PDA

View Full Version : Replacement gauge backings

Tweedo
07-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted.

I have the GS version of the Mazda3, and it comes with the white backings for the instrument cluster. I'm not exactly pleased with the level of contrast that is offered between the white backing and the dull red lighting.

The gauges on the GT version are MUCH nicer, since they have the black backing and much brighter lighting. Therefore, I'm looking to replace my backings with black ones. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks,

Wild Weasel
07-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Dull red lighting? Does your lighting not go bright in the day and dim at night? Mine's adjustable on the Speed3. Kinda thought all the clusters were like mine...

Noisy Crow
07-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Dull red lighting? Does your lighting not go bright in the day and dim at night? Mine's adjustable on the Speed3. Kinda thought all the clusters were like mine...

Apparently not.....

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=319537&postcount=3

Tweedo
07-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Yup, the GT models have the electroluminescent gauges, the GS and GX models don't. Therefore, I'm looking to increase the contrast of the gauges by replacing the white backing to something darker (like black).

Tweedo
07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Correct, the GS Sport has the upgraded gauges too...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going insane with this stupid dash already...