full throttle control parameter available said in passing they did it just to prove they could but expect someone to blow their engine actually trying to use it.

if there is risk, i wonder why the heck cobb is wasting their time with this

I need the source and quote.. :)

brecker
07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
i am wishing to open less throttle or can i just take off the turbo? it seems the car drinks too much gas these days.:chuckle

It called the lighter foot mod.

Unoriginalusername
07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
I need the source and quote.. :)

happy to talk about it in person lol.... and like i said it is grapevine talk so take it for what it is but when you have cobb also saying there is no point and don't say we didn't warn you why bother?

Garu
07-14-2008, 03:13 PM
If you're worried about the gas, buy the AP and run it in economy mode. It actually works.

TiZi
07-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey everyone. My first post here in this forum so it is very nice to meet you all. The CPE flash I am familiar with so hopefully I can just share my view of it and CPE in general. I will post what I wrote on a different forum.

I drove down to CPE for the second time in a month. This time it was to fix some stuttering/loss of power issues that I had from my previous visit as well get the full control flash.

To begin with the stuttering issue was not even caused by anyone at CPE. It was done accidently by Extreme Motorsports who were tuning the car. My PID parameters were changed so that the turbo was spooling way too quickly causing a real rich condition and dumping a lot of fuel early on. Anyway just to give you an idea of what kind of people we deal with at Custom Performance Engineering , Jordan from CPE spent over five hours of his time which he could have spent in the shop on production, street tuning my car. Back and forth we went trying to figure the issue out. And like I said after many tries at different solutions he finally got it with changing the above mentioned PID parameters. He is a class act. Thank you Jordan. After that the ECU got flashed by Lou and we went for a final drive.

The flash is only one of the couple of mods that I have put on the car that I would truly recommend. Aside from the standback and maybe the reworked
K04 it is one purchase that I am very pleased with. The drivability of the car changed greatly. Responsivness is enhanced. The power feels smoother yet much stronger if that makes sense to you. The power holds stronger and longer. The car even sounds better( much meaner). It is very hard to describe unless you are in a car with the flash already in it. What I can tell you though is that most of you don't know me because I don't make posting about anything a habit. I have never posted my track times or my dyno numbers before despite having my share of passes under my belt. I have never discussed my car much before period, but when see or know something that could be very useful to the rest of us, it would not be right not to say anything. So I can honestly tell you to at least look into it further and find out more about this flash. I highly recommend it. It believe it is well worth the money. I will try to get this car dynoed asap and post some pre and post flash number as I have the pre flash dyno sheets.

This setup pre flash got 292hp/325tq at Extreme in Maryland in 100 degrees temp. A couple days later at a shop in Canada the same pre flash set up got319hp/345tq in 65 degrees temp. Both were at 19psi. My mods are all the ones I have in my sig. I figure one was a low reading dyno and the other one to be a high reader. My numbers should be somewhere in the middle of those pre flash. We will see the post flash dyno. Hope that helps.

Nice meeting you all again.

Fobio
07-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Welcome TiZi to Toronto... =)

thanks for sharing the info you posted from MSF...I'm sure lotsa guys here will benefit...