PDA

View Full Version : Waxing the car..

x_o_k_x
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I washed my car and I want to wax now but I see that my front bumper is covered in bugs or these spots, that dont come off. Is it ok to wax and hoping the buffer would remove this or I need to get rid of them before hand?

Flagrum_3
07-14-2008, 06:57 PM
That's weird just helped a friend with his car this past weekend, he had the same problem.!..We got some rubbing compound and used a buffer with a damp applicator...washed the area first than buffed the area twice with the compound then used some hand glaze and then a wax....the results were pretty damn good....most bug damage was gone.....he hadn't waxed the car in about 2 years :chuckle

_3

Kevin@nextmod
07-14-2008, 06:59 PM
there are bug spray cleaners for cars that will remove them for sure. If that doesn't work, clay bar my friend clay bar.... and plus...you should clay bar your car before you wax anyways

Ogata
07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
there are bug spray cleaners for cars that will remove them for sure. If that doesn't work, clay bar my friend clay bar.... and plus...you should clay bar your car before you wax anyways

Don't forget to claybar yourself to remove all that dirt and grime! ITS AMAZING STUFF! I can't believe it removes dirt that easily though its never always a guarantee that it will remove all of it. I clayed my entire top hood and while I waxed, there was still some dirt on my sponge.

Olestra
07-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't forget to claybar yourself to remove all that dirt and grime! ITS AMAZING STUFF! I can't believe it removes dirt that easily though its never always a guarantee that it will remove all of it. I clayed my entire top hood and while I waxed, there was still some dirt on my sponge.

That just means you have to wash better with the wash mitt. The clay will remove some dirt if it remains but the main purpose is to get stuff that's stuck in the paint that won't get picked up by your wash mitt (bugs, tar, sand specs etc.).

To the OP, never wax over the bugs or hope the buffer will remove the bugs. It will contaminate your buffing pad or even worse wax the bugs into the paint.

p_k
07-19-2008, 12:54 PM
yeah , wax your car more often , and clay . will help to protect the paint...