PDA

View Full Version : Will S-Techs rub?

Soyabean
07-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, im currently looking for lowering springs right now but am having a difficult time deciding. I want something that really drops my car. The H-Techs are a bit too high at the back for my liking. I'm leaning towards the S-Tech springs.

I have the 18x7.5 +45 ADR FIN7 rims. Tires are 225-40-18

Does anyone know if my wheels will rub with S-techs on? I've tried looking around on the forum but cannot find anyone with the same specs as I have.

Soyabean
07-18-2008, 11:45 PM
no one has any input?

tweak_s
07-19-2008, 04:06 AM
Think theres a litlte bit of offset discussion in http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=13351

Really though, through this reply, I wanted to ask you Ben, you're getting SPRINGS to lower the car? :O haha. What happened to "you shouldn't lower, no winter beater!" :P

Soyabean
07-19-2008, 09:38 AM
i lied lol. I got my old intrepid for winter. I like to contradict myself haha

p-o-g-i
07-19-2008, 08:02 PM
With 18's, I think there may be some rubbing with S-tech's. No, I'm not running on S-tech's so I can't comment on experience.

Ben, you saw my ride. I'm running on H-tech's.... and I chose those springs as I wanted something ride friendly in the winter as well. But alot of people who saw my ride in person thought my ride was on S-tech's... ???????

MAZDA Kitten
08-19-2008, 09:41 PM
You will be fine
Ive been running S Techs for the last 4 years now including winter no issues

dj_chinaman2097
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
As an alternative, there is a really good price on new Eibach Sportline springs here

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25970

zoom_concept
08-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Sportlines, damn dat be funky soft and will sag faster then a water ballon in your hand...
hence the low low drop...they are more for looks then performance

with a 225 size, its sorta wide, you would rub but only well your wheels are at full lock..

if you can go with a 215 width...all would be well.

H-techs will work too, only reason is that they will sag over time, what is says on the box does not mean the actual drop, give it a couple of months and I would say add about 0.25" more then what is advertised...

S.tech is the same deal just stiffer spring rate and agressive drop but what was said above applies about how it will go a bit lower then the advertised drop...

All in all best overall spring, that does have some performance and also enhance looks...

with an 18" rim, Canuck Motorsport springs (1.75 front and rear) are you best bet, its a BCMazda3 favorite and gets excellent reviews...

oh and about this winter debate crap, stock or lowerd just remember the car still plows snow....rust proof and snowtires and drive...

we dont drive BMW, Benzes or S2K....common folks its a friggin economy car, a damn economy car, so why treat a $32,000 as if it is worth $45,000 +++ car...

damn I see Porches that even drive in the winter